Cannot believe this...1st timer with hermes

• Thread starter CannabinoidCarson33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Same. My only real problems have come after cloning bag seeds. Takes a little bit for bad genetics to show themselves sometimes.
We do have to ask ourselves why it had seed in it in the first place. I bought an 1/8 of Cherry Bomb at a huge discount at a retail with the clear warning in red letters “MAY CONTAIN SEEDS”. Got 5. Went back and bought another 1/8 but no seeds. All 5 popped female and were great plants. Produced heavily. Not a single ball or nanner.

R

redshift75

Don't be discouraged. But let us look at it from a purely analytical approach.

It was bag seed. Bag seed is a kind of mystery gamble and this is why.

Bag seed most likely means it either
1)one of those sterile nanner types that develop later or one-off.
2) herm genetics.
3)some sort of open air grower who hopes they don't have lots of seeds
4)contaminated with pollen dust from other aspects of their growth.

Could be more but let us just throw it in that realm. typical growth or unintentional pollination.

1)If they were sterile manners. Not typically worth growing. But if they sprout you get something.

2)Lots of people dabble in strains that have herm genetics. that said some stable strains can have Hermes and the further you get from the source genetics the more this trait goes. So every set of bag seed potentially gets worse and worse. Or certain grower's genetics are more likely vs another breeders' stock.
3) why they can be a downfall is you may end up with males. you may not. If you arent expecting to deal with males it can be bad. if you keep an eye out for"regs" it's really not a big deal and you would know if this was the cause of seeding.
4) if it someone like me I only "open-air males and regs outdoors. so very reduced risk of cross-contamination. but higher risk of outside pollen. Can be mitigated with "greenhouses" So anything you would get in a bag from me as a friend would come from something with 95% potential it is going to be feminized seeds or nanners. My air scrubber setup was pretty great at doing it my new one will be better. So if you get someone that deals in female pollen and that's your bag seed. it can be a great way to get free fem seeds.(not that i deal. but if i did give you some smoke and it had one in my instance... again hypothetical)

but when you start to get into #2 and #3 as a generalization is you won't know if it's open air pollen from a herm, male, maybe not even true herm genetics, and some form of natural rodelization? so when you take that gamble it is really more for the experience. Not really to say you did anything wrong. Because you have no control of the source of the lineage of genetics and even then it can be a gamble. Some seed stock most certainly can be looking for the right pheno. Where you hear people mention getting 6 of the good ones in a fem pack. Some have variable properties where one might display its Indica side and another its Sativa side in a hybrid where the genetic you are after is the Sativa dominant pheno. SO even in high-end seed stock, this can still be a gamble. You're mostly paying for track record.

this is all hypothetical. But this is why people say don't bother with bag seeds. even when you get 10 bag seeds in some cases on stabilized strains. if they weren't intentionally pollinated. still can ring true.

So no one should feel down if plants do what plants do in the infinite realm of potential outcomes. At the end of the day, the goal is to see what cannabis sprouts up. But always take the time to analyze your environment to ensure You arent the environmental factor leading to inducing herm failure. Or unintentional pollination. This we can figure out hopefully 95% of the time.

edit:
touched on stable and unstable genetics from good seed stock. Some people like super stables others don't mind picking through. So its not a negative to get a strain that has stable phenos but unstable showcasing. in that you get 2 or 3 dominant traits and looking for one. Cause all of them tend to grow into good smoke. But speaking purely to some unstable "monster" "various trait" genetics. One being fully stabilized doesn't make it a better genetic offering over another in the grand scheme. Just want to make sure i put that disclaimer in. I grow several genetics from "real breeders" that are unstable and love the strains. Eva Seeds Monster is one of my favorites. One has that extra big pheno that is the true monster you are after. When i grow it, I grow them out then do the whole clone cycle to see which one showcases the "monster" pheno to run. Not a negative when that's what i want. But i still grow them all out and they all are good smoke just one grows half the size of the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bbonez

Bbonez

Looks like I have a seed being pushed out of a bud now. Day 46 funky charms from clone. I have 41 of these and 31 Ice cream cake in the same tent. This is the only seed I see ( I think it's a seed.) Do I cut the one nug off? Let it finish as is?

20210516 091550

20210516 091459

The ICC is looking good!

Screenshot 20210516 101006 Gallery

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

Damn, if that's the only one, and it's already day 42, I'd say ride it out and keep an eye out. Everyone instructed me to chill out and let it be and to keep an eye out in case there were an environmental cause but I highly doubt that's a problem with you...

By the way, WOW MAN, THOSE ICE CREAM CAKE ARE LOOKING GREAT! It looks like by the time two months of flower rolls around those things will be UNREAL!

Bbonez

Bbonez

Damn, if that's the only one, and it's already day 42, I'd say ride it out and keep an eye out. Everyone instructed me to chill out and let it be and to keep an eye out in case there were an environmental cause but I highly doubt that's a problem with you...

By the way, WOW MAN, THOSE ICE CREAM CAKE ARE LOOKING GREAT! It looks like by the time two months of flower rolls around those things will be UNREAL!

I'm not even 100% sure it's a seed. It might be an empty pouch, felt soft.

Thanks for the comment on the ICC, the FC look good too just not as good as the ICC but the HPS lights don't do them justice. I have the ICC under LED.

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

I'm not even 100% sure it's a seed. It might be an empty pouch, felt soft.

Thanks for the comment on the ICC, the FC look good too just not as good as the ICC but the HPS lights don't do them justice. I have the ICC under LED.

Can I ask where your ICC cut is from? Im JW because Im currently growing a Purple City Genetics cut of the same thing, and was hoping my genetics came from the same place yours did. Thx man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom