Cannabis overwatering problem unsolved HELP ASAP

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

Hello guys. I ve done recently a post about them plants when they were slightly younger. I placed the seeds directly to 3L pots and they got overwatered. 1 month has passed from then and they have become a little larger .Growth is seriously slow and day by day they seem to be stuck in the same place. i moved them 2 days ago in plastic cups and did holes in them to take fresh air. The humidity ranges between 50 and 70 RH and temperature from 20 to 26 c. They dont seem to drink any of the water of the soil and their leafs are droopy . I have a Spiderfarmer SF 7000 at about 60 cm and at 20% intensity . ANY HELP? I am stuck !!!@@
LAST THREAD HERE --> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/seedlings-leaves-problem-and-stunned-growth.138525/

Cannabis overwatering problem unsolved help asap
Cannabis overwatering problem unsolved help asap 2
Cannabis overwatering problem unsolved help asap 3
Cannabis overwatering problem unsolved help asap 4
Cannabis overwatering problem unsolved help asap 5
Last edited:
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
You don't need super saturated pots with run off, you need some water. There is a whole slew of things we could talk about when it comes to watering, soil, temps, RH....it will drive you nuts, so we wont. What's important is to get you to realize they need loose airy soil. Soaking wet mud kills roots. After a few grows you get the feel for watering correctly in 'your' chosen media. They are starving for air in the soil. They can actually go quite a while without water. It would even help you to let them go without water in the bigger pots until you see signs of thirst. This is very hard for new growers to maintain that level of discipline, they think the plants will die if they don't. That's not true, but there can be a problem with the media going hydrophobic, that's a problem to be avoided and another topic. With practice you learn what you can get away with.
take two of those cups and water the bigger pots, wait 6 hours, then transplant all of them into the bigger pots and do not water them for about 2 days.

goodbye95

goodbye95

You don't need super saturated pots with run off, you need some water. There is a whole slew of things we could talk about when it comes to watering, soil, temps, RH....it will drive you nuts, so we wont. What's important is to get you to realize they need loose airy soil. Soaking wet mud kills roots. After a few grows you get the feel for watering correctly in 'your' chosen media. They are starving for air in the soil. They can actually go quite a while without water. It would even help you to let them go without water in the bigger pots until you see signs of thirst. This is very hard for new growers to maintain that level of discipline, they think the plants will die if they don't. That's not true, but there can be a problem with the media going hydrophobic, that's a problem to be avoided and another topic. With practice you learn what you can get away with.
take two of those cups and water the bigger pots, wait 6 hours, then transplant all of them into the bigger pots and do not water them for about 2 days.
Do you mean to water the big pots the amount of water 2 of these cups can hold? Wouldnt then the seedling go again into already watered soil?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
I have watered them 3 times the last 40 days
Even more evidence for when i mentioned the 'whole slew of things we could talk about when it comes to watering, soil, temps, RH'
you have high humidity, in a tent, in a house. The water can't move, evaporate, etc. And the plants aren't transpiring as normal, cuz of RH, VPD, air cycling, etc. I cant even say what the actual problem is...all i can do is call on my experiences and say what i would do in that situation if i just walked in on it.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Even more evidence for when i mentioned the 'whole slew of things we could talk about when it comes to watering, soil, temps, RH'
you have high humidity, in a tent, in a house. The water can't move, evaporate, etc. And the plants aren't transpiring as normal, cuz of RH, VPD, air cycling, etc. I cant even say what the actual problem is...all i can do is call on my experiences and say what i would do in that situation if i just walked in on it.
I have a dehumidifier and a humidifier if that helps. I will do exactly as you say considering that i can manipulate the enviroment exactly as i like. So what should i do ? Step by step. Lights. Rh . Transplants. Temperature ranges etc.

