Cannabis Drying/Curing Refrigerator - Build Questions - Need Help!

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fatdaddy

I just started using my cannatroll my issue is the humidity is at 55 so I am set for 60 temp 55 humidity. May need to find a mini humidifier

P

PahPahCee

If I ever manage to plan a vacation down there I’ll definitely take you up on that!

Another bit of info: if you don’t plan on splicing wires to the Dehum make sure you get one with a physical on/off rocker switch so it works with the controller.

P

PahPahCee

I just started using my cannatroll my issue is the humidity is at 55 so I am set for 60 temp 55 humidity. May need to find a mini humidifier
If you put enough bud in there the humidity should rise slowly despite the outside RH.

If you really are struggling with internal RH I would get a lightly damp sponge. This is what the official Cannatrol uses. For $2k you get a little yellow sponge.

F

Fatdaddy

If you put enough bud in there the humidity should rise slowly despite the outside RH.

If you really are struggling with internal RH I would get a lightly damp sponge. This is what the official Cannatrol uses. For $2k you get a little yellow sponge.
I loaded the shelves but it the humidity never rose above 55 in 12hrs. I am going to add a little sponge or cup of water if it drops to 50. 55 should be ok since suggested is 50-60 %

P

PahPahCee

I loaded the shelves but it the humidity never rose above 55 in 12hrs. I am going to add a little sponge or cup of water if it drops to 50. 55 should be ok since suggested is 50-60 %
Interesting. I’m curious, what’s the RH and temp outside the fridge? And is it safe to assume the inkbird probe has been tested/calibrated for accuracy?

even at 55% you should get a good dry on. I would just be careful and test the bud every so often to make sure you don’t over dry it.

F

Fatdaddy

The fridge is in the garage and the RH of the garage is about 45 right now. I had the inkbird running for about a week before loading it to check the stats. I stuck 2 humidity/temp readers in there. Both reader read the same temp and humidity. Then compared that to the temp guage on the fridge and inkbird. The temp on fridge was about 2 degrees higher than what the reader. The humidity on the inkbird was 1 % lower than what the readers say. So I adjusted accordingly.

P

PahPahCee

The fridge is in the garage and the RH of the garage is about 45 right now. I had the inkbird running for about a week before loading it to check the stats. I stuck 2 humidity/temp readers in there. Both reader read the same temp and humidity. Then compared that to the temp guage on the fridge and inkbird. The temp on fridge was about 2 degrees higher than what the reader. The humidity on the inkbird was 1 % lower than what the readers say. So I adjusted accordingly.
Very odd, 45RH isn’t bad. Try the sponge/water and let me know if it gets you in range. I’m sure you have already but check the seal/gasket of the fridge for any leaks.

F

Fatdaddy

Very odd, 45RH isn’t bad. Try the sponge/water and let me know if it gets you in range. I’m sure you have already but check the seal/gasket of the fridge for any leaks.
No leaks just not a high humidity level. But at least it is within range

G

grapeape1972

Hi everybody I have a problem maybe one of you can help me out..My plant has been in flower 3months got nutrient lockout I just flushed it was going to harvest it in 2 weeks but I found spider mites, should I wait or harvest..

20230715 165657
P

PahPahCee

Hi everybody I have a problem maybe one of you can help me out..My plant has been in flower 3months got nutrient lockout I just flushed it was going to harvest it in 2 weeks but I found spider mites, should I wait or harvest..
Hard to tell by the pictures. What strain is it, it doesn’t look like a 12+ week strain.

Not much you can do with spider mites this late. I’d probably consider doing a bud wash after you harvest it.

G

grapeape1972

Hard to tell by the pictures. What strain is it, it doesn’t look like a 12+ week strain.

Not much you can do with spider mites this late. I’d probably consider doing a bud wash after you harvest it.
She is a 3rd generation clone from a bag seed I found in some good stuff and grew it the others took 12weeks as well..I just don't want to harvest prematurely.. I don't know If any of them got to full maturity because I'm not positive about how ripe buds should look..I've got 30% amber but i thought they would be bigger..Maybe you can help me with the Galato Auto, it was doing fine then poof it started wilting and yellowing. It had a ph of 6.7 so I flushed it 2 days even the flush water got to a 6.3 in 2 days from 5.6..now it seems to be getting better it has 1/2 the masterblend nutes and calmag with a 1/2 dose of bloom..ph is 5.8 second pic both in DWC..

Gizmo613

Gizmo613

I got a tall wine fridge, peltier type and the same dehumidifier that pahpahcee posted. I don’t have an ink bird humidity controller, have a generic amazon controller, and did a test run but the dehumidifier needs to be pressed every time the controller restart. I could probably figure that out but was wondering if anyone has already dealt with it.

Also for those who have done the wine fridge method, do you guys smell the plant when it’s drying? Or only when you open the door?

Last edited:
F

Fatdaddy

I got a tall wine fridge, peltier type and the same dehumidifier that pahpahcee posted. I don’t have an ink bird humidity controller, have a generic amazon controller, and did a test run but the dehumidifier needs to be pressed every time the controller restart. I could probably figure that out but was wondering if anyone has already dealt with it.

Also for those who have done the wine fridge method, do you guys smell the plant when it’s drying? Or only when you open the door?
I dont know about the controller issue but smell wise only time I smell it is when I opened the fridge.

Gizmo613

Gizmo613

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to know that the smell is contained. If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you dry in there?

P

PahPahCee

To bypass the physical buttons we need to dumb down the Dehum. I cut out the board with the on/off button.
224B3AB7 292B 4027 98F4 ECD2CA59B03B

It’s fairly simple. All that you should be left with is 2 black wires and 2 red wires. You cut you power supply cable that plugs into the Dehum. This will expose the red/black wires. Combine all 3 red cables together, combine the three black cables together.

You can splice these wires. Or you can use a Wago connector.

EF8C597E 0506 41FB 9394 83B8E7D4088C

as for the smell; it’s pretty sealed. You don’t smell anything so long as you keep the door closed. I’ve also heard reports that the water/condensation can smell a little. Not really an issue so long as you clean it up occasionally.

Gizmo613

Gizmo613

That’s for that info pahpahcee.
Curious if you are using the 9v power supply from the dehumidifier. If so, connecting it the way you are describing, you are only running both the fan and peltier unit at 9v but both are rated at 12v. So effectively it’s running at 75% power.

P

PahPahCee

That’s for that info pahpahcee.
Curious if you are using the 9v power supply from the dehumidifier. If so, connecting it the way you are describing, you are only running both the fan and peltier unit at 9v but both are rated at 12v. So effectively it’s running at 75% power.
You’re correct, I’m using the 9V power supply it came with. Before I deconstructed it I tested the voltages running to the peltier and they were only getting supplied 9V.

My assumption is it’s designed this way to extend its life; or it’s a cheap piece of crap and they designed it to be “good enough.”

Gizmo613

Gizmo613

Right on!
Will double check as it’s currently disassemble on my desk at work.
Thanks for the info!!

Top Bottom