Can't Figure Out What's Wrong 1st Grow

• Thread starter Nugrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Had to as your were spot on bro. :D But the Doc aint no slouch either and has contributed a lot to this site. I just think he missed that dude was in coco. ;)
I thought so to but pointed it out on here and on other peoples threads where he is still saying the same thing
so far been told to not give nute or ph coco and u don't give hydro set up nute just tap water for about 30-40 days

im thinking I want some of what ever he is smoking must be some dank lol

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe he will pop in to defend his position. :D Where you at @DrMcSkunkins ???

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

You should give a plant straight tap water for the first month or so until those little round green leaves at the bottom called cotyledons turn yellow and shrivel up, they contain all the fertilizer the plant needs until they die off.
have u ever grown matos?

Nugrower1

Nugrower1

I appreciate all the input people i think my problem was the feed was to concentrated. I would water first and then mix up a little feed on maybe 8 ounces of water, watered this morning with the same amount of feed but mixed it with and entire gallon

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I grow in coco and I give mine straight tap water until the cotyledons die off, if you look in his pics he still has green cotyledons. All plants coco, hydro, or dirt should be given straight un pHed water until the cotyledons start to die off and the plant lightens up, signaling that it's time to start light feeding. I know that some hydro guys start feeding early but it is NOT necessary, the cotyledons contain ALL the nutrients the plant needs for the first month or so.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I've been giving my seedlings un pHed tap water for years and the only time I have EVER had a deficiency on a seedling is when the dirt was too old, the dirt was too hot, or I gave them nutes before the cotyledons died off. I give mine straight tap water from the pür filter when I don't feel like getting a jug out of the bubble buckets and they still look perfectly green...in coco...

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm doing my first grow about 2 weeks in using 6 23w 6500k cfl for veg at the moment everything was going fine until a couple days ago my plant started looking funny anybody know what it could be? I attached a pic
How is she looking today man?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

if they are feeding the plant nute why are they still so green and the rest of the plant is yellow thought nute the is moved around the plant where the nute comes from that spot starts to look like crap mobile nutes in all that good stuff

Nugrower1

Nugrower1

How is she looking today man?
Here is a pic of her today the leaves look way better the tips are a little yellow but the newer growth looks good
20170710 171901

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I grow in coco and I give mine straight tap water until the cotyledons die off, if you look in his pics he still has green cotyledons. All plants coco, hydro, or dirt should be given straight un pHed water until the cotyledons start to die off and the plant lightens up, signaling that it's time to start light feeding. I know that some hydro guys start feeding early but it is NOT necessary, the cotyledons contain ALL the nutrients the plant needs for the first month or so.
Honestly, wasnt tryn to bust your ballz, I have never heard that. Been runnin dro for lots of years and always started fresh cuts and seed borne at around 200 ppm. Interesting position........ If you have any link sources you can share, by all means do. :D Peace

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Honestly, wasnt tryn to bust your ballz, I have never heard that. Been runnin dro for lots of years and always started fresh cuts and seed borne at around 200 ppm. Interesting position........ If you have any link sources you can share, by all means do. :D Peace
I'm sure I read it here years ago on my first account, been doing it that way ever since and never had a problem with a seedling other than pests. I wait until the cotyledons start to yellow and then give them light feedings. They are sometimes 5 nodes high and ready to top/transplant before they need fed(saves money).I think it depends on how good/big the cotyledons are, some need fed a lot sooner than others.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm sure I read it here years ago on my first account, been doing it that way ever since and never had a problem with a seedling other than pests. I wait until the cotyledons start to yellow and then give them light feedings. They are sometimes 5 nodes high and ready to top/transplant before they need fed(saves money).I think it depends on how good/big the cotyledons are, some need fed a lot sooner than others.

Thanks for sharing. Will have to research it out.

Top Bottom