Can someone recommend a trustworthy humidifier

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I ended up purchasing (2) of the Levoit 300S w/6L Capacity units. After the first I immediately purchased another for the house, which now ended up in Green Room too. So I'd say they are worth a try about $80 on AMZ. I'm very knew to growing and thats where this unit helps someone like me. Its WiFi and works w/Alexa. What I like about this it is that its web based. I can actually turn on/off set levels, timers, auto, small light, sleep mode etc from anywhere in the world. This helps me keep the climate under control even when away from home. Which I've had some crazy temp swings between day and night with my new 4x8'. This coupled with a cheap Govee WiFi thermometer/hygrometers and an AC Infinity Wireless Fan Controllers allows me what I would say a very interactive experience as the graphic user interface of these apps are pretty good these days, better then sitting in front of the units or controllers and adjusting ea. manually. Plus the fact that I have several tents, all with separate thermometers/hygrometers and Fan Controllers and the humidifiers its nice to be able to look at each very quickly without having to move about in a room or between tents. Just my 2 cents and a bit of a ramble!
I've been through a bunch of humidifiers before I caught on to using RO water with " 0 " ppm....its costing me $6/ wk for 16 gallons. I have a Levoit 1 gallon going through 1.5 gal/day right now..I have a large airoponics ? 3 gallon wick type going through 1 gallon / day and 2 misters 1 vicks large noisy that sprays out a large chunk cool mist( for days I'm desperate for humidity and a small 1 quart mister I use for added moisture in the flower room.

They all cost me less than $10 each at a second hand store I frequent ( Value Village) You just have to check if they've been used or if they are eazily cleanable.

RO water or water without minerals. Minerals deposit themselves in your humidifier that attract algae, your water turns green and slime develops. It is impossible to clean, no vinegar, CLR or anything else I've found will get that sht out of the machine....= dead machine buy another...

2Bad

2Bad

@visajoe1 thanks my guy I appreciate it. Do you get cheaper wicks or brand named? I love the humidifier haha I got to get me some back up wicks!
And as for @mcsholdings @PipeCarver thanks you guys ! I appreciate it sadly I have the aircare one! sorry about that..Maybe someone in the future will read your comments and your words will help them I think it will..

Anthem

Anthem

Why have these fallen out of use?

2Bad

2Bad

Why have these fallen out of use?
I found out Ultrasonic mist and hard water makes for toxic breathing environment. And I run tapp

Anthem

Anthem

I found out Ultrasonic mist and hard water makes for toxic breathing environment. And I run tapp
I just check on it and it sounds like what they are trying to say is that small particulates are carried by the water into the air and the water evaporates leaving the small particulates in the air. How is this any different than any other humidifier? They all spew the same thing out into the air.
and than I see this
This is just the new way the world works. None of them are really good unless I am missing something.
The knuckle head in the first link I found some dude from a university in Canada tried to say the particulates are too small to be filtered. Well than how the Fuc_ do they filter waste water and the guy drinks it on TV or how do they get RO water down to a PPM of 0. Like mentioned they are just saying BS

2Bad

2Bad

I just check on it and it sounds like what they are trying to say is that small particulates are carried by the water into the air and the water evaporates leaving the small particulates in the air. How is this any different than any other humidifier? They all spew the same thing out into the air.
and than I see this
This is just the new way the world works. None of them are really good unless I am missing something.
The knuckle head in the first link I found some dude from a university in Canada tried to say the particulates are too small to be filtered. Well than how the Fuc_ do they filter waste water and the guy drinks it on TV or how do they get RO water down to a PPM of 0. Like mentioned they are just saying BS
Evaporative humidifiers have a wick and the fan just speeds up evaporation and makes the room humid. Im sure its still polluting my air just less(high hopes lmao)

Edit: im not smart so im not trying. I already have the humidifier anyways so im all set

visajoe1

visajoe1

@visajoe1 thanks my guy I appreciate it. Do you get cheaper wicks or brand named? I love the humidifier haha I got to get me some back up wicks!
And as for @mcsholdings @PipeCarver thanks you guys ! I appreciate it sadly I have the aircare one! sorry about that..Maybe someone in the future will read your comments and your words will help them I think it will..
aircare is good, but expensive, about $20 now. can get a generic 10 pack on ebay for about $50. search MAF2 filter

Mothman

Mothman

Homedics humidifiers have been sufficient for me. Misting types are better at raising rh and keeping it up at acceptable levels then wick types IMO. Lowes carry’s Homedics humidifier’s.
I also bought a homedics, at Costco when my 20+ year old Sunbeam ultrasonic kicked the bucket. It’s nice but a little pricey. I think it was around $80 or so. 2 gallons and it reminds you when it’s time to clean it. Easy 10 minute job to clean it, too. https://www.costco.com/homedics-tot...r-with-uv-c-technology.product.100779261.html
D79748A1 7264 4A7A 863E C6A4CA35CA33

Mothman

Mothman

I've been through a bunch of humidifiers before I caught on to using RO water with " 0 " ppm....its costing me $6/ wk for 16 gallons. I have a Levoit 1 gallon going through 1.5 gal/day right now..I have a large airoponics ? 3 gallon wick type going through 1 gallon / day and 2 misters 1 vicks large noisy that sprays out a large chunk cool mist( for days I'm desperate for humidity and a small 1 quart mister I use for added moisture in the flower room.

They all cost me less than $10 each at a second hand store I frequent ( Value Village) You just have to check if they've been used or if they are eazily cleanable.

RO water or water without minerals. Minerals deposit themselves in your humidifier that attract algae, your water turns green and slime develops. It is impossible to clean, no vinegar, CLR or anything else I've found will get that sht out of the machine....= dead machine buy another...
Ditto on the RO water. My homedics manual encourages use of tap water but I know RO is a small price to pay for easy cleaning.

Top Bottom