can't get the soil ph level up to 6.0-6.5, any tips?

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I live a sheltered life, lol.

I recently read in Treating Yourself Magazine?( or may have been High Times) that Israel has one of the biggest grow facilities for MMJ. It's fucking huge.

lmao...:) yeah there are huge operations over here, fucking grow houses in the size of a football field man... really amazing setups... having said that, quality is shit in general... everybody complains about low grade kb's, and it still costs 25$ a gram... almost all kb's in israel are coming from these legal operations-via-patients-to-smokers...

the parameters for medicinal weed here are: 12% thc (morons dont specify but i presume its thc d9) and seedless.

G

Garden of Dreams

LMFAO!:D be careful about talkin' shit about israeli agriculture man...

regarding the ph correction... whats the benefit of watering with 8.0 ph level water? wont that defeat the purpose of neutralizing the lockout by flushing out the salts?

The benefit is a ph balance, if your ph is low adding 8 will bring it up, the end result is what you want.
your plants are prolly locked ot, ph balance and water is all that will correct this, then re introduce nutes at 1/2 strength when the plant starts uptaking again. to many flushes, to low ph, the plants are gonna be stressing hard,
once they lock up its hard to get them back and vigorous.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

The benefit is a ph balance, if your ph is low adding 8 will bring it up, the end result is what you want.
your plants are prolly locked ot, ph balance and water is all that will correct this, then re introduce nutes at 1/2 strength when the plant starts uptaking again. to many flushes, to low ph, the plants are gonna be stressing hard,
once they lock up its hard to get them back and vigorous.

so you dont recommend flushing with 30%-50% nutes level?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I personally would get your ph balanced first then feed I mean if they're nute locked they aren't gonna take what your giving em anyway.

as of my last check, ph is balanced @ 6.5, and as i said, plant is blooming nicely last couple of days so i assume that flushing helped flush out the excessive salts in the soil, and in some degree, neutralized the lockout. i'll do another runoff check soon and decide how to proceed with feeding according to the results.

G

Garden of Dreams

Less is more bro, if there buffering out at 6.5 and looking better then yes feed them. Maybe start out at 1/3 strength then build back up. Another thing I advise is to not use oh up and down if at all possible, use your nutes to do a ph dance, I can lower ph with A1 flora Vino and raise ph with A1 Soil Inprove Humic. P isn't even availble under 6.0. I like 6.3-7.5 for my Organic Soil runs.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You should check the ph of your soil before planting so you don't run into this problem in the future. You can then add garden/dolomite lime to balance the ph so you don't have to compensate when watering during your entire grow.

You got some good advice from alot of people so good luck.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

did some more runoff tests, soil stays on the 6.4-6.5 range, started feeding @ 1/2 strength, and she's looking better...

IMG 1302

flowers are starting to pop out...

IMG 1308

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thats very hard to judge by looking at pics, I said that based on the fact that most 8 week strains indoors are ready the 1st week of October. You should invest in a jewelers loope thats 30x or more magnification, I use a 100x magnifier but it doesn't have to be that powerful to see the trichomes. Once most of the trichomes get cloudy with some amber colored ones, its done IMO. If you can't get a loope then just go by when the breeder says to harvest because they are most likely more accurate then what you think by looking at the buds. It's nothing against you, but I tried to harvest without looking at the triches and its just not accurate. The way the buds look and the coler of the hairs can be deceiving and it will make you think there done when there not or there not done when they are.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Thats very hard to judge by looking at pics, I said that based on the fact that most 8 week strains indoors are ready the 1st week of October. You should invest in a jewelers loope thats 30x or more magnification, I use a 100x magnifier but it doesn't have to be that powerful to see the trichomes. Once most of the trichomes get cloudy with some amber colored ones, its done IMO. If you can't get a loope then just go by when the breeder says to harvest because they are most likely more accurate then what you think by looking at the buds. It's nothing against you, but I tried to harvest without looking at the triches and its just not accurate. The way the buds look and the coler of the hairs can be deceiving and it will make you think there done when there not or there not done when they are.

:) already have one bro; x200, got it from ebay for 20$... here are some shots i took 2day, they're pretty blurry... its hard shooting a live plant with that thing... have to work on my skills:cool: ;

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They look cloudy in the pics, but that could be because of the blur. I never harvest until I start to see some amber trichs, not alot of them but around 10%. Then the majority of the other trichs should be milky/cloudy. Good luck bro.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

They look cloudy in the pics, but that could be because of the blur. I never harvest until I start to see some amber trichs, not alot of them but around 10%. Then the majority of the other trichs should be milky/cloudy. Good luck bro.

they're mainly clear... i'm aiming for the heaviest narcotic high possible so i'll probably wait until they'll be at least 50% amber... prob another two weeks or so for that one...:) thanks buddy!

Top Bottom