CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Haha fricken awesome. Nothing like doing shots of fireball on the ski lift on a powder day :D. A blender is master level ski bum, gotta give respect.

You snowboarders and your comfy boots tho lol. Get a pair of skiis and let your feet become like a chinese foot binding tribeswoman, its fun. Moguls are fun too.
hey hey hey lol that is too funny about the boots and was VERY much to do with me making the switch in the late 80s early 90s. If I was to go skiing or boarding this week the chances of injury from boarding are MUCH higher to me even though it has been 10-20 years since skiied. Falling on my wrists or elbows which is basically all day when you board just from even sitting down, won't fly for me anymore. Give me some poles and skiis and now I'm facing downhill instead of sideways and I can see that working. If yall ever come out to AZ we can hit Snowbowl, Sunrise, or leave AZ and do Big Bear and Snow Summit in CA, or Fk it let's make a 2024-2025 FarmaPalooza trip and meet in Breck.
Funny story. My short nickname is Lopez. The full version is Coco Lopez Martinez Rodriguez. I got that nickname from a time we went snowboarding and I had only boarded I think maybe 5-10 times ever. I was my brothers +1 for a wicked work trip party to Sunrise. On the last day, last run, 4 of us stopped to smoke out in the woods. We had planned to hit the snowboard park one last time and a part of it was right in front of the lodge. We took our time and basically were the only ones left on the runs at this time. My brother went first and pussed out and basically didn't even take the last jump. It was one of those table top ridge-line jumps maybe 6-7ft high and 15-20ft long. Now it was my turn. I fkin tucked and didn't really let up. I hit the jump and immediately knew I was fked. As I flailed my arms and tried to keep balance I realize the entire jump is no longer below me and also the landing for if cleared the whole thing is now gone too. I must have anything remotely close to a safe landing zone by about 20 ft. When I landed it felt like a shotgun blast of needles to both feet but I landed it and then fell over like a log. That is when I realized the entire lodge was filled with the 20-30 people we were with and they saw the whole thing. They all come pouring out clapping, laughing, and cheering. That night my board was placed above the fireplace and I was known thereafter as "Coco Lopez" 🤣

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

🤣 That's fkin awesome. I'm Gen X but lean quite old-school so understand that meme well. My boy V is the closet Swiftie not me, although for $1000 seats for free and bein a bucket list deal for him I through some caution to the wind. The 2 opening acts for Taylor I thought both were quite good. This girl Gayle started off and this song was hysterical to see young and old alike jumping around to

Oh and as far as Stevie goes, I'm a big fan and have seen her a few times. Saw Billy Joel as well and they will both be at Chase Field here in AZ on 12/8 and yup I will be takin my Bae.

oh and before I forget...Just so ya know 🤣

I'm getting married 😯
WOW Bro! So you finally forced.......errrr....convinced her to marry you eh? 😄

Congrats my Brother!!!🥳🤩🙂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

WOW Bro! So you finally forced.......errrr....convinced her to marry you eh? 😄

Congrats my Brother!!!🥳🤩🙂
Aye poor girl. Think that was the 2nd bouquet at a wedding we attended she's caught 😳 but this time she went hard in the paint. May have taken mother-in-law out and also landed hard enough she hurt her hip. Got up screaming "IT'S BEEN 15 YEARS" 🤣😶‍🌫️ then we slow danced, then tried to walk to table and she was almost in tears cause hip hurt so bad. Made early Uber exit home and whalla 4/20/2024 it is 😀

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Aye poor girl. Think that was the 2nd bouquet at a wedding we attended she's caught 😳 but this time she went hard in the paint. May have taken mother-in-law out and also landed hard enough she hurt her hip. Got up screaming "IT'S BEEN 15 YEARS" 🤣😶‍🌫️ then we slow danced, then tried to walk to table and she was almost in tears cause hip hurt so bad. Made early Uber exit home and whalla 4/20/2024 it is 😀
Congrats! Nice way to slip that in too! 4/20/24? Imagine that! I’m super excited for both of you! 🥰

S

Stonemason7767

Haha fricken awesome. Nothing like doing shots of fireball on the ski lift on a powder day :D. A blender is master level ski bum, gotta give respect.

You snowboarders and your comfy boots tho lol. Get a pair of skiis and let your feet become like a chinese foot binding tribeswoman, its fun. Moguls are fun too.
Lol Just got a pair of super comfy snowboarding boots with titanium power laces.no more laceing up.not quite like back to the future but close.

TSD

TSD

Yeah I don't see how... That's literally all day. I remember on a 4/20 when I was young that we rolled 20+ blunts for the day and it was a struggle.... Big struggle even with the swag from back then.

