Can I Start Growing In Colorado?

• Thread starter BlueMonk10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlueMonk10

Why bother moving to Colorado anyways move in the triangle area Mendo, Oakland, Santa cruz, even Redding
Hardly any grow in colorado compares to them trees grows in California

TBH Colorado has a very short grow season and that is what kills them
Holy smokes your profile picture!! Yeah, I dunno, I've just always liked Colorado. Maybe dumb question but if I put up a greenhouse powered by solar and was able to control the climate, I could effectively control the grow season, correct? Are people here growing more indoor or out I wonder? Thanks for the feedback...my friend lives in Santa Cruz, I'll have a look

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Well i think most residents in Colorado would agree there out door plants do not get near the size like they do in cali an reason is only 2 month of growth where
Shit your already there in cali if it was me i be looking for cheap land in the mountains facing the sun :) in the triangle belt

And in a heartbeat

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well i think most residents in Colorado would agree there out door plants do not get near the size like they do in cali an reason is only 2 month of growth where
Shit your already there in cali if it was me i be looking for cheap land in the mountains facing the sun :) in the triangle belt

And in a heartbeat
Cheap land, not in Cali....
2 month grow season in Colorado ?? LOL.
a
Come on residents..
What do you say???

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Holy smokes your profile picture!! Yeah, I dunno, I've just always liked Colorado. Maybe dumb question but if I put up a greenhouse powered by solar and was able to control the climate, I could effectively control the grow season, correct? Are people here growing more indoor or out I wonder? Thanks for the feedback...my friend lives in Santa Cruz, I'll have a look
Solex. GH. Rocks here in Colorado so does outdoor.
Haze1111111111111111111111111111

House of Haze..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Santa Cruz, good luck. The traffic to and from is constant bumper to bumper.
born in cali. Loved it back in the day these day no thanks..
Nothing but endless traffic people everywhere..
I can fish world class water for wild trout see 3 or 4 people all day

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
2 months? That's a new one to me as i look at all my veggies out back still trucking

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Length of visible light today 11 hours 49 mins..
High of 75 low 45 perfect for finish...
Growing season end of may till Nov. Some frosts yes but this year one mild..

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Fuck i just had to look at places for sale going to call on this in morning .
And get some info One of my best friends builds true log cabins and has both citizen ships ,, But need to see if its zoned agricultural or if green houses are allowed 20 acres 10 for growing and another 10 for your back yard
Fuck yeah lol River frontage 200k that is a steal up here not even 1 acre lake or river front is a million

just do not know about the laws when it comes acreages and agricultural
here it needs to be zoned

I'm Canadian going to call in morning get some info

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Not really. Ive seen plenty of plants pretty close to that here in person over the years. I'm not dogging Cali outdoor but monstrous plants grow like that in a lot of places outside of CA.

B

BlueMonk10

Fuck i just had to look at places for sale going to call on this in morning .
And get some info One of my best friends builds true log cabins and has both citizen ships ,, But need to see if its zoned agricultural or if green houses are allowed 20 acres 10 for growing and another 10 for your back yard
Fuck yeah lol River frontage 200k that is a steal up here not even 1 acre lake or river front is a million

just do not know about the laws when it comes acreages and agricultural
here it needs to be zoned

I'm Canadian going to call in morning get some info
Cool thx I hadn't seen this site yet. Had looked at landwatch before

scoop

scoop

To each their own. Life is about far more than growing big pot plants.

Cali is Cali. Colorado is Colorado. I'll take my legal garden over having to lie and get a med card to be semi-legal anyday. Been there, did that. As far as big plants....they look nice....but that ladder shit isn't that much fun. I'm still covering my Cherry Slyder at night and uncovering her in the AM...via a ladder....and I can tell you for sure it is a pain in the ass. LOL.

Next year I'll do smaller plants and will take up the slack of not growing trees by growing more plants. Duh.

As the old saying (still) goes..."Tis a privilege to live in Colorado"

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
To each their own. Life is about far more than growing big pot plants.

Cali is Cali. Colorado is Colorado. I'll take my legal garden over having to lie and get a med card to be semi-legal anyday. Been there, did that. As far as big plants....they look nice....but that ladder shit isn't that much fun. I'm still covering my Cherry Slyder at night and uncovering her in the AM...via a ladder....and I can tell you for sure it is a pain in the ass. LOL.

Next year I'll do smaller plants and will take up the slack of not growing trees by growing more plants. Duh.

As the old saying (still) goes..."Tis a privilege to live in Colorado"

Man o man those last plants put OD in gardenn around July 1st were short, hard as a rock, stout. so easy to trim..Even when planted late thrived for the size they were..

Also pruned all plants up this year at the onset of flower.
Man o man have we got some nice buds and trimming is much easier..
About 1/4 thru. decided not to stress thinking it has to be done NOW!!!
Those hazes are nothing but spectacular...At flower onset lots of tiny dime size fluffy buds. Thought may be skimpy.
Now they have grown into absolute baseball bat size colas and are harding up insanely..
thanks ever so much for sharing, turned out very nice..

Latest posts

Top Bottom