Can someone identify this deficiency?

• Thread starter shadyvice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shadyvice

Can someone identify what this deficiency is? It started a while ago. Yellowing in the top growth that’s slowly spread down. I was feeding them nitrogen up until I noticed the problem. I’ve since given them epsom salt (1tbl per gallon) bc I thought it was either Mg or Sulfur. I know the ph for the soil is ok…it ranges around 6.6-6.8ph. Water I use is boiled and ph’d to 6.7 ph. Not really seeing the effects of anything I’ve done. I don’t really have a clue what to do.

Can someone identify this deficiency
Can someone identify this deficiency 2
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

https://howtogrowinvalid.com/marijuana-symptoms/#Molybdenum_Deficiency

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Can someone identify what this deficiency is? It started a while ago. Yellowing in the top growth that’s slowly spread down. I was feeding them nitrogen up until I noticed the problem. I’ve since given them epsom salt (1tbl per gallon) bc I thought it was either Mg or Sulfur. I know the ph for the soil is ok…it ranges around 6.6-6.8ph. Water I use is boiled and ph’d to 6.7 ph. Not really seeing the effects of anything I’ve done. I don’t really have a clue what to do.
what nutrients are you using and how much? what kind of media exactly? how many days between waterings ? they look hungry overall.
and yes i agree it looks like Molybdenum deficiency/lockout, witch is pretty rare using a good balanced nutrient.
and also agree they need a transplant for a bigger pot.

62f is the normal average temperature there? its pretty cold for roots that could also be causing you uptake problems.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I'm guessing between nitro deficiency still or Iron

S

shadyvice

what nutrients are you using and how much? what kind of media exactly? how many days between waterings ? they look hungry overall.
and yes i agree it looks like Molybdenum deficiency/lockout, witch is pretty rare using a good balanced nutrient.
and also agree they need a transplant for a bigger pot.

62f is the normal average temperature there? its pretty cold for roots that could also be causing you uptake problems.
To start feeding I gave it superthrive foliage pro 6-3-9 NPK once at a half dose (1/8 teaspoon per gallon) then a full dose two weeks later. Also mixed in some molasses and seaweed to help the soil. Noticed the issue not long after thy second feeding. Didn’t alarm me to be a N-P-K deficiency bc the issue was up top and not the bottom. Have since stopped feeding and just been giving water and epsom salt. I also tried lowering my PH to 6.3-6.5 to see if that changes anything. The soil potting mix and manure all mixed together.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

To start feeding I gave it superthrive foliage pro 6-3-9 NPK once at a half dose (1/8 teaspoon per gallon) then a full dose two weeks later. Also mixed in some molasses and seaweed to help the soil. Noticed the issue not long after thy second feeding. Didn’t alarm me to be a N-P-K deficiency bc the issue was up top and not the bottom. Have since stopped feeding and just been giving water and epsom salt. I also tried lowering my PH to 6.3-6.5 to see if that changes anything. The soil potting mix and manure all mixed together.
start feeding half strength a balanced nutrients (with all the micro nutrients included).
and try to maintain your air temperature at canopy around 27.5c/82f
when watering/feeding saturate all the media.. than let it dryback to half the saturated pot weight to water/feed again.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Seaweed is a broad spectrum micro and macro nutrient with little nitrogen.
Molasses is also a broad spectrum micro and macro nutrient with little nitrogen.
Both provide plenty of available Calcium and Magnesium for your plant
So your soil available mineral content should not be an issue. Don't give it any more of these for now.
No more Epsom Salts.

Keep in mind that these minerals are very water soluble, if you over water you flush them out the bottom of the pot!
Try not to!

Your plant simply looks hungry for nitrogen.
I'd say mix up a bucket of Super Thrive and feed it 1/2 strength every other watering for the next 30 days.
Water the plant well. Slowly dribble or use a garden sprayer water into the pot so the medium has time to soak up the solution.

The next day stick a finger at least an inch deep into the medium. If it feels wet or damp check every day until it feels quite dry down deep in the pot. This lets the pot oxygenate. It is very important that you let the pot dry out almost to the point of plant wilting before you water again.

Only when the medium is dry deep in the pot, deep water again with a sprayer. This could take 4 or 5 days be patient and let the pant do it's thing.
I think if you just relax and feed her she will green right up but it's going to take a couple of weeks being fed properly. It won't happen over night.

hillbil

hillbil

Top leaves and growing points yellowing, makes me think the problem isn’t lack of N. Might be short on Micros and Sulfur.

K

Kamisama

I see some different colour on lower leaves too.
Mobile nutrients - N, P, K, Mg (symptoms from bottom to top, from old to new leaves)
Imobile nutrients - Ca, S and micro (symptoms from top to bottom, from new to old leaves)

Maybe try kelp or fish shit, that has plenty of secondary, micro, enzymes etc. (foliar too before preflower)
or epsom salt for Mg, S

These leaves will not magically become greener but point is to prevent spreading.

Doesnt some of your old leaves looks kind of blueish? Thats phosphorus defficiency

K

Kamisama

This is your PH range in soil, right? Just iron, molybdenumand magnesium has harder absorbtion.

Screenshot 7

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking at these leaves in the lower right I’m seeing mag def, very odd as this is also the first grow I’ve ever had mag def in veg but I know @Captspaulding had the same mag def in the same strain at the same time as me wanna take a peek @Captspaulding

IMG 9105
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Indeed, that’s mag. Just dealt with it on 2 plants same times as @Mikedin same strain. Wild. Indeed, I just cranked up my salts to a tablespoon a gallon for a couple feeds. It happens.

M

marcsammo

I'm having the same problem. But I haven't been feeding mine. I read that cal_ mag would fix your plants. I ordered some today and will try it as soon as it arrives. Good luck

tomjhannon

tomjhannon

Top Bottom