Can someone tell me about this drooping?

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Ok, Aquaman. I need your superhero help here. Or from any of the other superheroes on this board.

They definitely look a little yellow to me.

20191106 184718

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, Aquaman. I need your superhero help here. Or from any of the other superheroes on this board.

They definitely look a little yellow to me.

View attachment 907744
Time to transplant and they a bit hungry. Lol I'm no super hero I didn't know about aqua man until the movie. I chose the name because I have a love of aquatics. I felt like an idiot when I found out my name is a super hero. Even my wife knew when I told her 😕😕😕 never was a super hero fan. Probably the only person alive that hates batman movies. I did like rocket Robinhood and buck Rogers though lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Haha!

Hey, they're not definitely looking like they need some nitrogen. I topped stressed some good EWC with less effect than I thought after two and a half days. Would it be out of the question to feed a little nutes ( have some Canna and GH left over) before they're transplanted into the emended soil? I'm guessing that's going to happen in a week or so.

Or should I top dress with some of the soil that's cookin? It's been about 3 weeks at least.

I'm at work and don't have pics. I'll do that later.

Organic inputs even fast break down like ewc take a week or two to show any effect.

Even chemical salt fertilizer takes a few days to see anything happen.

The immediete greening we see is mostly from soluble iron. I think thats why cal mag plus is so popular. The chelated iron greens things up right away.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Organic inputs even fast break down like ewc take a week or two to show any effect.

Even chemical salt fertilizer takes a few days to see anything happen.

The immediete greening we see is mostly from soluble iron. I think thats why cal mag plus is so popular. The chelated iron greens things up right away.
I definitely see the swelling but doesn't look to bad. I didn't know he was feeding organic 😞. And your right over watered plants are gonna take up nutrients. My concern would be the Ewc I don't think they are gonna get the job done here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I definitely see the swelling but doesn't look to bad. I didn't know he was feeding organic 😞. And your right over watered plants are gonna take up nutrients. My concern would be the Ewc I don't think they are gonna get the job done here.

I find they hold more water.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Ok, good stuff. Thanks guys.

Yeah, hopefully I'm be good until Sunday as that's the only time I'll be able to do it. They looked a little better this morning, but still off.

The good news is they look better than my last run at this point, so there's hope. Of course, the big difference is soil compared to coco last time. The quick fix is pretty much a foregone idea at this point.

I'll figure this out with all the info I get here. I really appreciate it. Updates to come....

Oh, and I remember the TV show Aquaman when I was a kid and used to swim like him when I was 12. It wasn't easy saving lives like that. And it's even harder realizing how old I really am.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Holy crap. I had a chance to transplant tonight. I'm starting to think part of the problem was is they were rootbound in those little cups and I can kick myself for it. I've grown my fair share of other plants over the decades and I don't think cannabis is any different. Those routes were wrapped up tight in the shape of a cup but still white and healthy-looking. I was so alarmed I didn't even take any pictures and I also forgot to number them like a freaking knucklehead.

Updates to come in 2 or 3 days to see how they progress.

PS- if none of what I said makes any sense it's because I've had two beers and a bunch of gummies and I'm using voice text. Haha!!!

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Small update. Topped last night as they looked healthy enough to my eyes. Looking better everyday.

I do have a slight concerned about nitrogen but I think I'm fine. I'm researching inappropriate foliar spray, so if anyone reading this can give me the heads up on anything that would be awesome.
20191112 1524042

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

... If anyone has thoughts on when I should move them to the finishing pots (fabric) I'm so ears.

they were transplanted from the Solo cups into the current containers on Friday. I'm thinking about a week or so?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

... If anyone has thoughts on when I should move them to the finishing pots (fabric) I'm so ears.

they were transplanted from the Solo cups into the current containers on Friday. I'm thinking about a week or so?
Not really a soil guy but if you have good drainage I don't see why they couldn't go right into the end pots. But if the drainage is lesser than I would wait for some experienced opinions.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

How big are the final containers? I'd go straight into them personally, just go easy on the watering for the first week, dont fully saturate the pot right away. I water a little bit around the plant when I transplant, Then a few days later a little around the outside of the pot. After a week I'll fully saturate the pot. Check out the veg growth on my last crop in my grow diary.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How big are the final containers? I'd go straight into them personally, just go easy on the watering for the first week, dont fully saturate the pot right away. I water a little bit around the plant when I transplant, Then a few days later a little around the outside of the pot. After a week I'll fully saturate the pot. Check out the veg growth on my last crop in my grow diary.

Nevermind, I see I read your post wrong lol. I'd give the plants a good 2 weeks or so before trying to transplant them again.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'm on the right track. All so helpful.

Also, thanks for the tip on the specifics of where to water and when after a transplant. That makes perfect sense.

Dirtbag and Aquaman: Always with sound advice.

Oh. They're going in 5 gallon fabric pots. My plan is only keeping two of them and I didn't mix up enough soil for 3 even though I would consider keeping that third one. But if I really want to have 3 in that small space, I should probably do 3, 3 gallon fabric pots. Maybe I'll have enough for the two 5's and the weaker one will go into the three. The things I obsess about....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'm on the right track. All so helpful.

Also, thanks for the tip on the specifics of where to water and when after a transplant. That makes perfect sense.

Dirtbag and Aquaman: Always with sound advice.

Oh. They're going in 5 gallon fabric pots. My plan is only keeping two of them and I didn't mix up enough soil for 3 even though I would consider keeping that third one. But if I really want to have 3 in that small space, I should probably do 3, 3 gallon fabric pots. Maybe I'll have enough for the two 5's and the weaker one will go into the three. The things I obsess about....
Gonna depend on how big your growing them. You can get away will smaller pots in coco. Not so sure about soil if getting root bound may be an issue but like I say will depend how big these girls are gonna get.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I transplant when the plant gets 2/3 larger than the pot or if it shows deficiencies. Takes 2-3 weeks depending under t-5’s.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It may have gone fast but yield would be higher with proper root balls from transplanting in my opinion.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In a plastic pot I agree, but fabric I'd go straight into final container. The root ball forms much differently in fabric.

I was not a fan of those for my perpetual. My old caregiver uses them. Floppy dirty mess and dry unevenly indoors in my opinion.

You sure made them work.

Top Bottom