Can someone recommend a trustworthy humidifier

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I’m trying to get my dry closet good, my temp is at 60 but the humidity is at 40% . Every humidifier I have looked at online all the reviews mainly say they clunk out at like the 3 months to a year, obviously I don’t need it that long (for drying) but would be nice if it wasn’t trash lmfao 🤣 I’m probably expecting too much huh

DanC520

DanC520

Tbh. The lil crane one has done all I’ve ever needed. I have a much bigger 2 gal one, but rarely actually needed. I’ve had for a year. I broke the res, rolled off counter-user error, and ordered a replacement at some point. Can order parts directly from crane.

2Bad

2Bad

Tbh. The lil crane one has done all I’ve ever needed. I have a much bigger 2 gal one, but rarely actually needed. I’ve had for a year. I broke the res, rolled off counter-user error, and ordered a replacement at some point. Can order parts directly from crane.

How do I keep from getting mold from using this , sadly I don’t have a tent/room. So there’s rug floor everywhere that I have space

DanC520

DanC520

How do I keep from getting mold from using this , sadly I don’t have a tent/room. So there’s rug floor everywhere that I have space
I’d lay something over rug. A rubber mat. But it has a dial anc can run pretty low.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’m trying to get my dry closet good, my temp is at 60 but the humidity is at 40% . Every humidifier I have looked at online all the reviews mainly say they clunk out at like the 3 months to a year, obviously I don’t need it that long (for drying) but would be nice if it wasn’t trash lmfao 🤣 I’m probably expecting too much huh
I went though a bunch of humidifiers before I started using water with zero PPM.... I have to buy it otherwise the minerals build (impossible to clean ) up inside and algae attaches to the minerals, within weeks green water......and that's not good....

2Bad

2Bad

Thanks growmies I’ll think about it more tom I’ll def lay a plastic tarp on the ground incase , I seen someone wrap a tarp around their buds leaving top and bottom open maybe that increases humidity

Chem77

Chem77

Myself would never put a humidifier in a tent to dry bud.
When it’s too dry here, 30%- 40% in the winter, I dry for couple days for it to crisp up then put it in brown paper grocery bags and fold the top. Works perfect, might take another week in the bags. Obviously checking regularly.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Myself would never put a humidifier in a tent to dry bud.
When it’s too dry here, 30%- 40% in the winter, I dry for couple days for it to crisp up then put it in brown paper grocery bags and fold the top. Works perfect, might take another week in the bags. Obviously checking regularly.
I use a humidifier in my drying room....It dries too fast otherwise. I set it to 55%, some like it higher, I've been led to believe 62% is optimal @62*f.....the buds feel too damp over 60% to me and I worry about mold but 55% @ 68f dries them in 5-6 days...I'd like it cooler but my wife won't let me turn down the house heat to 62*f....lol.....I have to add a couple of fresh leaves to my jars to add a bit of moisture back because they dry too quick and the buds turn to powder when busting up for a joint. A leaf to the jar and buds moisten perfectly.

Chem77

Chem77

I use a humidifier in my drying room....It dries too fast otherwise. I set it to 55%, some like it higher, I've been led to believe 62% is optimal @62*f.....the buds feel too damp over 60% to me and I worry about mold but 55% @ 68f dries them in 5-6 days...I'd like it cooler but my wife won't let me turn down the house heat to 62*f....lol.....I have to add a couple of fresh leaves to my jars to add a bit of moisture back because they dry too quick and the buds turn to powder when busting up for a joint. A leaf to the jar and buds moisten perfectly.
I would feel safer in a large area.

visajoe1

visajoe1

I use this, model MA0800, various brands. 4x4 tent in a room

thcoso

thcoso

I harvested 2 headhunters last night. They wi spend the next 5-10 days in a 50-55% environment between 50-65 degrees with constant new air from my flower tent via 4” duct. Then into 1 gallon jars with humidity packs and multiple RH meters to guide the next 2-4 weeks. At week 5 from harvest, in to to freezer until time to consume.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Homedics humidifiers have been sufficient for me. Misting types are better at raising rh and keeping it up at acceptable levels then wick types IMO. Lowes carry’s Homedics humidifier’s.

2Bad

2Bad

Homedics humidifiers have been sufficient for me. Misting types are better at raising rh and keeping it up at acceptable levels then wick types IMO. Lowes carry’s Homedics humidifier’s.
Which one do you have and do you do the whole room or just the tent? The one I got after this post is the aircare in the picture it's super powerful I control the whole room

freezeland2

freezeland2

Set it on a shoe tray and run an occillating fan to circulate the humidified air.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Which one do you have and do you do the whole room or just the tent? The one I got after this post is the aircare in the picture it's super powerful I control the whole room
I have two. The large one is in a room that’s 15x15 with a 3x3 tent in. Humidifier is on the other opposite side of room from the tent. Tent rh is at 64% right now the rest of the house is around 30%. My other homedics mister is in a 4x8 room. It’s maintaining 58% with some plants in veg. I could raise the rh in there more if needed using that mister.
The big mister is a couple gallons and has two tanks. The smaller is about a gallon and a half. Both will run for 12hr + between fills. They are a little pricey though but they do the job.

2Bad

2Bad

I have two. The large one is in a room that’s 15x15 with a 3x3 tent in. Humidifier is on the other opposite side of room from the tent. Tent rh is at 64% right now the rest of the house is around 30%. My other homedics mister is in a 4x8 room. It’s maintaining 58% with some plants in veg. I could raise the rh in there more if needed using that mister.
The big mister is a couple gallons and has two tanks. The smaller is about a gallon and a half. Both will run for 12hr + between fills. They are a little pricey though but they do the job.
Ty for laying it out for me . Im going to stick with the aircare for now cus i've already returned this "equate" brand one and a "midea" just glad to have my humidity up from 30% my clones weren't happy lol

visajoe1

visajoe1

I got this one! How do you maintain yours/how often do you change your wick and how do you know?
the wick lasts about 60 days or so depending on usage and water quality, you'll know when its time because its doesnt raise RH much anymore and its caked with minerals. when i change the wick i scrub the tub with vinegar and rinse with water. after each grow i clean the top and fan blades; a pressure sprayer outside makes this easier. just let it dry for a couple days before using again.

mcsholdings

mcsholdings

I ended up purchasing (2) of the Levoit 300S w/6L Capacity units. After the first I immediately purchased another for the house, which now ended up in Green Room too. So I'd say they are worth a try about $80 on AMZ. I'm very knew to growing and thats where this unit helps someone like me. Its WiFi and works w/Alexa. What I like about this it is that its web based. I can actually turn on/off set levels, timers, auto, small light, sleep mode etc from anywhere in the world. This helps me keep the climate under control even when away from home. Which I've had some crazy temp swings between day and night with my new 4x8'. This coupled with a cheap Govee WiFi thermometer/hygrometers and an AC Infinity Wireless Fan Controllers allows me what I would say a very interactive experience as the graphic user interface of these apps are pretty good these days, better then sitting in front of the units or controllers and adjusting ea. manually. Plus the fact that I have several tents, all with separate thermometers/hygrometers and Fan Controllers and the humidifiers its nice to be able to look at each very quickly without having to move about in a room or between tents. Just my 2 cents and a bit of a ramble!

Levoit 300s

Latest posts

Top Bottom