TSD

TSD

I would up pot and turn your light up to 50%.
Clear cups/pots are no bueno for roots .
I think he just took them out of the big pots and put them In the cups by the sounds of it. There's gotta be other environmental factors that have contributed to the slow growth if he's only watered them 3 times in 40 days.

goodbye95

goodbye95

I think he just took them out of the big pots and put them In the cups by the sounds of it. There's gotta be other environmental factors that have contributed to the slow growth if he's only watered them 3 times in 40 days.
They were already overwatered when they were in the big pots so i moved them yesterday or the day before into the clear cups. I watered again some hours later and now they are overwatered again. They havent even drunk any of the water of the cups. Someone in the first thread told me i needed to raise the humidity and so i did. But as soon as the humidity got higher i suppose the planta were drinking water from their leafs and now here we go again on overwatered plants . Whats your opinion? I need solid steps on how to reverse the whole thing before its too late. They are starting to produce black spots on the bigger leafs

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
I have a dehumidifier and a humidifier if that helps. I will do exactly as you say considering that i can manipulate the enviroment exactly as i like. So what should i do ? Step by step. Lights. Rh . Transplants. Temperature ranges etc.
I told you, 2 cups of water in big pots, wait 6hrs, transplant, then dont touch them for 2 days. Roots wont grow into dry media, needs some water. The 2 cups of water will disperse and diffuse into the volume of the bigger pots, assuring a moist media.

goodbye95

goodbye95

I told you, 2 cups of water in big pots, wait 6hrs, transplant, then dont touch them for 2 days. Roots wont grow into dry media, needs some water. The 2 cups of water will disperse and diffuse into the volume of the bigger pots, assuring a moist media.
How much water should i give them after this and exactly when? As a new grower i am afraid the plants will die of thirst if i let them dry more than enough. What are the signs that tell me i need to water besides weighting the pots? Cause that comes from experience which i dont have

goodbye95

goodbye95

And what ranges should i keep temperature and humidity to?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
How much water should i give them after this and exactly when? As a new grower i am afraid the plants will die of thirst if i let them dry more than enough. What are the signs that tell me i need to water besides weighting the pots? Cause that comes from experience which i dont have
Yeah don't worry about that yet, get past this first. Your question is unanswerable. We'll just watch and the plants and soil will tell you.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Yeah don't worry about that yet, get past this first. Your question is unanswerable. We'll just watch and the plants and soil will tell you.
Ok . Thank you man. I will inform in this thread in 2 or 3 days

H

hawkman

Hello guys. I ve done recently a post about them plants when they were slightly younger. I placed the seeds directly to 3L pots and they got overwatered. 1 month has passed from then and they have become a little larger .Growth is seriously slow and day by day they seem to be stuck in the same place. i moved them 2 days ago in plastic cups and did holes in them to take fresh air. The humidity ranges between 50 and 70 RH and temperature from 20 to 26 c. They dont seem to drink any of the water of the soil and their leafs are droopy . I have a Spiderfarmer SF 7000 at about 60 cm and at 20% intensity . ANY HELP? I am stuck !!!@@
LAST THREAD HERE --> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/seedlings-leaves-problem-and-stunned-growth.138525/
consider using a "root stimulator" watering can be tricky with solo cups one must consider dryness and weight of cup in water them (1-2x's week)

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

consider using a "root stimulator" watering can be tricky with solo cups one must consider dryness and weight of cup in water them (1-2x's week)
Expensive but still the best for transplanting

goodbye95

goodbye95

Ok i i did everything as instructed. I watered 2 of these cups in every larger pot and tilted at 45 degrees so the excess water can leave through the corner.

IMG 20220514 142631
IMG 20220514 161134
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
plants that are that old and have gone through that amount of stress and still tiny and unhealthy are definitely not worth growing especially being a new grower, those will be nothing but problems for you and a waste of time and money in the end.. and you’ll basically learn nothing..
i’d start over..
if you do than start your grow on here and the farm will help you be successful!..
advice- when taking advice here on the farm wait for a few replies from a couple growers before reacting to your plants in hopes to get the correct information..

Top Bottom