Can Someone Please Help.

• Thread starter Ameadows92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm not a pro but somewhere in the 70s I think would be ideal. I understand how hard that can be to achieve in these climates we live in. CONSISTENCY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT. a hot spiked can make you go downhill quick. So if you are putting Frozen bottles in your Reservoir that means you have to be all over it constantly because one slip-up of a temperature soar and you're in trouble again not to mention that will give you fluctuations that your plant will not like. There are really only two options in my opinion. Either time your grow with the cooler seasons where you can gain complete control. Or invest in some type of thermostatic controlled water cooling system. It sounds extreme but we live in extreme conditions and if you cannot control those Temps it can be disastrous. I really can't emphasize enough how crucial those temperatures are my friend. Hopefully MRmcskunkins will chime in on this he is very knowledgeable with Hydroponics.

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You can do it by controlling the temperature of your room as well as long as you can keep it consistent and check your water with a good thermometer.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Cooler temps help dont get me wrong. But I disagree on them being crucial. As far as stable I agree. But long and you have circulation of the water and hydroguard you can have great results. Without spending a lot on the chiller then pay to run it and deal with the hot air it produces. Keeping room temps down is the best option dollar for dollar.
Again im not saying you wont have higher d/o numbers with cooler temps but that doesn't mean its a silver bullet. I've never ran a chiller and always produced.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Cooler temps help dont get me wrong. But I disagree on them being crucial. As far as stable I agree. But long and you have circulation of the water and hydroguard you can have great results. Without spending a lot on the chiller then pay to run it and deal with the hot air it produces. Keeping room temps down is the best option dollar for dollar.
Again im not saying you wont have higher d/o numbers with cooler temps but that doesn't mean its a silver bullet. I've never ran a chiller and always produced.
Agreed room temperature would be the best way to go. I guess all I was trying to get across is that we are living in a scorching desert and even though our homes have air conditioning you could walk away from your room for only a couple hours with the lights on and your room could soar to over a hundred degrees and without a record keeping thermometer you may never know.

A

Ameadows92

I will deff keep up with the temp change and hydroguard and update you guys in the next few day after I see if I can get them back the the pearly color they started as.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Idk how many buckets you're running. But a 80w air pump will run about 4 buckets just fine. And run like 65 bucks last time I checked. My bigger pumps run quieter also.

A

Ameadows92

Idk how many buckets you're running. But a 80w air pump will run about 4 buckets just fine. And run like 65 bucks last time I checked. My bigger pumps run quieter also.
only one, but my whisper is used, thats probably the reason its not doing what it should be doing. Im defiantly going to spend a few bucks on thursday and grab a few vital things

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Then like a 35w would work great. But the bigger the quieter and also room to expand if you wanna

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Check prices. Cause the 50w may be just like $5 more. I know those pumps are priced like that

A

Ameadows92

Check prices. Cause the 50w may be just like $5 more. I know those pumps are priced like that
i just got a big aqua active and the roots are already getting whiter aftetr 5 hours, ill post a pic of the roots in the nxt 3 days or so so you can see, i think that was the issue

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Water pump? They work too but produce heat if you have it in the same bucket. I may not have been clear on the air pump part because they are measured in gallon per hr. Or ltr per min

A

Ameadows92

Water pump? They work too but produce heat if you have it in the same bucket. I may not have been clear on the air pump part because they are measured in gallon per hr. Or ltr per min
im sorry i didnt mean to say water pump, its a air pump, its 2.319 psi and says it pumps 15 liters of air per min

A

Ameadows92

IMG 2965
IMG 2968
That's around 225gph it'll definitely help. But more never hurt.
This is an update, it is helping and so is the hydroguard. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect nutes for it ( I think it might burn so easy as well because of the fact it was an immature seed and idk if it's a boy or girl but good vibes) I lolipopped the bottom 2 sets but kinda scared to do more.

IMG 2966
J

JustCarl

I would take it easy on the nutes for a few days.
I wouldn't have used Hydroguard though.
With plenty of Oxygen and lower temps it should work though, just take a little longer. I prefer to use something that has Trichoderma in it besides the Myco's Genius. Trichoderma actually kills Pythium and several other common root infections. Great White has it, but i buy cheaper stuff on Ebay.
In DWC Hydro, wanting to keep a lower water temp is for 2 reasons. First, root pathogens have a hard time taking over. And and higher temps such as 80 and up, the water won't hold as much oxygen. Even if you have 4 or five air pumps. Pythium for one, thrives in low oxygen.
Once the infection is gone and you have good bennies on your roots, the water temp isn't that big of a thing anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom