• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
steamroller

steamroller

South to me is Columbia County! 🤣
Got half my family in FL. and other is in AZ.
I am only one left in my family who lives with winter.
I don't like it but think there are great days in all seasons.
Getting past Gov't NY has more to offer then many states. I love Maine but would not want to work there or live there in tourist season.
No real desire beside weather to go to any other state at all.
Hoping they are over hyping the power outages..
I rarely lose power, but used to on the regular.
Our power supplier [ 🤬 ] installed some funny box/ switch on the pole across the street from me several years ago.
Since whatever it is I might be in the 10% of people in my town that don't lose power when everyone one else does.
I don't know what it is but I like it!

Moshmen

Moshmen

South to me is Columbia County! 🤣
Got half my family in FL. and other is in AZ.
I am only one left in my family who lives with winter.
I don't like it but think there are great days in all seasons.
Getting past Gov't NY has more to offer then many states. I love Maine but would not want to work there or live there in tourist season.
No real desire beside weather to go to any other state at all.
Hoping they are over hyping the power outages..
I rarely lose power, but used to on the regular.
Our power supplier [ 🤬 ] installed some funny box/ switch on the pole across the street from me several years ago.
Since whatever it is I might be in the 10% of people in my town that don't lose power when everyone one else does.
I don't know what it is but I like it!
I do miss my small hometown up in Michigan ! What I don’t miss is the 6 months of no sun

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

DON'T BE SO QUICK to move south.

I lived in the Carolinas for over 20 years before moving back north for the sake of grandkids. You know what I hate about the southeast that few people talk about in the north? Summer.

Yes, the season that I lived for became the season I dreaded, and it generally lasts 4-5 months. The unofficial slogan of Columbia, SC is, "A screen door away from hell."

Spring and fall are great, don't get me wrong, but summer up north is heaven. I'll take 4 months of cold for that.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I lived in the Carolinas for over 20 years before moving back north for the sake of grandkids. You know what I hate about the southeast that few people talk about in the north? Summer.

Yes, the season that I lived for became the season I dreaded, and it generally lasts 4-5 months. The unofficial slogan of Columbia, SC is, "A screen door away from hell."

Spring and fall are great, don't get me wrong, but summer up north is heaven. I'll take 4 months of cold for that.
Agreed - we have hot and dry - hot and rainy- hotter and rainy- and fuckin hot and rainy ! Lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

lol 4 months...lol...I wish...we get 4 months of not winter...2 months of heat and humidity and 2 nice months 1 at both ends....and we live in one of the nice places here....it could be worse...my wife could have been from Cape Breton...same province just 50 years behind with worse weather

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Yeah summer in the south is the only reason i havent moved already. My mother in law lives in Fayetteville NC and she calls and complains all summer that its high 90s low 100s, which is just too hot for me.
She was just saying last night that it was 80s for 2 weeks and now its 50s and 60s so theyre cold.... what id do for 50s and 60s right now instead of 30 inches of snow....

steamroller

steamroller

I went for ride yesterday and almost put the top down for just a little bit!
The sun was shinning and it was beautiful.
I knew I needed to get out yesterday, they have been building this storm up to be 'biggest of the year'.
The sun makes a huge difference. It doesn't need to be warm out if you are in the sun.
Can't wait to get the summer car out again!
Love going for rides in the Adirondacks or down around Chatham and Hudson.
Hunter and Windham mountains there in background.
Picture taken from the Taconic parkway not yesterday!
DSC 0692

All you others have the fifth season we don't who have winter.
Some get hurricane season, others tornado season, wildfire season or floods and landslides.. 🤷‍♂️ WTF?
We get winter. You can plan for it and most survive it and learn to deal.
Still not thrilled, but on the bright side the tractor has no top, so I'll be going topless tomorrow! 🤣

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Some get hurricane season, others tornado season, wildfire season or floods and landslides.. 🤷‍♂️ WTF?
Alright, you just changed my mind in 2 sentences. Im staying in the north! Lol. Im all set with hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes, all that stupid shit lol. I guess winter doesnt sound so bad now🤣🤣

TSD

TSD

I went for ride yesterday and almost put the top down for just a little bit!
The sun was shinning and it was beautiful.
I knew I needed to get out yesterday, they have been building this storm up to be 'biggest of the year'.
The sun makes a huge difference. It doesn't need to be warm out if you are in the sun.
Can't wait to get the summer car out again!
Love going for rides in the Adirondacks or down around Chatham and Hudson.
Hunter and Windham mountains there in background.
Picture taken from the Taconic parkway not yesterday!
View attachment 1340079
We get winter. You can plan for it and most survive it and learn to deal.
Still not thrilled, but on the bright side the tractor has no top, so I'll be going topless tomorrow! 🤣
My son would freak over that car, Corvette? Orange is his favorite color and every time we see an orange vehicle he says how cool it is.

Also on the south thing... us northerners have less shit that wants to kill you... no poisonous snakes or spiders, gators. Ok... we have bears and mountain lions... moose can be territorial and a bald eagle MIGHT be able to carry off a baby 🤣🦅👶 buuut, at least they're all big and easily avoided... if you go in the back country of the ADK without bear spray... that's on you. 🤣 If you step on a snake that's camouflaged or get bit by a brown recluse in a wood pile you're gonna have a bad day and didn't see it coming. 🤷‍♀️

Tremojem

Tremojem

Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes flank my little hamlet where I live. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Years ago I went to Georgia during the Summer. The Sun on my skin felt like I was being BBQed...literally! Could not go outside without eye protection etc. I avoided going outside at all costs. Seems pointless, as it is insufferable.