So how in the 🦆 can someone smoke 80 of today's stuff??? Maybe one day if that was the entire mission, I had some Tony Montana ya-yo, an oxygen tank, three gallons of fruit punch Kool aid, and all the stars aligned could I smoke 80 joints in one day.
He's probably just holding it to keep.up on his stoner image for half of those lol.

TSD

TSD

Love some classic margaritas, my friend that is going camping with us later in the year kept talking tonight about how is he going to be able to run his Margaritaville machine without a hookup... 😂 Yeah we are some margarita people
I make bangin margaritas... fuck that margarita mix... simply Lemonade and simply limeade for the win... and gold tequila because I prefer the flavor. Also some fresh lemons and limes obviously, bit of salt... make a giant pitcher of those and head to my river... ahh yes... good summer days indeed.

TSD

TSD

I hear ya on that! I always wonder if my knees are going to hold up right before that first run!! 🤣

The funnest part for me is doing a backflip off a jump. The look on the young ones faces when they see an old man getting air!!! Priceless!! 🤣

As much as I love running mogul fields my body is just not quite up to getting bounced around all day anymore so I try and keep it to only a few runs but I sure love the technical aspects of skiing bumps!!
I lived at the Mountain as a kid. My knees are trashed from all the dumb shit we did. Debating if these bones can handle it to teach my kid to ski I. The next couple years... but he hates being cold, so I may get off on a technicality lol.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Good morning/afternoon all.
hey hey hey lol that is too funny about the boots and was VERY much to do with me making the switch in the late 80s early 90s. If I was to go skiing or boarding this week the chances of injury from boarding are MUCH higher to me even though it has been 10-20 years since skiied. Falling on my wrists or elbows which is basically all day when you board just from even sitting down, won't fly for me anymore. Give me some poles and skiis and now I'm facing downhill instead of sideways and I can see that working. If yall ever come out to AZ we can hit Snowbowl, Sunrise, or leave AZ and do Big Bear and Snow Summit in CA, or Fk it let's make a 2024-2025 FarmaPalooza trip and meet in Breck.
Funny story. My short nickname is Lopez. The full version is Coco Lopez Martinez Rodriguez. I got that nickname from a time we went snowboarding and I had only boarded I think maybe 5-10 times ever. I was my brothers +1 for a wicked work trip party to Sunrise. On the last day, last run, 4 of us stopped to smoke out in the woods. We had planned to hit the snowboard park one last time and a part of it was right in front of the lodge. We took our time and basically were the only ones left on the runs at this time. My brother went first and pussed out and basically didn't even take the last jump. It was one of those table top ridge-line jumps maybe 6-7ft high and 15-20ft long. Now it was my turn. I fkin tucked and didn't really let up. I hit the jump and immediately knew I was fked. As I flailed my arms and tried to keep balance I realize the entire jump is no longer below me and also the landing for if cleared the whole thing is now gone too. I must have anything remotely close to a safe landing zone by about 20 ft. When I landed it felt like a shotgun blast of needles to both feet but I landed it and then fell over like a log. That is when I realized the entire lodge was filled with the 20-30 people we were with and they saw the whole thing. They all come pouring out clapping, laughing, and cheering. That night my board was placed above the fireplace and I was known thereafter as "Coco Lopez" 🤣
whats up PT, been a minute good to hear from ya. Hahaha funny story man, i bet those resort folk had a good laugh at your expense, drunk mthfkers lmao. Ive done similar shit, landing a big jump to the hard pack flat, shotgun blast to the feet/shins: yes haha. Good stuff bro, nothing like hitting up a smoke sesh mid run. In Colorado there are lots of smoke cabins people build out there, they are cool af. People leave liters, bowls, and mementos n stuff in em. The ski patrol tries to find and tear em down but some evade detection for decades lol.

And yeah man ski boots are like torture devices (unless u get a custom fit boot). I was a snowmaker and worked 12+ hours in ski boots. The amount of times i slipped almost killed myself walking around indoors was hilarious. One time i took out a foreign exchange student carrying a platter of food, i swung my massive helmet and thwackd em in the dome haha. He was fine...i think but he learnwd not to get too close to snowmakers were a roudy bunch.

But yah man, Im a total ski fanatic if you havent noticed, but not since i moved to VA from colorado lol. I love skinning up big mountains and hitting backcountry lines. I used to ski at least 100 days a year, fkn miss it. Im down for a ski trip FO sho. Funny you mentioned Breck. Ive worked there, Vail, Winter Park and Steamboat. Colorado is my happy place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom