can I grow for a bit in my cloner?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I got a few hand me down plants from a buddy with an aero type set up..6" baskets. They died on me when I put them in dirt..doh!

Good to know! I dont think I will try to grow in this thing..
.I really dont want to loose any clones..lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

Having listened to the conversation and thought back to my own most successful cloning efforts, I have to agree that for whatever reason it was easier for me in soil and simplicity than by any other means. I remember being so confident of 100% cloning success that for awhile I didn't run ANY extras!

The technique was stone axe simple; depleted or rinsed potting mix, wetted and then squeezed to be damp but not soaking, inside an aquarium, with a shoplight hung a foot above to provide balanced light and warmth.

No cloner 'unit'. No aeroponics, or hydroponics. No heat mat- or thermostat. No high tech climate control. No rooters or other consumables. I have a slew of rooting compounds now, but then I only used one and with 100% results, I was not in a hurry to change!

Thinking back, I think the secret to my success was the moisture level of my media and the consistency of the environment the cloning area is in.

I'm going to rethink my cloning. I think aquaponics might provide the kind of environmental conditions I'm looking for.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I think I got a bad bag of Rappid rooters last time...everything would wilt..
Yes, I washed them out too.

almost went back to rockwool cubes...but I figured Id try this

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm going to run some clones in my standard mix of roughly 40% coco and 60% hydroton, do a 1/4 strength nute solution with OGB, and maybe I won't need rooters at all!

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I soak cutting in water for 15 mins then put in peat plug then bury peat plug in solo cup full of soil, wet everything, and keep damp for 10 days, under hps on low setting or cfl's

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'll work on a thread for the cheapest and easiest way to produce a few clones. Most of my clients only do 2-6 at a time due to plant count, but it's pretty rare to lose one.
All in all, the health of the mother plant is the critical factor in producing roots fast. A healthy, slightly hungry mom produces the most vigorous and fast-rooting cuts.

stutter

stutter

Having listened to the conversation and thought back to my own most successful cloning efforts, I have to agree that for whatever reason it was easier for me in soil and simplicity than by any other means. I remember being so confident of 100% cloning success that for awhile I didn't run ANY extras!

The technique was stone axe simple; depleted or rinsed potting mix, wetted and then squeezed to be damp but not soaking, inside an aquarium, with a shoplight hung a foot above to provide balanced light and warmth.

No cloner 'unit'. No aeroponics, or hydroponics. No heat mat- or thermostat. No high tech climate control. No rooters or other consumables. I have a slew of rooting compounds now, but then I only used one and with 100% results, I was not in a hurry to change!

Thinking back, I think the secret to my success was the moisture level of my media and the consistency of the environment the cloning area is in.

I'm going to rethink my cloning. I think aquaponics might provide the kind of environmental conditions I'm looking for.

its funny you say this because my current method is simple. i get a small pot of coco. wet it and give it a hard shake downwards to get a bit of the excess water out. i cut my clone dip it in clonex and stab it into coco. i put it into a small aquarium and bobs your uncle. i usually get very good results like about 99%

the only reason im attempting the bubble cloner is because im running out of space. i now have too many mums and my little aquarium cant hold all my clones.

also i have a few clones which i have put directly into my aquaponics system to see how that goes. im thinking that bacteria/nutrient laden water should be good

Aligee

Aligee

Thanks again Ohio Brother!:)

:woot: :banghead: Duh! Thanks AliGee! I know you know all about this stuff. Clone master!
I changed the water and added new chemicals(that came with it)
I finally checked the water temp...(should have done that day 1)
It's 85! :eek: The room is 80...so that pump must be warmin up the water or something..
But at least Im getting roots! :)
Those instructions you posted say, NOT RECOMENDED for ADULT Plants :p
I think I will put most of these in soil maybe just try to grow a few extra's in there for just a bit to see. ;)

View attachment 330079

I keep throwing more in there!! ...lol

i can do this to your bucket cloner Ken!

it gets me a few degrees cooler at the least!

Top Bottom