Can you run a grow tent as a sealed room?

• Thread starter HustleTrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HustleTrees

HustleTrees

Hi guys,

I have a DR80 setup in a standard intake/exhaust fashion. Works well, but I want to experiment with C02. What would be the best way to go about this?

Currently the tent is housed in a guestroom within a 6x6 closet along with a 2x2 veg tent. I use a portable A/C to blow into the closet and it seems to cool well. I believe the intake for the A/C is on the backside of the machine, and pulls air from the guestroom, and not the grow space.

My first question was, would it be effective if I just setup the C02 within the closet so both the flower and veg tents get fed the enriched air? I know common knowledge is a portable A/C will exhaust the precious CO2, but would this apply in my case since the A/C intake is somewhat separated from the grow area?

Next, if that would not work, could you turn a standard grow tent into a sealed room within a room (the closet)? For example, remove scubber/light/fan combo, and seal the light & recirculate the scrubber/fan within the tent, along with C02 inside the tent, and just continue to use the portable AC to cool the entire closet.

Lastly, is C02 really worth the yields? I'd love to hear what you experienced, good or bad.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

-HT

G

grnmountainboy

try one of the co2 boost buckets. they are pretty cheap. co2 is definitely worth the extra yields! you can double your yields just by using some co2 and a simple trellis net, a lot of indoor growers over look these key factors that are just as important as lights, air, and nutes!

darkmatter

darkmatter

closed up tent=oven,you got the stuff to try, so set it up and see what kind of temp. you can keep.get a co2 tank or the propane burner and just use it best you can, the refills are sort of cheap.The co2 buckets get knocked, it would be nice to have a good simple c02 source.People that have sealed rooms got big money mainly,they keep all the bad out and the good in,If you don't have any bad and your pretty good then.....

HustleTrees

HustleTrees

try one of the co2 boost buckets. they are pretty cheap. co2 is definitely worth the extra yields! you can double your yields just by using some co2 and a simple trellis net, a lot of indoor growers over look these key factors that are just as important as lights, air, and nutes!

I read up on those when they first came out, they seemed ideal for the small scale guys like myself. I guess the only downside is, since that is a natural C02 "generator", I read the buckets have a tendency to taper off the CO2 flow as time passes on.

I definitely will start to SCROG the plants again though, I haven't done it in many years, but it worked well with my 250w C13 a long time ago.

Thanks!

-HT

HustleTrees

HustleTrees

closed up tent=oven,you got the stuff to try, so set it up and see what kind of temp. you can keep.get a co2 tank or the propane burner and just use it best you can, the refills are sort of cheap.The co2 buckets get knocked, it would be nice to have a good simple c02 source.People that have sealed rooms got big money mainly,they keep all the bad out and the good in,If you don't have any bad and your pretty good then.....

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I figured the A/C could cool the ambient air, but you're right, how's that cold air going to get inside of a "sealed" room.

I was thinking a C02 tank would be my best bet, but I can't see how I can shut off my fan without the heat going through the roof or the stink traveling outwards.

-HT

W

water wise guy

water colleds

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I figured the A/C could cool the ambient air, but you're right, how's that cold air going to get inside of a "sealed" room.

I was thinking a C02 tank would be my best bet, but I can't see how I can shut off my fan without the heat going through the roof or the stink traveling outwards.

-HT

try water cooleds ran in conjunction with a ice box the light will stay cool and the ice box will cool the room and for the smell just run a fan and filter in the room or coming from the room and returning back to it after going thru filter. and yes for sure use a tank they will not add any extra heat to the system.

Top Bottom