Can water from a Dehumidifier be used to water plants

• Thread starter burnalot420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
I am curious to know if i would be able to use dehumidifier water to water my plants..I know it is considered grey water and isn't supposed to be drank or given to plants we eat..but what about pot plants? i mean you don't eat them but do ingest their smoke...If anyone has any experience with this it would be great...peace Burn

D

doco

I have wondered about this too - my neighbor does use his but Ive been leery. I have some sediment in mine, like white particulates that I thought might be something negative so I just toss it.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

well..I have been watering my plants with the dehumidfier water and it works just fine. There are no bad side effects that I could see.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes, I believe it can. I've tested the water before and it's essentially RO water, because it's derived from condensation. If I remember correctly I believe the ph was either too low or too high, ppm 0-10. I've never used it on my plants, because that would be shitty way to learn a lesson, but theoretically it should be fine for them.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Yes you can, basically its distilled water....so it has almost no PPM, as most of its solid impurities have been left behind .

J

Jalisco Kid

It would work but there is a lot of air moving over those coils. Air with spores possibly. JK

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I use it but I empty it into a 45 gal drum that holds my water so it's never much though. I have been doing this for years with mo
problems.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Wooops sorry must be higher than I thought lol. I ment NO problems of course

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Rain water and water from ac/dehumidifiers are ph balanced and great to use! There is no more dirt in them than plants get from the air.

L

Lost

Careful, I did some research on this and found a link that said something about salts building up. I used it for quite some time but I did have to flush every so often because of the white salt buildup :)

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
wow...thanx everyone for all the feedback...but when i looked the question on google for example, it said shit about it being "grey water" (undrinkable) and said shit also about metals(i guess maybe from coil) and other things that could be in the water that could in turn carry over to contaminated vegetables etc. but is smoking the same thing ? And for everyone using it, do you use it straight from the dehumidifier, no filtration? peace Burn

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
c'mon people someone is gotta know wahts up...:mooning

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
anybody any info about grey water and the possible metals in dehumidified water?

N

noone88

I tested the water from my dehumidifier (Santa Fe classic). The PPM was 100-110 and it was alkaline (ph 8.5).

I do not use the water and it goes straight down the drain.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
well, i have been using it and haven't seen anyprobs. yet, and from wah teveryone else said, other than noone, which is kinda trippin me out now, said the ppm was like 0, but the p.h thing is something i'll have to check

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
and 420, i am not sure about the a.c water, i'll have to look into it

I

IGKali

Only thing i'd really be wary of is bacterial and fungal spores. A good shot of H2o2 would probably ease my mind.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
what do i have to dilute the H2o2 too? and if ido use it can i use it with my beneficials, i was pretty sure that it kill them?

W

webeblzr

If I humidify my area, I pour in some H2O2, into the tank.
When I collect my humidifier water, I pour in some H2O2.

When I go to a stream to collect minnows for fishing, I add some H2O2, as H2O2 just converts to Oxygen.

Super cheap, super simple, super safe.

Top Bottom