I guess you acclimate to this type of weather, but I found it crippling. But, in all fairness, I wasn't allowed time to acclimate, however long that takes, as I was only there a short time.

Funny thing, while watching the Player's Championship (PGA Golf) this weekend on TV, I thought to myself..."that would be a fun place to play". It is held in Ponte Vedra, Florida. Greens fees for Winter months are $150 more expensive than if you play during Summer months. Conversely, NY charges more during Summer months. That is because the heat and humidity is UNBEARABLE in Florida during Summer.

Just another observation from Captain Obvious.

Best to you.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

My son would freak over that car, Corvette? Orange is his favorite color and every time we see an orange vehicle he says how cool it is.

Also on the south thing... us northerners have less shit that wants to kill you... no poisonous snakes or spiders, gators. Ok... we have bears and mountain lions... moose can be territorial and a bald eagle MIGHT be able to carry off a baby 🤣🦅👶 buuut, at least they're all big and easily avoided... if you go in the back country of the ADK without bear spray... that's on you. 🤣 If you step on a snake that's camouflaged or get bit by a brown recluse in a wood pile you're gonna have a bad day and didn't see it coming. 🤷‍♀️
It's a bit over-blown. I have walked hundreds of miles through wetlands in the southeast for work, and while you have to watch not to step on water moccasins and rattlers, I have never had an unhappy snake-related incident and don't know anyone who was ever bitten by a snake or attacked by a gator. And all my ilk are environmental consultants, who are out in it all the time.

That said, the largest black bears on earth are in the eastern North Carolina peatlands. You would not believe how big they get. It seems like every year, some hunter or another gets an 800+ pounder.

I was once driving to a hunting lodge where I was staying while doing some work there. While driving down the long road to the lodge, about a hundred yards ahead of me was a huge bear. When I got too close, he'd run ahead, before finally jumping into a canal and swimming to a wildlife refuge. The locals knew this bear, and have been gunning for him for years, but he'd always disappear into the refuge during hunting season. He was estimated to be 650 pounds, but he was rather athletic. Most of the other giant bears there look fat from gorging on corn. (It's a big agricultural area.)

ninjadip

ninjadip

I wish we would have got more snowfall in the Shenandoah valley this winter. I know most hate it, but I love it. Nothing like a cup of hot tea, coffee, or cocoa with a bowl and watching the snow come down through the window, imo.

Yes, I'm super thankful we don't have the severity of natural disasters other areas have. Just that one odd earthquake a decade or so ago, and every few years the river floods, but that's it.

steamroller

steamroller

I am a child at heart, cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
And yeah forgot about all the shit that will eat or kill you for fun! 😉

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

That said, the largest black bears on earth are in the eastern North Carolina peatlands. You would not believe how big they get. It seems like every year, some hunter or another gets an 800+ pounder.
This guy i know shot a 628 pound black bear right here in Albany County NY. Things head and front legs hung off the tailgate in an 8ft truck bed, so like 12 feet long. Thing was massive. Couldnt imagine an 800+ pound bear....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Speaking of tinctures and edibles, I'm just getting into it myself and I love it. Haven't made any tinctures yet but I might try that soon if that is the way to a stronger edible.

My wife and I made these, the taste is just amazing, probably partly due to the coconut oil I use for the infusion. I take one every day now for after lunch at work lol. I use 10g for 12 pops, they have decent potency imo. I do wonder if I could make them stronger using the same amount of herb..

I have never had a tincture, how does the feel differentiate from infused edibles? I know it's subjective but would like to hear your opinion from someone who knows from experience
Hey.......so I'm a financial advisor, so obviously I'm a little extra busy with the regional banking turmoil going on. As a side note I'm not a fan of how agressive Jerome Powell and the FED have been, raising rates too much too fast to fight yesterday's inflation data........but I digress.... ;)

Tincture seems to hit more quickly. I can only speak for myself but it might be the nature of the alcohol bringing things more quickly through the stomach to blood/brain, as opposed to butter/fats. Something like brownies takes the longest. So tincture seems more like a concentrated ride......especially on an empty stomach, and there's also the sublingual nature of it. It can burn a little if you try to squirt it under your tongue and roll it around in your mouth first, but of course, it is alcohol based. There's tinctures made with glycerine, coconut oil, and I've seen recipies for evaporating the alcohol off and replacing with less harsh mediums.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Speaking of tinctures and edibles, I'm just getting into it myself and I love it. Haven't made any tinctures yet but I might try that soon if that is the way to a stronger edible.

My wife and I made these, the taste is just amazing, probably partly due to the coconut oil I use for the infusion. I take one every day now for after lunch at work lol. I use 10g for 12 pops, they have decent potency imo. I do wonder if I could make them stronger using the same amount of herb..

I have never had a tincture, how does the feel differentiate from infused edibles? I know it's subjective but would like to hear your opinion from someone who knows from experience
So far I've been able to "squeeze" about 10 grams of weed into 1 fluid ounce of final tincture. At some point physics steps in. Either too much of the good stuff is left sticking to the now not fully spent weed, or reducing it starts getting thicker than what we would call a liquid tincture. The more resin that gets stuck to the leftover weed, the better it is for then making butter out of. It's all about how efficiently you can get everything out of the weed and into whatever final edible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom