Can someone tell me if this is a concern.

• Thread starter Peppie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peppie

Peppie

To me it looks like bug damage, tho I'd expect to see more dead leaves by now?? If it's on different strains would recheck for bugs
I checked for bugs. There was never no leaf damage at all. But it's ok now I have already harvested said plants and its curing. I used a microscope to check for hugs. The leaves were just coated with them. They turned out to be just sugary sugar leaves.

Peppie

Peppie

I checked for bugs. There was never no leaf damage at all. But it's ok now I have already harvested said plants and its curing. I used a microscope to check for hugs. The leaves were just coated with them. They turned out to be just sugary sugar leaves.
I took a leaf sample to the hydro store and they also examined it and said the plants produced more trichomes which was due to me purposely stressing them with low temps at night from 67 to 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Just disinfected the entire tent anyway. Thanks

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I took a leaf sample to the hydro store and they also examined it and said the plants produced more trichomes which was due to me purposely stressing them with low temps at night from 67 to 69 degrees Fahrenheit. Just disinfected the entire tent anyway. Thanks
If the guy at the hydro store told you that, then you might want to check out a different Hydro Store next time? Don't know what it was but it wasn't caused by those temperatures you've quoted above. Glad it worked out for you, good luck

Peppie

Peppie

If the guy at the hydro store told you that, then you might want to check out a different Hydro Store next time? Don't know what it was but it wasn't caused by those temperatures you've quoted above. Glad it worked out for you, good luck
Hey I'm looking again and he was wrong there are bugs in there. After your post I looked at my 2 week auto flower and noticed the same thing. Keep in mind this is a new run. I cut the others last week.
Well I used organic soil the last time as well as this time and i seen something moving under the scope. Please tell me what the hell this is

20191119 035328
20191119 035337
20191119 035349
20191119 035435
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey I'm looking again and he was wrong there are bugs in there. After your post I looked at my 2 week auto flower and noticed the same thing. Keep in mind this is a new run. I cut the others last week.
Well I used organic soil the last time as well as this time and i seen something moving under the scope. Please tell me what the hell this is
I know it brother and I was trying to tell you that, been there my friend.

I'm not sure what they are right now but I'm going to have coffee within the next hour or so and I'll take another look once I'm awake and can focus my eyes

I don't remember if you're in veg or bloom but if you're in veg or early bloom spray the neem oil you have on hand, it's better than nothing and we'll get you hooked up a little later. But don't spray neem oil on buds that are more than two or three weeks into bloom

Peppie

Peppie

I know it brother and I was trying to tell you that, been there my friend.

I'm not sure what they are right now but I'm going to have coffee within the next hour or so and I'll take another look once I'm awake and can focus my eyes

I don't remember if you're in veg or bloom but if you're in veg or early bloom spray the neem oil you have on hand, it's better than nothing and we'll get you hooked up a little later
The first time I was in late bloom them plants are gone I'm now in veg with 6 new plants and the autoflower is where I just seen them. It's not even 6 inches tall yet. Dang. I'm also getting some coffee and smoke a bone while I wait on your response. I ran out of neem oil but can grab some when the stores open

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The first time I was in late bloom them plants are gone I'm now in veg with 6 new plants and the autoflower is where I just seen them. It's not even 6 inches tall yet. Dang. I'm also getting some coffee and smoke a bone while I wait on your response. I ran out of neem oil but can grab some when the stores open
you're going to need something stronger than neem oil hold on and somebody will be able to tell you better what to use better than neem, but you're going to need 2 extremely strong chemical products and you're going to have to alternate them because if you use just one the mites will quickly adapt and it will not kill them ..if it is mites that is, & from that damage I think it is but I'm not sure right now

Yeah they are mites :( this picture is just for your reference; these are called two-spotted mites

Screenshot 20191119 042621 Chrome
Screenshot 20191119 043742 Google

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Because they're small you're going to have a good chance to beat this. I would put those small plants in the bathtub and hit them with the water jet somewhat forcefully (not too hard) and try to knock as many bugs and their eggs off particularly from the underside of the leaves where they mainly live and lay their eggs as I could for starters; you might be able to do it with a spray bottle just aim underneath the leaves for the most part

and then I would treat them with neem if I had it on hand, but you are going to need some for-real chemicals and you going to need two of them, not just one product. Haven't used these products but spinosad Green Cleaner are a couple that come to mind, we'll get you a program before the day's out

Last edited:
Peppie

Peppie

Because they're small you're going to have a good chance to beat this. I would put those small plants in the bathtub and hit them with the water jet somewhat forcefully (not too hard) and try to knock as many bugs and their eggs off particularly from the underside of the leaves where they mainly live and lay their eggs as I could for starters; you might be able to do it with a spray bottle just aim underneath the leaves for the most part

and then I would treat them with neem if I had it on hand, but you are going to need some for-real chemicals and you going to need two of them, not just one product. Haven't used these products but spinosad Green Cleaner are a couple that come to mind, we'll get you a program before the day's out
Thank you and I did hit them with spray forcefully. I even took my gloved fingers and rub the leaves vigorously but not too much after I soaked them. Yea I seen the same pics on Google a few minutes ago.
I read you can use hydrogen peroxide too when their small don't know if that will work but I have that on hand.
I I foliar spray every 3 days I don't know how they hung on.
Do you know where they come from and how you get them?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you and I did hit them with spray forcefully. I even took my gloved fingers and rub the leaves vigorously but not too much after I soaked them. Yea I seen the same pics on Google a few minutes ago.
I read you can use hydrogen peroxide too when their small don't know if that will work but I have that on hand.
I I foliar spray every 3 days I don't know how they hung on.
Do you know where they come from and how you get them?
Don't rub those leaves with your fingers like that there's tiny little hairs that can be damaged

don't know where they came from but I think mine came in on my dog's back in the day

