canna-butter

• Thread starter thesoftdrugbaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bdawgburner

I would still make it and use it Donk. The only way to know is to try it!

Does anyone else make butter without water? I just melt the butter add all my bud and trim, bring it almost to a boil and then simmer for an hour and a half. It comes out better than when I was making it with water and is a lot less of a mess.

derwench

derwench

i used 8 oz of herb to 3 sticks of butter (non salted) cooked in a crockpot on low no water.... it turned out amazing!

B

bdawgburner

8 oz of herb in 3 sticks sounds pretty potent. I use like 6 oz of trim in 4 sticks. Then take half a batch and use it in betty crocker chocolate chip cookies. Add a little vanilla maybe half a teaspoon and BAM! They taste so good, has barely any 'weed' taste. A cookie keeps me high but functioning for like 5 hours.

mikeb437

mikeb437

has anyone used vaped weed? i have 4 ounces of vaped weed that im gonna mix with a stick of butter. im sure with that amount, ill have to use the water method or there wont be enough butter to infuse all that weed. i have done the no water method with a quater ounce of pot and it worked out good. ill have to check out the crockpot method. with what im using,, what size of a crockpot should i get..3 quarts? 2? bigger?

BiGDawGKusH_TRU

BiGDawGKusH_TRU

i love butter it just gives me a great buzz and helps with my aches and pains. i have a things for sweets. one of my favroites are rice krispy treats. i havent tryed the crock pot yet. but i hear it works wonders

meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

ALways use the double bubble system. Does the trick for sure. Longer you let it go on simmer the more bomb the butter turns out.

C

Coco4Coco

next time I will try with no water

Actually using part water and part butter is better.
Reason is after the butter is solid in the refrigerator
you poke a hole and drain off the water.
Local dispensary cookbook suggested it.
Says the green chlorophyll taste goes with the water...
the THC stays in the butter
And I always use a large crock pot and let it simmer for about 8 hrs on Low setting....

This stuff can hang on though a LOT longer...
As one night I ate too many peanut butter cannabutter cookies... and the next day I woke up and I could not even stand straight and walk ... almost like I was drunk
lol.... so that being said PACE yourself on how much you eat till you see how you react

C

CannaKelly

Hi -

I'm new here so this question could have already been asked but I have searched the net high and low to find out how much THC (in solid form, I have an 11 gram chunk) goes into a stick of butter or a cup of butter? I want to make lollipops and brownies.

Thank you,
CannaKelly

C

CannaKelly

Cannabutter is made.

So I bought 4 oz of trim with some small buds, I put it and 2 lb of butter and 3 cups of water in my crock pot on low 7 hours ago and have stirred it 3 times. I am going to put it on warm for another hour. It's really, really dark, is that normal? I used White Widow that had a strong smell before I started cooking it. I don't like to smoke so I'm going to make cookies instead. Wish me luck!

Update: The day after. Well I went from 2 lb's of butter to 1lb 2oz of green cannabutter. My experience so far is that it was way more smelly than expected to the point of nausea. I poked a hole in it and drained the water where a lot of dark brown water poured out, then I rinsed it and put it back in the fridge. Even the smell of the cannabutter is making me have nausea. So next step is to make the cookies and hope they don't smell up the house again and then maybe I won't be able to taste it. I'm doing this to alleviate anxiety and panic attacks but so far it's making me more anxious getting the final product...lol.

S

Skunkenstein

I think you should Definately use more water..I use 2 cups per stick..or 8cups per 1lb batch.You can clarify your batch after it hardens up in the Fridge..by boiling more water and adding your green Cannabutter and melting and filtering again..Then back to the fridge.

B

bdawgburner

Why is everyone using water to make cannabutter? You can make it without water and just use a strainer to separate the butter from the trim. I NEVER use water to make mine and it turns out just fine. And its a lot less messy.

C

CannaKelly

I think you should Definately use more water..I use 2 cups per stick..or 8cups per 1lb batch.You can clarify your batch after it hardens up in the Fridge..by boiling more water and adding your green Cannabutter and melting and filtering again..Then back to the fridge.
I may not do this again. I made chocolate toll cookie in an 8x10 pan, used splenda and my cannabutter. I baked it and cooled it. First thing this morning I ate a 1 in X 1:sweating inch piece. Within 30 minutes I began to feel it, started laughing for about 5 minutes then crashed and have been in bed for 7 hours and its just now starting to wear off. The recipe called for 1 cup butter and the piece I ate was 85% chips. It will be a while before I make another try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom