Cant decide which light, or brand

• Thread starter chainedtiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chainedtiger

Ok, here I go again, I'm in the market for a new light. Looking for a 150 watt. I'm reading alot of good things about mars hydro ts1000, that it runs cooler and is very bright but it doesn't have the Samsung diodes, I know that's a plus... but does it really matter? In case you couldn't tell... im just a beginner. I've had lights before that came with the tent but never attempted to buy one. I was also thinking about the ac infinity iongrid s22, 130 watts. I know there are a few things to consider when buying a light, but I want to be sure I'm getting something decent. I've posted something similar to this before and got lots of useful info... but still can't decide between the two. Is mars hydro good? Is ac infinity good? Better?. By the way, I'm using a 2x2 tent...thanx

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I have no experience with Mars or AC iinfinity lights ( have other AC equipment, great quality). Check out the viparspectra xs2000. Great light for small area and plenty enough to flower a 2x2

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

i have both the 1000 & 2000 best bang for your money in my opinion, Phlizon PL 1000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Indoor Plants All Stage Veg Flower
US $45.00 ebay
they have samsung diodes

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Spiderfarmer does proper by me and my plants.
Th g series is amazing.
The se series, even better.
Never been happier. 👊🏻🤡

Dadman86

Dadman86

i have both the 1000 & 2000 best bang for your money in my opinion, Phlizon PL 1000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Indoor Plants All Stage Veg Flower
US $45.00 ebay
they have samsung diodes
I also have phlizon pl-1000. It's ma baby maker! I use it for seedlings never turned it all the way up. 60% burned my plants. Pretty beastly lil 100 watt. Phlizons pl-2000 would definitely cover a small tent. 119 bucks only

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Ok, here I go again, I'm in the market for a new light. Looking for a 150 watt. I'm reading alot of good things about mars hydro ts1000, that it runs cooler and is very bright but it doesn't have the Samsung diodes, I know that's a plus... but does it really matter? In case you couldn't tell... im just a beginner. I've had lights before that came with the tent but never attempted to buy one. I was also thinking about the ac infinity iongrid s22, 130 watts. I know there are a few things to consider when buying a light, but I want to be sure I'm getting something decent. I've posted something similar to this before and got lots of useful info... but still can't decide between the two. Is mars hydro good? Is ac infinity good? Better?. By the way, I'm using a 2x2 tent...thanx
Vipraspectre 1500 2023 edition

Newty

Newty

What is your actual budget for the light? What do you hope to accomplish with the light? I know I gave recommendations based on your 2 earlier choices in another thread. Now that you are looking for any brand recommendation, a price range and goals will greatly help people point you in the right direction. It's definitely not an easy choice.

Also what are the room temps the 2x2 is going to see? Can you heat or cool it if you have to? Temp is going to help when deciding how many watts.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
What is your actual budget for the light? What do you hope to accomplish with the light? I know I gave recommendations based on your 2 earlier choices in another thread. Now that you are looking for any brand recommendation, a price range and goals will greatly help people point you in the right direction. It's definitely not an easy choice.

Also what are the room temps the 2x2 is going to see? Can you heat or cool it if you have to? Temp is going to help when deciding how many watts.
Agreed 100%
Detachable drivers help in this regard as well.
They definitely help in keeping that temp more manageable. 👊🏻

C

chainedtiger

Agreed 100%
Detachable drivers help in this regard as well.
They definitely help in keeping that temp more manageable. 👊🏻
I only want to go as high as 150$ take or give a few. I just want to do autogrows and start some regular to move outdoors. But mostly I'll be doing some autogrows. It can get as hot as 90 in my apartment in the summer. Need to purchase ac. Gets little chilly in the winter. But I'll provide a heater. Not looking to have big harvests... just enough to be happy.. I was thinking about the ac infinity ts 1000 with removable drive. I didn't choose this one cause I didn't want a drive that gets really hot while I'm not home. So the cooler a light I can get is best. See... all these factors just make me cautious. So having alot of difficulty. Thank you for any other advice you could give. There's alot of good ones.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I only want to go as high as 150$ take or give a few. I just want to do autogrows and start some regular to move outdoors. But mostly I'll be doing some autogrows. It can get as hot as 90 in my apartment in the summer. Need to purchase ac. Gets little chilly in the winter. But I'll provide a heater. Not looking to have big harvests... just enough to be happy.. I was thinking about the ac infinity ts 1000 with removable drive. I didn't choose this one cause I didn't want a drive that gets really hot while I'm not home. So the cooler a light I can get is best. See... all these factors just make me cautious. So having alot of difficulty. Thank you for any other advice you could give. There's alot of good ones.
If that’s your price point. I have had the vipar spectra p series. I think you can find a p2000 for that. It’s plenty, and powerful. I’ve had mine for 4 years. They all work great still. And pulled massive plants. Daily use. best of luck in your shopping homie! No detachable driver but they stay cool enough in tent

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The s22 iongrid. I like it, but gets hot. But I can put drive outside tent
I know reviewers say it gets hot. So, I just used my IR thermometer to see how hot mine is. It's 100.4F and has been at step 3 (30%) for more than six hours. I don't know if that's unusually hot. I was thinking I'd glue a heat sink to it if it seemed like a problem. As it is, I have the exhaust fan intake right above the heat sink. And, yes, the driver can be relocated.

Newty

Newty

I know reviewers say it gets hot. So, I just used my IR thermometer to see how hot mine is. It's 100.4F and has been at step 3 (30%) for more than six hours. I don't know if that's unusually hot. I was thinking I'd glue a heat sink to it if it seemed like a problem. As it is, I have the exhaust fan intake right above the heat sink. And, yes, the driver can be relocated.

My 400 watt Vivosun on 50% on for 9 hrs IR temp on driver is 97, led side of board 97, and back on board 94.

Your iongrid, what size tent do you have it in? What are the room temps in the tent compared to outside of the tent at 30% power? Have you used the light above 30% and if so do you know how much different tent temp was compared to 30%?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
If that’s your price point. I have had the vipar spectra p series. I think you can find a p2000 for that. It’s plenty, and powerful. I’ve had mine for 4 years. They all work great still. And pulled massive plants. Daily use. best of luck in your shopping homie! No detachable driver but they stay cool enough in tent
The 1500 2023 after rebates on amazon is 60 bucks. These were in week 5 or 6 under it

20230831 105152
20230824 170726
Top Bottom