Or maybe gardening and not changing clothes or even taking a shower, before going to the indoor grow

Indoor and outdoor world needs to be two different places you'll be more careful after you deal with these these, they're terrible

and the two spotted mite, which you have are the same mites I had!

Edit: this is the best help I can give you from this point on because you're going to have to make these pesticide decisions on your own, as I haven't dealt with mite related products since 1996

I recommend you go as strong as you can and use 2 strong products and Alternate them

Cervantes is the guy that taught me to grow, hope this helps, good luck

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This might also help, as Cervantes is a bit ambiguous above:

Seraphine

Seraphine

Two spotted spider mites. Also stay out of hydro stores! They are vectors of disease. Think about, how many people walk into hydro stores with pest problems, unknowingly carrying pests on them into the store for the next person to pick up up and carry home with them. How much money do you have to spend on pest control? That all depends what products you can use. Also are you organic or okay with using synthetics?

Last edited:
Peppie

Peppie

Don't rub those leaves with your fingers like that there's tiny little hairs that can be damaged

don't know where they came from but I think mine came in on my dog's back in the day

Or maybe gardening and not changing clothes or even taking a shower, before going to the indoor grow

Indoor and outdoor world needs to be two different places you'll be more careful after you deal with these these, they're terrible

Edit: this is the best help I can give you from this point on because you're going to have to make these pesticide decisions on your own, as I haven't dealt with mite related products since 1996

I recommend you go as strong as you can and use 2 strong products and Alternate them

Thank you

Peppie

Peppie

Two spotted spider mites. Also stay out of hydro stores! They are vectors of disease. Think about, how many people walk into hydro stores with pest problems, unknowingly carrying pests on them into the store for the next person to pick up up and carry home with them. How much money do you have to spend on pest control? That all depends what products you can use. Also are you organic or okay with using synthetics?
I would rather use organic

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here is an easy way to tell the difference.

If its raised on the topside of the leaf and looks like a trich under a scope its trichs which i'm positive that's what was the case the first time judging from the pics and your description of smell when you touched it.

If the top of the leaf is still smooth and the dots are very faint light green or white in comparison to the rest of the leaf its likely bug damage. Spider mites feed on the bottom sides of the leaves and by doing so the leaf becomes very thin in that particular spot and almost transparent thus why the color change.

Those pics of your new plants are definitely spider mites. Look at the leafs from the top and shine a light underneath, you will see the spots brighten. Also a handy way to check plants to determine damage or something on it.... like trichs, drywall dust, styrofoam or using humidifiers with tap or well water. I could list em forever lol.

Peppie

Peppie

If its raised on the topside of the leaf and looks like a trich under a scope its trichs which i'm positive that's what was the case the first time judging from the pics and your description of smell when you touched it.

If the top of the leaf is still smooth and the dots are very faint light green or white in comparison to the rest of the leaf its likely bug damage. Spider mites feed on the bottom sides of the leaves and by doing so the leaf becomes very thin in that particular spot and almost transparent thus why the color change.

Those pics of your new plants are definitely spider mites. Look at the leafs from the top and shine a light underneath, you will see the spots brighten. Also a handy way to check plants to determine damage or something on it.... like trichs, drywall dust, styrofoam or using humidifiers with tap or well water. I could list em forever lol.
Yes I have a usb microscope and there are definitely 2 spotted spider mites. I saw them clearly moving.

Peppie

Peppie

Hey brother the chemicals are expensive wow. Is there a cheaper size on the bottles? I followed your link and nothing was under $100 damn.
Well I had to throw out 2 autos that were about 3 inches tall and 2 weeks old. They were covered and too damaged. Their leaves turned orange.
So I have 4 plants that are 5 weeks into veg that I I stripped and spray with hydrogen peroxide. I'm on my way to get neem oil from Home Depot. I live in Boston and in the city there is only one hydro store and its 2 hours away and they don't have what I need and they suck. I will order online when I get paid.
In the meantime what should I do?

Peppie

Peppie

After spray with hydrogen peroxide and the link said give them acid rain but lowering ph to 4. Now they are burnt. So I stripped some leaves

20191120 164832
20191120 164837
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After spray with hydrogen peroxide and the link said give them acid rain but lowering ph to 4. Now they are burnt. So I stripped some leaves
Never dealt with them and I never will. If I get mites I'm torching the grow and nuking everything aound wearing full PPE with UVC and a bug bomb. I'm not going to fight those little fuckers forever and lose more in the long run. 1 and done.

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom