Can I Use Isopropyl For A Topical Spray?

• Thread starter IrieRaye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IrieRaye

I am curious if I can use isopropyl alcohol based tincture, as a spray for back pain. Someone made my mother a spray that she said works, but I used IA and mine has a deep, rich green color unlike her brownish mixture she received. I dont want to give her something that will hurt her skin but I am trying to help her manage her pain without crazy meds from her dr. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you!

MW7945

MW7945

I'd think it'd make the skin extremely dry. I'd think coconut oil would be better for something like that but I'm far from an expert on the subject

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would think iso would evaporate super quick. Bees wax works great. I've been using a 1:1 thc/cbd beeswax (and other oil) infused rub on my knee I had surgery on.

I

IrieRaye

I thought about it being too drying, I wonder if I can give her a good moisturizer to follow to keep it hydrated?

I

IrieRaye

I have some oils making too but this Iso is so dark i figured it is ready to try now. I am going to test it on my skin first but I already made it so know I am trying to decide if I can use as is or if I should do something else with it. I am begining to think the stuff they gave her was just rubbing alcohol.

I

IrieRaye

Has it helped with your knee? I also didn't decarboxylate it cause Im afraid if I get her high she will NEVER trust me to help her again lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not sure irnit works or not.

If you don't decarb, it won't work for rubs or ingestion. Only for smoking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom