Can I slow down plant growth?

• Thread starter sspitfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sspitfire

sspitfire

I got a plant which I should have put earlier on flowering. Now its going to grow too large for the grow box. can i slow it down somehow? A friend told me I shud cut off the top? Is this going to help ?

sspitfire

sspitfire

yeah I did but the plant is already 1m and its second week in flowering.. isnt it a bit late for LST ?

X

xRenox

I think your friend means "topping" the plant. If you pinch the top I have found it slows down growth and also splits the growth into two. For me this has worked as sometimes I have to try and slow down before using the bending method.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Never really to late for LST, just start bending and training her to grow into the space available using tie off points.

sspitfire

sspitfire

OK can anyone tell me what will happen if i cut 10cm off the plant ? can it survive that?

N

nightfun

OK can anyone tell me what will happen if i cut 10cm off the plant ? can it survive that?

Instead of cutting the top off try pinching and then bending the top over? You'll lesson the chance of herming her out.

(and as another said, it's never to late to LST) try anything but cutting the top off. The top should be some of your best smoke.

good luck!

buddogmutt

buddogmutt

Banned
lol....simple...lower temps at night...50-55'c will stagnate growth.....

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
negative diff or drop or both
negative diff = run warmer temps at night than days, 3 hours before lights on minimum.
drop = 1st 3 hours of lights on run colder temps 1st 3 hours.
Both trick the plant into thinking they has a warm night of cold day. Do this 1st 3 weeks of flower to keep the stretch down.

10degrees lower seem to be sufficient...

FYI< you did not indicate if you are in flower yet, if so you can chop the top, let her recover then flip to flower. Ideally, try not to cut more than 30%

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

yeah I did but the plant is already 1m and its second week in flowering.. isnt it a bit late for LST ?

Do you mean 1 month veg and 2 weeks flower or 6 weeks of flower?....its never too late for LST just be careful not to break the stem.

Bakeaked

Bakeaked

if your 2 weeks in flower and the main cola is nearing your light id personally just top it because if you lst it the main cola might cast a lot of shade onto your secondary colas or burn etc. whenever ive had this problem ive topped and capped the central cola to slow down growth and then tied it back by simply weighting it down. I found this made the central grow outwards and left me with a main cola weighing 1.8 0z dry however each is different so just choose :)

Top Bottom