Can't Figure Out What's Wrong 1st Grow

• Thread starter Nugrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

id not flush it u said u in coco and with coco it its self does not have nute in it also It cant dry out

so nute every watering something like full does but to lil of a plant for a full doss then a 1/4 doss then back to full or a full 1/4 1/2 back to full u

u going to need to give it cal mag I my self use Epson salt it is super STRONG and will burn very ez when adding it u have to add the ES first in to your water then add in the nute then ph the water coco likes a lower ph about 5.6-5.9 where soil u looking about 6.5

your plant to me looks like nit mag def

Nugrower1

Nugrower1

id not flush it u said u in coco and with coco it its self does not have nute in it also It cant dry out

so nute every watering something like full does but to lil of a plant for a full doss then a 1/4 doss then back to full or a full 1/4 1/2 back to full u

u going to need to give it cal mag I my self use Epson salt it is super STRONG and will burn very ez when adding it u have to add the ES first in to your water then add in the nute then ph the water coco likes a lower ph about 5.6-5.9 where soil u looking about 6.5

your plant to me looks like nit mag def
So if I were to use Epsom salt how much per gallon? And would I need to add it to every watering?

Nugrower1

Nugrower1

I'm not sure if I would give her a flash. I might let it dry out just a little bit and then feed superlite doses of Epsom salt and nitrogen.
Ok going to go pick some up now and probably start a small dose tomorrow when I water it

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Ok going to go pick some up now and probably start a small dose tomorrow when I water it
i my self use 1gram per gallon of water and u need to weight it out like i said super strong stuff id start really low and watch the tips real close for burning

Nugrower1

Nugrower1

i my self use 1gram per gallon of water and u need to weight it out like i said super strong stuff id start really low and watch the tips real close for burning
So maybe start off with like 1/4 or 1/3 of a gram and would I need it every watering?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It's in coco I gave it a feeding on Wed do I just need to give it a very light feed and see how it reacts to it?View attachment 718175
You should give a plant straight tap water for the first month or so until those little round green leaves at the bottom called cotyledons turn yellow and shrivel up, they contain all the fertilizer the plant needs until they die off.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

You should give a plant straight tap water for the first month or so until those little round green leaves at the bottom called cotyledons turn yellow and shrivel up, they contain all the fertilizer the plant needs until they die off.

not when u are in coco coco might as well be hydro u don't grow hydro will plan tap water for a month would you?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
not when u are in coco coco might as well be hydro u don't grow hydro will plan tap water for a month would you?
Yes...lol, what do you do start feeding them from the get go in hydro...?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
All plants have cotyledons not just cannabis, any plant will survive just fine in plain water for the first month or so. After the cotyledons die off and shrivel up the plant will start to lighten in color a bit, signaling that it's time to start light feedings...

bongzaway

bongzaway

Why all the guess work ? Just flush them and start back up. Guessing and adding shit almost always makes thing worse. And check your pH of the soil and the water. You can add all the stuff you want but if the pH is off it ain;t gonna change anything but make things worse. KISS.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It's in coco I gave it a feeding on Wed do I just need to give it a very light feed and see how it reacts to it?View attachment 718175
With coco most guys that are successful feed everytime. Coco believe it or not is a form of hydroponics. So you feed eveytime. I would suggest you lose that 20-20-20 that mix is way too hot unless you are going to dilute it accordingly. Feed that gurl she looks to be wanting N and some other issues may be at hand as well. Find your self a reliable coco feed and remember that plant is young so you want to start low and ramp up as she gains mass.

Never let coco dry completly. And feed with every watering. There is a great coco forum here I would suggest you check it out and glean all the information you can from guys that are killn it in coco.
@DrMcSkunkins I have always enjoyed your input, but I am not sure where you are coming from with your suggestion that the cotyledons will be sufficient for nutrition for a month or more. Especially in coco. You can with a good quality soil get away with a month of no ferts but again not in coco!! peace

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
ty @jumpincactus for mirroring what I said hehe
Had to as your were spot on bro. :D But the Doc aint no slouch either and has contributed a lot to this site. I just think he missed that dude was in coco. ;)

Top Bottom