Cannabis Seedlings Yellowing and brown not growing/stunted, don’t know what to do?

• Thread starter Chappie1826
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chappie1826

Hello, I am a new member here and new grower, I need some help diagnosing or just generalizing what might be wrong with my seedlings I planted outdoors. I planted them about 4-5 weeks ago in big grow bags (fabric pots) outside and they are now beginning to turn yellow and haven’t seemed to grow much since I planted except for one as you’ll see in the pictures. It’s almost like they’ve stunted, but now they’re turning yellow and “burning”. We haven’t had much sun here in CT mostly has been rain for weeks now, I also gave them some “JDAM” natural organic fertilizer I whipped up from weeds in the yard etc. but that was weeks ago and the pots have definitely been flushed by rain since so I don’t think it’s an over nutrient problem, thinking it’s a overwatering problem, but then why is one of them growing excellent while thee others aren’t? I’m fairly certain they’re going to die if I don’t figure something out soon. It would be appreciated if someone could help me out thanks! (P.S. the smaller seedlings paired with the cannabis seedlings are just clover for micro/bacteria reasons along with crop cover and to hopefully absorb excess water, heard it helped)
Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do
Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do
Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do 3
Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do 4
Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do 5

Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do 2
Cannabis seedlings yellowing and brown not growingstunted dont know what to do 6
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Hello welcome. Good luck on your grow. It could be too much sun for the little one. I would've pulled it and replanted but maybe it might pull out of it. Also what strain?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

That does not look like good soil for cannabis. It is full of wood and no perlite. My guess is the ph of that soil is pretty high.
Are these photos or autos. If these are photos, they need yo be started in smaller pots and the transplanted to bigger pots as they grow

C

Chappie1826

That does not look like good soil for cannabis. It is full of wood and no perlite. My guess is the ph of that soil is pretty high.
Are these photos or autos. If these are photos, they need yo be started in smaller pots and the transplanted to bigger pots as they grow
They’re photoperiod they were listed as “regular” seeds, (whatever that means), the company said mix of males and females (because I’m trying to breed them) but I still don’t understand how one can tell what’s gonna come from a seed, or if you even can, lol. Thank you for your reply though, I did check the PH about a week or two ago and it was on 7, I looked up if that’s okay and it said it should be around 6.5-7, does this sound about right? I’ll have to check again today to see, could be the problem. But now that you mentioned it yea I didn’t put any perlite and the soil is very heavy! I did start some more inside I’ll have to get better soil and some perlite when I plant them, do you think they’ll be okay to put into that soil pictured above when they get big enough to transplant, or should I not chance it?

Thank you!

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

They’re photoperiod they were listed as “regular” seeds, (whatever that means), the company said mix of males and females (because I’m trying to breed them) but I still don’t understand how one can tell what’s gonna come from a seed, or if you even can, lol. Thank you for your reply though, I did check the PH about a week or two ago and it was on 7, I looked up if that’s okay and it said it should be around 6.5-7, does this sound about right? I’ll have to check again today to see, could be the problem. But now that you mentioned it yea I didn’t put any perlite and the soil is very heavy! I did start some more inside I’ll have to get better soil and some perlite when I plant them, do you think they’ll be okay to put into that soil pictured above when they get big enough to transplant, or should I not chance it?

Thank yo
If you can find soil like fox farmbor Roots you would be way better off. If not i would mix alot of perilite into it. I try to keep my soil ph around 6.5, above 7 and the plant cant uptake certain nutrients

Top Bottom