Can you stop smoking weed and continue growing? Or is it impossible?

• Thread starter Stevo0121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Study yourself — when do you like to smoke? What triggers it? Often, it's about getting over one moment of temptation.

Between 2000 and 2012, I jumped from job to job and had to pee in a cup often — each time requiring 30 days of abstinence from weed. For me, it was never the presence of weed or plants that triggered me to smoke — it was particular times of day. If that's the case for you, it could be much easier to grow and not indulge.

But if just seeing weed makes you want to smoke, growing it doesn't sound like it will work out.
I work through out the day and I finish about 5pm it’s just after that I go gym and go home eat shower and smoke, I can be around weed and not smoke I have done in the worse situations so I know if I really want it I can do it definitely but it’s the mindset I approach it with..

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

Just smoke. Lift. Make gains. Don't fight it.
Did it for over a year. Besides my normal desire to get high it’s especially difficult when you get new strains. There’s something about the build up to harvest and then discovering the new taste and buzz. But your left with toking vicariously.
Exactly the problem lol

Stevo0121

Stevo0121

That's pretty much why I started my garden. The mindset shift from consumption to production is easier than outright ignoring my love for the plant. My plan is to give my yields away to my family and smoke maybe a couple times a year.

YMMV.
This is what I’m trying to do, was it a struggle the change? I don’t want to stop growing because ppl rely on me for it but I genuinely wanna stop smoking it’s not for everyone, so yeah it’s gotta happen at some point..

elduderito

elduderito

I reckon it would be pretty easy if you can unload your harvest immediately once it's dry... I took a break for several months and found that just caring for my plants gave me similar relief as smoking it...

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
It all depends on how mentally strong you are and if you are actually ready to not smoke at all.

I know it is possible, but I would have a hard time looking at all those sweet and juicy nugs growing away....I'd surely give in to the ganja ladies sweet embrace.
My friend used that terminology on me about cigarettes 20 years ago. I quit and he still smokes 🤣

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

My friend used that terminology on me about cigarettes 20 years ago. I quit and he still smokes 🤣
I think the situation is a bit different,seeing how there are no advantages to smoking tobacco and there are tons of good things about Marijuana. You also didn't quit tobacco and then had tobacco plants growing in your house. (not that tobacco plants look any good)

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

It’s a odd question to ask I know but who better to come to then people with experience, Basically I wanna stop smoking for personal reasons but I still want to carry on growing as I have a serious passion for it and I don’t really have that same passion for anything else other than the gym..So I don’t know what responses I’m gonna get from this..But if you don’t ask you don’t receive. And I’ve just brought 4 hlg650r but I’ll be asking for advice on that In separate post..Thanks in advance✌️
It's very possible and what I'm doing now, have stopped smoking for around 3 months now.

Every now and then i might take a hit if I'm with friends but my tolerance is so low now i get easily smashed.

My plants are in flower now so when their ready I'll looking forward to trying it, but growing weed isn't making it harder for me to stay off it.

I like to work out, and i can't do both if i smoke, it's either one or the other.

I like to party also, so working out takes a back burner then I'll start smoking a little to help with the come down, etc.

It's good to grow and not be stoned whilst doing it, attention span is at it's finest so i find i don't do stupid things...like leaving a blind open to a grow room before the lights kick in. :P

widwestgreenscapes

widwestgreenscapes

I stopped smoking a few years back but I still grow, I love growing and the whole process it’s a passion project for me. Always learning new things about the plant and trying to get better. Just because I don’t currently smoke doesn’t mean I don’t believe in the many benefits the plant has for so many people. I have family members that need it and friend and family that are jut stoners 😂. So it’s a hobby I enjoy and I just give my product away to friends and family.

When I quit smoking I was ready to quit, for my own reasons. That’s a big question are you ready to quit. If not being around it all the time isn’t going to help you quit. Be honest with yourself about yourself and you’ll find your answer. Best of luck.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I met a guy recently who grows as a caretaker but doesn't smoke anymore. He knows if he smokes he will drink which is the problem.

I couldn't do it smelling it all the time.
That's where I'm at currently... And I will tell you it's hard at times, but I kinda dig the hobby of horticulture so it's a trade off I'm making currently.

Ponky

Ponky

I'd you really want to smoke less. Get a 1 hitter. Don't smoke a whole doobie. Take a toke. And call it good.

elduderito

elduderito

I'd you really want to smoke less. Get a 1 hitter. Don't smoke a whole doobie. Take a toke. And call it good.
^^ this for sure .... I've gotten myself down to about 2grams per day by stopping smoking joints by myself at home... 0.1g is plenty to load up a bubbler or bong for a decent size hit.... tastes great too

20211003 225622

Mrb53

Mrb53

Last year I, and my whole family, caught flu. It pretty much destroyed my lungs and I cannot even be around smoke. I still grow....for my wife, a friend or 2 but mostly for the peace and serenity I get from it. It is therapeutic, to say the least. I do make some tincture but no longer use at all...and I do NOT miss it. My wife uses daily (medicinal) to treat her conditions so growing does provide a benefit other than just being a farmer

tobh

tobh

Supporter
That's exactly what I do. I quit smoking about seven years ago (not completely, still smoke every great once in a while. shit gives me too much anxiety now). The majority of the product I produce goes to a couple of friends that have chronic and terminal disorders, and whatever doesn't go to them is consumed by my ol lady. I love producing more than I ever loved smoking as i discovered back when i started growing initially just for my own supply.

tl:dr; yes, it's possible.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
me-absolutely not..
damn, not sure if i’m ever “straight” haha.. seriously!
non stop everyday for 36 yrs..
been living off junk and never have worked out.
am i doomed, hahaha..

N

Newber

Very possible, im not smoking (not by choice 🚔👮‍♂️) and still growing right now 🤦‍♂️😆. Was a bitch at the start though, get some benadryl to help sleep first few weeks

strider26554

strider26554

It’s a odd question to ask I know but who better to come to then people with experience, Basically I wanna stop smoking for personal reasons but I still want to carry on growing as I have a serious passion for it and I don’t really have that same passion for anything else other than the gym..So I don’t know what responses I’m gonna get from this..But if you don’t ask you don’t receive. And I’ve just brought 4 hlg650r but I’ll be asking for advice on that In separate post..Thanks in advance✌️
I grow my ass off, and havnt smoked in ten years, yes, its saves a tone of money and product, and my friends who still smoke LOVE me,,lol im doing kief, and hash this year as well.

Doodles

Doodles

Stevo, is it smoking or getting high that you want to stop? If it's getting high, maybe you could grow CBD hemp strains? Just a thought...

Top Bottom