Can we talk about PPM?

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dude, I use compost tea also but ppm doesn't really matter with that because it's not salts.
Actually it is salts... organic nutrients a plant cannot take up ... they can only take up ionic salts that are dissolved in water so the only difference between organic and synthetic is the process in which nutrients are broken down into ionic salts. In the end they are the same.... just processed differently and a nitrate is a nitrate no matter it source.

The issue is all the other dissolved stuff when it comes to organics.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

The light just popped on. TDS meters are 0.5, so the PPM reading will always just be 1/2 of the us/cm EC reading. Yes??

The big diffy in ppm to ec conversion is the mfg/country your meter was made..no idea which is which......50 .64 .70 are the three conversion....so an EC of 1.0 would convert to one of the three...would equal 500 ppm 640ppm and 700ppm

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ok you got me i use chitosan (high tide) and worm castings (does that count as manure?)
I would say the WC are going to have salts...look at what they get fed. Depending what they got fed too.

Chitosan not sure....google it! My guess if it came from an insect or ocean dwelling creature most likely will

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Some growers like myself like to keep things safe, depanding on the medium of cause, in coco I like to keep seedling @ 200ppm for the first week than up it up to 400ppm. Early veg 550ppm - 600ppm, early bloom @650ppm, sometimes I ll keep it at 650 right through until flash and sometime depanding on the strain I ll push her from mid and late around 1200ppm - 1500ppm. Watching for burn and adjusting

Nitetroller

Nitetroller

I root clones in rockwool and once they have roots I transfer them into aero cloners running at 1000ppm for 12 days. At that point they get transferred into the system starting at 1400ppm on day 1. By week 5 they are running at 1600ppm. Week 6 and 7 is 1800ppm. Week 8 I pull back to 1200ppm. Week 9 0ppm flush. I know this sounds high but they are always extremely happy and healthy. They feed 24/7 in an all water/no medium system.

Top Bottom