Canna butter flavor and cooking question

• Thread starter Empress.Indica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Empress.Indica

Empress.Indica

I make canna butter out of the leaves i cut when i harvest my plants. Is it possible to add flavor while making canna butter? Does anyone know if i added something like vanilla extract while cooking what would happen?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I asked Mrs. MMG for you and she said to add flavor after the butter is finished. Dont want to add vanilla to the nasty water during the oil transfer. It would be affected too.

Just warm the butter later and mix in flavors if wanted.

R

redshift75

If you add vanilla or any of those style extracts in while cooking it will do nothing but evaporate.

you always add vanilla last. or any of those things as they are alcohol and will evaporate. Some if you go with cheap imitation will leave burnt caramel flavors in cooking off. So if i speak to what i know in cooking. You dont want to add vanilla until whatever you plan to use the butter in. If you are looking to mask the weed flavor it wont happen in my experience. Unless you can hit something close to the profile of the weed you are using. if its got Limonene go lemon and so on so forth. But for flavor and its usage you add whatever flavors you want to whatever you plan to use the butter in is perfectly acceptable.

so pretty much 2nding what @MIMedGrower is saying and dont add anything til after the butter is done and processed.

CF89

CF89

Are those big fan leaves with virtually no thc on them really useable for something? They seem gross and not worth making anything from.. like you’d get more cholophyl and other junk than you would thc it seems. From my leaves at least.

or are you this referring to sugar leaves?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are those big fan leaves with virtually no thc on them really useable for something? They seem gross and not worth making anything from.. like you’d get more cholophyl and other junk than you would thc it seems. From my leaves at least.

or are you this referring to sugar leaves?

Sugar (bud) leaves and small or loose buds is what we use.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havent been doing this long but i have been using everything thats left after i harvest. Im guessing thats a no no?

Really not much in the big fan leaves. We throw away (can also compost) the fan leaves and any smaller leaf on a stem.

We dry trim and jar the large and medium size buds and smaller ones that are nice and solid for curing and eventually bagging or smoking. And also jar the close bud trim and loose, fluffy or too small buds to be cured and later used to make infused coconut oil.

Top Bottom