Can I Use Margarine Instead Of Butter?

• Thread starter PUN1424EFS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

Hello farmers i was just wondering, can i use margarine for weed butter? Im broke an want to make treats for my freinds and family for x mas thank you

Stalks

Stalks

Technically yes you can use it but the fat content is lower so its ability to absorb thc is less than that of unsalted butter. Do you have any olive oil you could mix with it or just use it instead?

Be careful last time I made canna butter I ended up with $160 worth of someone else's money on the floor lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You apparently haven't read about the benefits of organic dairy products. Gotta be organic, and pastured is the best. ;)

Should i have said Organic olive oil and organic coconut oil ;)

And no i don't buy organic dairy products shits like 3X the price of regular dairy i cant afford it..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Organic un-refined coconut oil to be exact ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Should i have said Organic olive oil and organic coconut oil ;)

And no i don't buy organic dairy products shits like 3X the price of regular dairy i cant afford it..

Organic meat, egg and dairy are increasingly found to be superior, and in fact healthy foods, especially in the context of fats and diseases that we've been taught to associate with things like cancers and heart disease. The real problem? It's not the fats, it's the carbohydrates and the forms of carbohydrates we're consuming.

Foods like organic butter and milk and eggs have now been shown to have the healthiest ratios of important fats like Omega-3 and Omega-6, and those ratios are very important to healthy functions.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Organic meat, egg and dairy are increasingly found to be superior, and in fact healthy foods, especially in the context of fats and diseases that we've been taught to associate with things like cancers and heart disease. The real problem? It's not the fats, it's the carbohydrates and the forms of carbohydrates we're consuming.

Foods like organic butter and milk and eggs have now been shown to have the healthiest ratios of important fats like Omega-3 and Omega-6, and those ratios are very important to healthy functions.

Yeah i was referring to the high % of Saturated fat in coconut and olive oil's :D The ones that help extract the thc off the weed and also help your body to enjoy said edibles :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah i was referring to the high % of Saturated fat in coconut and olive oil's :D The ones that help extract the thc off the weed and also help your body to enjoy said edibles :D
I thought that OO has monounsaturated fats mostly, though. CO is high in saturated fats.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I thought that OO has monounsaturated fats mostly, though. CO is high in saturated fats.

Correct tho can vary brand to brand and EVOO / Ect.. Which is why i mostly suggest to people to use unrefined virgin CO! :D

Palm oil would work too if you for some odd reason don't like the flavor of coconut oil or need a carrier oil to bake with.

Tricarb???

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The temp process in which the thc/and components leave the plant material, maybe im thinking of the wrong process if so i apologize. i thought there was an ideal temp and carboxilate something i read about, shit i apologize i think i confused two different topics. embarrassing. :rolleyes:

Leave the plant material in the sense of being vaporized off?

I think your meaning to Decarboxylation ?

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

:D

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hello farmers i was just wondering, can i use margarine for weed butter? Im broke an want to make treats for my freinds and family for x mas thank you

Yes you can, but as pointed out, margarine is insalubrious compared to some of the alternatives. All the terpenes, including the diterpene cannabinoids are soluble in fats and oils.

Check out the following oils that we've saturated and used. I've also used hempseed oil, but not in the pictured group extraction, because it was rated low from a taste standpoint, by previous volunteer test panels.

My overall favorite from a utility standpoint is virgin unrefined coconut oil, but they are all tasty. We did a butter extraction, but first reduced the butter to ghee or clarified butter.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/extracting-with-oils-and-fats/

Natural

Natural

Yes you can, but as pointed out, margarine is insalubrious compared to some of the alternatives. All the terpenes, including the diterpene cannabinoids are soluble in fats and oils.

Check out the following oils that we've saturated and used. I've also used hempseed oil, but not in the pictured group extraction, because it was rated low from a taste standpoint, by previous volunteer test panels.

My overall favorite from a utility standpoint is virgin unrefined coconut oil, but they are all tasty. We did a butter extraction, but first reduced the butter to ghee or clarified butter.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/extracting-with-oils-and-fats/

@Graywolf ..ahhh there you are are. Been wanting to ask you to do a write up on solvent transfers. Particularly ethanol to glycerols. Would much appreciate it!
edit: for virgin tinc not for ecig.

Graywolf

Graywolf

My experience is that it doesn't work very well, because enough of what is soluble in alcohol, isn't in glycerin, that it leaves behind hard to remove blobs of non solubles behind.

We have been able to suspend winterized BHO Absolutes up to 38% by weight, using an homogenizer, but it won't stay in solution when heated.

A follower suggested adding sucrose esters will remedy that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom