Can I Spray A Tea

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

hello so on the packaging for the foliar pack it says to mix like 5 grams per liter if i intend to spray.

is it possible to make a tea and spray that instead. if so how would i filter it enough so as not to clog my spraying cart?

Natural

Natural

Last time I did it was straight bennies and water, after letting the talc settle out and skimming off the top. It left powder spots all over and didn't spread as good as I thought it could. I didn't have any problems with my little pump sprayer clogging, the one that has a plunger and is the size of a large softball. Have decided to use a tea from now on. Let the talc settle out in your water (took about 24 hrs), then strain from the top. Then I'll add some EWC's in a paint strainer bag with a touch molasses. The consensus everyone was coming to is that some yucca (as a sticker) to the mix wouldn't hurt the bennies, but isn't necessary, as the bennies brew they produce a "natural glue" and molasses acts as a sticker as well.
here's the thread where we discussed it https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/what-to-use-for-a-sticker-spreader-with-foliar.61883/
here's Caps link http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...root/foliar-spraying-wetting-agents-t367.html

Seamaiden's convo with KIS Organics
Seamaiden said:
I have a question for you with regard to sticker-spreaders and beneficial microbes used on leaf surfaces. I've used a few drops of Dr. Bronner's soap, or JMS Stylet oil, when foliaring ACT. Am I undoing the work the microbes have just done by growing?
KIS said:
With ACT you don't need anything. The bacteria form natural glues. You're probably fine though.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Last time I did it was straight bennies and water, after letting the talc settle out and skimming off the top. It left powder spots all over and didn't spread as good as I thought it could. I didn't have any problems with my little pump sprayer clogging, the one that has a plunger and is the size of a large softball. Have decided to use a tea from now on. Let the talc settle out in your water (took about 24 hrs), then strain from the top. Then I'll add some EWC's in a paint strainer bag with a touch molasses. The consensus everyone was coming to is that some yucca (as a sticker) to the mix wouldn't hurt the bennies, but isn't necessary, as the bennies brew they produce a "natural glue" and molasses acts as a sticker as well.
here's the thread where we discussed it https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/what-to-use-for-a-sticker-spreader-with-foliar.61883/
here's Caps link http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...root/foliar-spraying-wetting-agents-t367.html

Seamaiden's convo with KIS Organics
Seamaiden said:
I have a question for you with regard to sticker-spreaders and beneficial microbes used on leaf surfaces. I've used a few drops of Dr. Bronner's soap, or JMS Stylet oil, when foliaring ACT. Am I undoing the work the microbes have just done by growing?
KIS said:
With ACT you don't need anything. The bacteria form natural glues. You're probably fine though.

24 hours of letting it settle is far too long and most likely all the spores died being suspended in non aerated water for that long. 3-5 minutes more than enough.

hello so on the packaging for the foliar pack it says to mix like 5 grams per liter if i intend to spray.

is it possible to make a tea and spray that instead. if so how would i filter it enough so as not to clog my spraying cart?

Yes make the tea and spray the shit out of everything. soil surface, leaves, stems etc.

Natural

Natural

24 hours of letting it settle is far too long and most likely all the spores died being suspended in non aerated water for that long. 3-5 minutes more than enough.

Yes make the tea and spray the shit out of everything. soil surface, leaves, stems etc.

ha..died? Interesting..they seemed to work well enough. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom