Can't figure out what I am doing wrong please help!

• Thread starter KingAllstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KingAllstar

All my autoflower plants look great untill they go into flowering then the top parts start to yellow and I can't figure it out. I am using about one fourth advanced nutrients ph perfects. Seems like it always starts at the upper older leaves then works its way down. Seems to be on the edges of the leaves but sometimes there are spots in between the veins. I don't get what I am doing wrong. Ph is like 7.2

Cant figure out what i am doing wrong please help
Cant figure out what i am doing wrong please help 2
Cant figure out what i am doing wrong please help 3
Cant figure out what i am doing wrong please help 4
Cant figure out what i am doing wrong please help 5
Cant figure out what i am doing wrong please help 6
K

KingAllstar

I use gallon sized watering containers put 2m of micro and 3 ml of bloom. 1 ml of cal mag during flowering. Which is very low dosage.

K

KingAllstar

what brand of nutrients?
what’s the temp and humidity? what kind of light and distance from tops?
advanced nutrients ph perfect, two led lights actual watts one is 80 the other 100 watts actual measured out the wall. maybe about 8 inches from the top. I was thinking light burn also but it travels its way down it seems every plant I get into flowering. Starts with older leaves first

K

KingAllstar

How often are you watering? Are you feeding with every watering? What's your media?
fox farm happy frog I feed about once a week one . Then 3-4 days later water with only 7.2 ph tap water . So feed once water once. I even stopped feeding the first 4 weeks thinking it was nute burn then feed once it starts getting into flowering but it still happens. EVERY SINGLE TIME with all my plants :(

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
My guess is too much light and nutrients. So, what to do about it? Maybe reduce the light a little and only use plain water from now on.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

My guess is you're over-fed. You're starting in an amended soil and feeding frequently. Getting a run-off ppm/EC reading could confirm (or not).

Pilted

Pilted

In the wild, a plant sits in veg until the sun starts to move to and gives it less light. This triggers flower, then the sun continues to move lower and lower in the sky reducing the light as the plant moves through the different stages of flower. By the end of flower the plant is getting less and less light. Once you flip to flower reducing the light will help mimic outside growing. Usually for me my highest light intensity is at the end of veg and the first two weeks of flower, after this I slowly raise the light lowering the light intensity as the plant shows signs of light stress. Since this is happening every time during flower I wonder if you are reducing your light the further you get into flower?

I was having the same problem as you, for ten grows always issues mid to late flower. After many of hours talking with people on here and trying different things, what worked for me is this. Less light, less feed, and less water volume during watering.

Sadly at this point all your leaves are affected and will be difficult to get her trics to turn amber. Pull the light way back she is getting to much. Reduce the amount of water you feed with, try to get your dry cycle down to 3 days.

Also if you are pH'ing your water I would pH it to 6.0, 7.2 is very high. I am not familiar with happy frog but if it regulates the soil media the you should probably just quit pH'ing, if it doesn't then yeah drop that to 6.0.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
All my autoflower plants look great untill they go into flowering then the top parts start to yellow and I can't figure it out. I am using about one fourth advanced nutrients ph perfects. Seems like it always starts at the upper older leaves then works its way down. Seems to be on the edges of the leaves but sometimes there are spots in between the veins. I don't get what I am doing wrong. Ph is like 7.2
I use advanced nutes for awhile...bump up to 50% dosages... they need more food... your under feeding them along with light stress

K

KingAllstar

I have been running the lights 24-7 so I believe you guys are right about the light stress. Everywhere I was reading people were saying like 50 watts per sq foot or something like when I got like 200 actual watts for a 2x4 tent so I didn't think they would cook being 8 inches away with good airflow.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Could be some nutrient lockout i never really tried the ph perfect series got the understanding they where better for hydro

And you cant regulate ph it will always bounce back till what it is

Try measuring your runoff ph and ec
To see if thats your problem

K

KingAllstar

Could be some nutrient lockout i never really tried the ph perfect series got the understanding they where better for hydro

And you cant regulate ph it will always bounce back till what it is

Try measuring your runoff ph and ec
To see if thats your problem
This last run I even waited 4-5 weeks before giving any nutrients and started with a fourth it still did it. It has to been the light

Latest posts

Top Bottom