Can water from a Dehumidifier be used to water plants

• Thread starter burnalot420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MountainWalker

MountainWalker

Finally found the answer I was looking for. If Jackmayoffer says its OK I trust him if you see his plants it must be.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
haha yea i kind of forgot about this thread..i found that as long as its not a really old dehuey its fine..any of the particulates getting in the water sink to the bottom of the rez and isn't much at all..

G

Gartner

Humidity is one of the important factor which affects the growth of the plants,
For indoor hydroponic crops its better to maintain from 40 to 60 % of humidity.
If the relative humidity is high, you can use the dehumidifier to control the humidity growth...

G

garethjones

I use to water the plant from the humidifier...

I have not faced any problem with that neither my plant had...

It is ok if you want to.

bloads

bloads

yea, i am going to be running the water through zero water...a product from lowes/home depot...like a ro filter system but it is a standalone and doesn't have to be hooked up to any pipes!!

Go to their website and they'll send you a bunch of coupons for replacement filters too.

G

Gartner

Dehumidifier water

Its not preferable using dehumidifier water for the growth of the plants, as dehumidifier water is very high in humidity, which is not present fro its growth,
Its know to me that, tis will attract insects and bugs such as moths, fleas.
It has a relative humidity of 30 to 50 percentage,
So its better to use mineral water which contains the ph level of 7.0.:harvest:

R

RMCG

I didn't see it mentioned in this old thread, but the reason it says 'Don't Drink' is because you can get Legionaires Disease from Dehuey/AC condensate.

Legionella bacteria thrive in the coils of A/C's.

It's not a problem to use the water, but I would not mist or foliar spray with it, as that is how you will get sick.

That said, I run the drain line from dehumidifiers right in to my res.

J

Jalisco Kid

Those coils collect dust,bac and fungal spores. I can not see saving a few pennies to help fill my rez. JK

G

Gartner

Marijuana dehumidifier water

I read this article in our forum, hope this will help you to clear your doubts...

:harvest:

B

bigdub

Those coils collect dust,bac and fungal spores. I can not see saving a few pennies to help fill my rez. JK

^This.....I would use rain water before I'd use dehumidifier water, but I use RO so I don't need to choose between these two. It's worth spending a few bucks to ensure your plants get a high quality base to their diet.

H

hedster44

I used to use dehumidifier water to water my plants before I got a RO system and had no problems but I would watch it after reading about the bacterias and fungal spores.

G

garethjones

Its not preferable using dehumidifier water for the growth of the plants, as dehumidifier water is very high in humidity, which is not present fro its growth,
Its know to me that, tis will attract insects and bugs such as moths, fleas.
It has a relative humidity of 30 to 50 percentage,
So its better to use mineral water which contains the ph level of 7.0

Thank you for the guidance,
I will take care of it now on...

MrSmilehappy

MrSmilehappy

yea you definitely can you just have to make sure you oxygenate the water

Top Bottom