Canna vs Botanicare

• Thread starter c2603976
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

c2603976

I have a choice between buying Bio Canna (full line) + Canna Terra Plus Grow Medium for 160$ and Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom + reg. potting soil mix with perlite/peat moss for 80$.
Is Canna really worth it's hype?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Greenleaf is correct. It really comes down to genetics and environment. People may have nutrient preferences, I certainly do but I've grown with many different types and they all do the same. Grab what u r comfortable with. Good luck brother

bubbalova

bubbalova

Im running bio canna flores and Vega im grabbing cannazyme and am running great white with it for benificals. i have roots organic as a medium and am having great results so far. I ran botanicare before and had great results to, all in all I got a better smelling and more greasy product from the bio canna. But I also believe in experimenting with what ever intrigues you, have fun with it and always do as much research as possible before jumping in.

Best of luck,
Bubba

sedate

sedate

I have a choice between buying Bio Canna (full line) + Canna Terra Plus Grow Medium for 160$ and Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom + reg. potting soil mix with perlite/peat moss for 80$.
Is Canna really worth it's hype?

There is an enormous difference between these two - particularly because of CannaBoost and Rhizotonic... both of which will add considerably to the quality of your grow over standard-line Botanicare offerings.

CannaBoost is basically a full-steroid package for cannabis - it includes both Benzylaminopurine (bap6) and Triacontanol for flower development, and IAA for roots, and the Rhizotonic adds a full dose of B vitamins.

PureBlend stuff is a solid NPK product, but it does not have these ingredients. Standard NPK formulations with Humics and fulvics.. this is it for Botanicare's mainline stuff..

Im running bio canna flores and Vega im grabbing cannazyme and am running great white with it for benificals. i have roots organic as a medium and am having great results so far. I ran botanicare before and had great results to, all in all I got a better smelling and more greasy product from the bio canna.

Ya i bet the bap6 and the TRIA will ad considerable smell and flavor...

Greenleaf is correct. It really comes down to genetics and environment. People may have nutrient preferences, I certainly do but I've grown with many different types and they all do the same. Grab what u r comfortable with. Good luck brother

Uhm... I would agree that making minute changes to NPK ratios generally doesn't do much for most situations, but the addition of triacontanol and bap6 often produces prodigious increases in smell, flavor, and quantity...

Tnelz

Tnelz

There is an enormous difference between these two - particularly because of CannaBoost and Rhizotonic... both of which will add considerably to the quality of your grow over standard-line Botanicare offerings.

CannaBoost is basically a full-steroid package for cannabis - it includes both Benzylaminopurine (bap6) and Triacontanol for flower development, and IAA for roots, and the Rhizotonic adds a full dose of B vitamins.

PureBlend stuff is a solid NPK product, but it does not have these ingredients. Standard NPK formulations with Humics and fulvics.. this is it for Botanicare's mainline stuff..

Ya i bet the bap6 and the TRIA will ad considerable smell and flavor...

Uhm... I would agree that making minute changes to NPK ratios generally doesn't do much for most situations, but the addition of triacontanol and bap6 often produces prodigious increases in smell, flavor, and quantity...
Couldn't agree with you more bro. I believe Canna is a more solid product from start to finish. And the two things u pointed out I feel is solid information. My point was basically that either will do a good job at the end of the day and genetics and a dialed in environment will play a much larger role in final product than the nutrients used to get there! Great points though bro.

C

c2603976

Didn't know that, I can see how a plant would benefit from those over Botanicare.
I've also found out that Bio Terra Plus has bat guano in it, which is an organic PH buffer agent, so there will be no need for an expensive PH pen.

Guess I'll be getting BioCanna, thanks for the input guys.

sedate

sedate

Didn't know that, I can see how a plant would benefit from those over Botanicare.

CannaBoost really is one of the better additives on the market. This is really the difference between the two.

Honestly you'd probably get the same results from using ProBlend & CannaBoost.

I've also found out that Bio Terra Plus has bat guano in it, which is an organic PH buffer agent, so there will be no need for an expensive PH pen.

No. You need to precisely adjust your pH. "Buffers" might help with pH swings, and might even make it work out right when you mix it, but a pH pen and nutrient mix-monitoring are crucial for success.

Don't cheap out here. Spend the $50. Seriously.

Here is a wonderful budget pen. Served me well for years.
http://www.amazon.com/Oakton-EcoTes...ie=UTF8&qid=1415518558&sr=8-1&keywords=ph+pen

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been a Canna fan with hydro for years. I have had nothing but good runs with Cannas Aqua veg/flores line, of course I use their full line, cannazyme rhizotonic etc etc. One of the other points I like about it is the stability of my rez ph levels using their stuff.

Now I do have to say I have also had good luck with other lines of nutes for hydro also. Find what works for you and your budget and go with it.

C

c2603976

I've got a swarm of fungus gnats that came with a 50L bag of Bio Canna Terra Plus, now I have to treat it with wine/vinegar & peroxide.
BioVega looks like a molasses tea concentrate which I could of brewed myself, BioRoot wreaks of algae and fish emulsion which is pretty cheap around here.
Plants look no different then from my previous grow with Rona's organic Veg/Bloom + Molasses.

Can't believe I paid for this shit, should of gotten a GHO Starter Kit and a reg. potting mix with some worm castings or guano mixed in.

S

shonuff305

What kinna nutrients u use

Billyboat

Billyboat

I'd go with canna simply because you have botanicare paired with a peat media which you won't like.

I'll also say every time I use a full line my plants look like shit compared to when I just use base nutes. Keep it simple, keep it cheap. Remember you're just growing a plant.

What don't ya like about PBP and peat? I've been running it for years, I do amend it heavily though.

Just curious.

los0420

los0420

No PH pen probably not a good idea

C

c2603976

K, I'm starting to like Canna.
Using BioBoost at 4ml/l instead of 2ml/l has increased the pistil length by 15% over a 24h period.
Plus Canna buffers pH to 6.0, so there is no need for an adjustment during feeding.

P1182503
P1192556
2vs4
Last edited:
Top Bottom