can't get the soil ph level up to 6.0-6.5, any tips?

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SodaLicious

SodaLicious

its a garden mix soil, supposed to be the best pre-mixed soil on the market here...

That's a pretty vague answer!! Can you fill me in a little more on what amendments are in it? How much perlite/coco/whatever is in your mix?

Haggardass

Haggardass

quarter strength for sure then work your way back up. I personally never went above 3/4 strength with my nutes, but I also used fox farms, but they run hot.

Haggardass

Haggardass

That's a pretty vague answer!! Can you fill me in a little more on what amendments are in it? How much perlite/coco/whatever is in your mix?

He might not know, if its pre mixed in a bag hes got no idea how much is in it.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

O.k. so I have a question about flushing. I've never fed my plants enough water at one time that much more than a little drizzle comes out the bottom. I grow in 3 gal pots, so I am supposed to flush that with 9 gal water? seems ridiculous, also I use sunshine #4 maybe that's the reason everything seems to work with a feed feed feed water water cycle? I am going to do a "flush" tomorrow and check the run-off, something I also haven't ever done, and see what ppms and ph is like.

So to my question, do you really pour that much water through your pots, and how long will it usually take for them to dry out after? i water everyday, the pots feel light every morning, so they get enough water to give them a little weight, am I doing something wrong?

Haggardass

Haggardass

So to my question, do you really pour that much water through your pots. Yes, I grew from 1 gallon pots all the way up to five, 15 gallons of water minimum for those things, sucked ass took a long fuckin time lol.

how long will it usually take for them to dry out after? depends on how big the plants are, that constitutes how much they drink, also temps and humidity play a role and air circulation, if it takes a few days dont panic its no big deal, overwatering happens over a little bit longer period of time (watering everyday for a week without any soil dry time) as long as theyre drying out even if its slowly they should be fine.

i water everyday, the pots feel light every morning, so they get enough water to give them a little weight, am I doing something wrong? As long as the pots are dry your not doing anything wrong, when i grew in 1 gallon pots i had two foot tall plants and I had an auto watering system it would kick on right when the lights came on, run for an hour then stop, every single day they were drinking that water up, I personally prefered that over the five gallon buckets and i was still getting three zips per plant with one month veg, I would run the plants till they were damn near root bound then flip the switch the lights on em, never went root bound had maximum potential with a 600 watt hps, I miss those simple days lol one thing i did was every time i watered i would run like 2 gallons of water through them, sort of like a semi flush every watering it helped wash out salts that were loosely in the soil. Also another thing i liked to do that never seemed to have any adverse affects was let them droop a little from lack of water, only in veg tho and only when your not doing a feeding, never feed a bone dry dying of thirst plant itll suck those nutes right up and burn the shit out of them ive seen it.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

i would have from the start but i don't have exact amounts... but i can tell you it contains peat, coco,
tufa and more (micro elements) i can list the entire nutrient composition but no amounts....

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i would have from the start but i don't have exact amounts... but i can tell you it contains peat, coco,
tufa and more (micro elements) i can list the entire nutrient composition but no amounts....

How about the name on the bag and I will do my own research?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

How about the name on the bag and I will do my own research?

thanks for that bro but you cant. its a local Israeli brand and they don't release these kind of specs. believe me dude i did my own research and even called their main offices and spoke with 10 different people.... no results.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

quarter strength for sure then work your way back up. I personally never went above 3/4 strength with my nutes, but I also used fox farms, but they run hot.

well my tap is about 400 ppm so 1/4 strength of their current feed is impossible... what do you say about 600 ppm/0.85 ec (about 55% of the current feed)? you think it'll be safe?

Haggardass

Haggardass

Are you saying 600 total? or 1000 total i never added the ppms of my water I always scratched that out started at 0 but my ppms for my tap was only about 75 on a bad day usually about 50 so it was minuscule compared to 400. Shit man grab a few jugs and go collect some river water lol

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

thanks for that bro but you cant. its a local Israeli brand and they don't release these kind of specs. believe me dude i did my own research and even called their main offices and spoke with 10 different people.... no results.

Holy Cow, Israel?? that's crazy..... no wonder you have no info....

K

kolah

No listing of ingredients? What about for food items?

G

Garden of Dreams

water with 8.0, balance you ph right up, Its a dance my friend, hit her at 8, ck her run off, adjust accordingly,
if you start at 4.5 and you hit it with 8 you should end up somewhere in between. israelly nutes? Id be scared!!!

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

water with 8.0, balance you ph right up, Its a dance my friend, hit her at 8, ck her run off, adjust accordingly,
if you start at 4.5 and you hit it with 8 you should end up somewhere in between. israelly nutes? Id be scared!!!

LMFAO!:D be careful about talkin' shit about israeli agriculture man...

regarding the ph correction... whats the benefit of watering with 8.0 ph level water? wont that defeat the purpose of neutralizing the lockout by flushing out the salts?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

No listing of ingredients? What about for food items?

lol/ it's not a third world country dude..:) but it is lame that publishing a full list of ingredients % isn't a standard with these local products. from the info that i do know, and from talking to many local farmers using it, i think its pretty good soil.

although i knew from the start that my soil composition is lacking, i thought i'd be able to compensate by adjusting feeding during the grow. so far so good! i had no deficiencies what so ever, except this one: number 5, which had some harsh deficiencies (and what i think to be a genetic deformity) along the way...

since the flush she looks much better, a real noticeable improvement in blooming... she's not out of the danger zone yet but i'm optimistic...

i hope she'll continue to improve cause by judging her size, i think she was supposed to be my biggest yielder.

K

kolah

I live a sheltered life, lol.

I recently read in Treating Yourself Magazine?( or may have been High Times) that Israel has one of the biggest grow facilities for MMJ. It's fucking huge.

Top Bottom