Can someone diagnose my Flowering Plant leaves?

• Thread starter healthdude38
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

K like potassium deficiency?

I think that's part of what happens in some cases, when we pound a plant with too many photons. The plant can't move these nutrients fast enough due to such high light intensity. The weakest link is exploited. It's why sometimes light burn expresses itself with the zebra striped magnesium deficiency pattern or a potassium deficiency pattern and so on. I'm not sure how accurate I am in explaining this... it's an observation I have made based on my personal grows and the other grows I have seen.

freezeland2

freezeland2

K like potassium deficiency?

I think that's part of what happens in some cases, when we pound a plant with too many photons. The plant can't move these nutrients fast enough due to such high light intensity. The weakest link is exploited. It's why sometimes light burn expresses itself with the zebra striped magnesium deficiency pattern or a potassium deficiency pattern and so on. I'm not sure how accurate I am in explaining this... it's an observation I have made based on my personal grows and the other grows I have seen.
By what I read through this thread the light is being turned down with no improvement, the op is giving calmag also to no avail, and the plant is getting worse. some of those leafs are looking familiar.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

By what I read through this thread the light is being turned down with no improvement, the op is giving calmag also to no avail, and the plant is getting worse. some of those leafs are looking familiar.
The only thing we don't know about that is when exactly the light got turned down and how much damage was already done. However, I concur, your theory is worth looking into and probably part of the puzzle. I'm just not sure how much change it will make this late in the grow.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

My thinking is that the four main factors of plant growth must be proportionate to each other and each at a proper level for the rate of plant growth. These factors are 1) Light, 2) Temperature, 3) Water and humidity, and 4) Nutrition.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My thinking is that the four main factors of plant growth must be proportionate to each other and each at a proper level for the rate of plant growth. These factors are 1) Light, 2) Temperature, 3) Water and humidity, and 4) Nutrition.
Exactly.

We know that ratios are critical in growing cannabis. All things can be present but if one part is out of balance with the rest of the ratios, it becomes the weakest link in the chain. For example, Ca locking out K because too much of it is present and inhibits the uptake of k.

deerman12

deerman12

I burned the shit out of my tallest plant. It looked similar to this. I bought a new Viparspectra 2500HS in 32x32x63 tent. 15 inches at 75% for 24 hours did this to the largest fan leaves. I turned it down to 50% raised the light to 20 inches. My plant is a Do Si Dos, autoflower at 8 weeks today. It looks like it will be ok, I hope.🤞

Mothman

Mothman

I think it’s only been like a day or two since the thread started. Give it a few more days and watch the new growth for improvement, not the burnt leaves. Those leaves are history.

H

healthdude38

Well I only lowered the light 2 days ago, and calmag was only given today because it seems they have a calcium deficiency.. but what do I know, im just trying to save the plant, or at least stop it from getting worse..

For now I raised the light, turned it down to 700w ( I'm thinking about turning it to 500w tomorrow) and I gave it some Cal-mag.

The ph was in range, tomorrow I will check again and report back.. Is there anything else I should do?

Also, this is the tallest plant and the closest to the light, the other ones are not showing such symptoms, only nutrient burn

H

healthdude38

I think it’s only been like a day or two since the thread started. Give it a few more days and watch the new growth for improvement, not the burnt leaves. Those leaves are history.
Should I remove them?

Also the browning Is starting to get to the smaller leaves on the buds already

freezeland2

freezeland2

Well I only lowered the light 2 days ago, and calmag was only given today because it seems they have a calcium deficiency.. but what do I know, im just trying to save the plant, or at least stop it from getting worse..

For now I raised the light, turned it down to 700w ( I'm thinking about turning it to 500w tomorrow) and I gave it some Cal-mag.

The ph was in range, tomorrow I will check again and report back.. Is there anything else I should do?

Also, this is the tallest plant and the closest to the light, the other ones are not showing such symptoms, only nutrient burn
Ok, well hopefully it stops getting worse.

H

healthdude38

Of course they are history and there won’t be any new growth since it’s at least mid way through flower.
Do you mean there won't be any new growth in the sense that the plants won't keep developing the buds?

I mean what other kind of growth should happen by the end of week 7 flower anyways?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Flowering means the plants emphasize reproduction, that is, growing buds. For the plant, it's a different stage of life than vegetation.
It will still throw out some new pistils but production of those little flowers the cluster up to make your buds is slowing way down. senescence is the next stage ... and it does look like its beginning to occur. Just the burnt area is unrelated. It's toast ... too many photons and she crashed and burned in those areas.

H

healthdude38

Ok so i just went in the grow room and measured m the ppfd. I turned the light to 1000w to see what the ppfd would be and it was showing 1700. This is double than what it should be and the lamp is higher now then it was 3 days ago so i definitely was burning the plants with light.

I turned the lamp to 600w and the ppfd is around 620-800 now

The ph is still good today( maybe cal/mag stabilized it?)

Im finding weird that the plants are being flushed for more than a week now but i still dont see any yellowing of the leaves.. they also seem to be drinking less but maybe thats because of humidity? The weather has been getting hot where i am and the humidity in the grow room dropped in the last week from 50ish to 38 as of todays readings..

20230519 102305
20230519 102316
20230519 102322

H

healthdude38

Ok guys, it looks like the plants are doing better now, now I see pistills turning yellow and orange again whereas before they looked kinda stunt for a week.

Now I was looking at a bud and something was off, the color and stuff so I checked it and opened up the bud, and hell it was bud rot!

This is going from bad to worse, I have a fan blowing directly at these buds, the humidity is at 38% wich I think its too low(VPD is wrong),
So how could this be happening?

I checked all the surrounding buds and also on other plants and didnt find anymore rot damaged buds, but the canopy is thick and I can't check the lower buds that are in the back..

I'm afraid of losing the plants to mold, this happened to me 2x already, but those times I had bad airflow in the room..

What can I do now? I turned on a dehumidifier in the room..

20230520 174921
20230520 174910

Latest posts

Top Bottom