Can't get my watering pH straight after adding CalMag.

• Thread starter luiz9733
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry for the delay on my feedback, I was running some tests before posting again. So I ordered a phosphoric acid solution (food grade) and tried to adjust my watering pH after adding Calmag.

So my tap water is only 63ppm and a pH of 7.2
View attachment 1191746View attachment 1191747

Adding Calmag bumps it to 168ppm and a pH of 8.4
View attachment 1191748View attachment 1191749View attachment 1191750

I diluted one drop of phosphoric acid into some water and added to the calmat solution until pH reaches the desired 6.4, it also raised the ppm to 187.
View attachment 1191751View attachment 1191752

12 hours later I checked the pH again and found it sitting at 6.5, that's good enough for my needs and way better than the results I was getting using the fish tank solution which was unable to keep a stable pH for more than a few minutes. I'll let it sit for another 12h and test again but to me it's case closed, thank you all for your help!
View attachment 1191753
I'd retest the drift after adding your nutrients amd 24 hrs just to be sure. If it's good then you have enough alkalinity 50-100ppm is ideal. So possibly you have it. If the tap was 30ppm as was stated there would be no way it wouldn't rise at least 0.3 over 24 hrs and likely more.

I say this because nutrients are generally acidic and can impact your PH drift by changing ratios.

Hope it works out for ya though.

lbezy

lbezy

+1. Keep cooking supplies in the kitchen. Same with lemon juice. Get some proper buffers if you're going to be serious about growing. They're cheap and do exactly what one expects them to.
Or baking soda up , vinager down šŸ˜Ž

S

spab

obviously you didn't, or you did and didn't comprehend what you read. it's simple chemistry you're dealing with, and it's new members like you that argue with the information you're given that make people like me and other long time members quit answering threads like this. go figure it out for yourself. you've been given the answers you need. if you're too dense to accept what you're being told, that's on you. good luck.
love this an your right if peeps dont listen and dont do as advised, esp when there newbies, i can see why peeps get pissed, i will take that on board big man good advise taken

Latest posts

Top Bottom