Can someone break down flushing.

• Thread starter Kendallj24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The purpose of flushing is not to remove excess nutes from the plant. There is no such thing as excess nutes in a plant. If it can't eat it, it won't take it up in the first place.
The purpose is to remove salt buildup that can harm the plants.
Commercial plant foods are strong and if you feed on the schedule the company gives with the product, then you will most likely have to flush. They want you to use it all and buy more. You need maybe a 1/4 of the reccomended amount.

Overfeeding only wastes the food. If the plant is full, it can't eat any more.

When you flush organics, you are killing the soil. You are washing all the bacteria, enzymes and other goodies out. That's why you have to keep feeding them.
Quit flushing and wasting your soil. Water to soak and stop.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

The purpose of flushing is not to remove excess nutes from the plant. There is no such thing as excess nutes in a plant. If it can't eat it, it won't take it up in the first place.
The purpose is to remove salt buildup that can harm the plants.
Commercial plant foods are strong and if you feed on the schedule the company gives with the product, then you will most likely have to flush. They want you to use it all and buy more. You need maybe a 1/4 of the reccomended amount.

Overfeeding only wastes the food. If the plant is full, it can't eat any more.

When you flush organics, you are killing the soil. You are washing all the bacteria, enzymes and other goodies out. That's why you have to keep feeding them.
Quit flushing and wasting your soil. Water to soak and stop.
I guess that is where the difference is occurring i consider my "flush" to be a normal watering no additives, just some quality h20 from my well which is surprisingly typically only 52-60 ppm

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How much are you giving it? Is it so much that it overflows or run off? That's too much.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

No more than i give it at any other time of the plants life (I let them tell me when they're thirsty and judge the next feed of off the runoff ppm), I just want the plant to use up its stored nutrients because I was under the impression that was where the harsh taste I would get from stuff I purchased in the past came from

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

after doing tons of research on flushing it has only made me more confused as to no one explained this directly.
Example, I’m growing organically (fox farm soils) and I rarely add any synthetic nutes. Some people say there is no need to flush organically but my big question that I need an answer to is why is that? Like does the plant just know when to stop taking nutrients from the soil knowing it’s life is ending? Because I still have over 1600 ppm left in the soil with less than 2 weeks away from harvest. So obviously it’s still going to be eating nutrients from the soil unless I flush all that out. So what do people mean by not flushing organics?
Strain Hunters use flushing during the grow, not just at the end. After a flush/ and dry out they hit with lots of nutes which the plants were hungry for.

Post 8436 is interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom