Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

I think a lot of the strains out there that are "modern" were created to appeal to the same people who like cherry flavored nicotine e in their vapes. I'll be the first to admit that I have been stunned more than once by honest to god baking smells, fruit orchards, and god damn it something died in there skunk, coming out of my flowering areas. So I'm not knocking it lol! But we talked about it the other day, that nostalgia of yesteryear like.... you walk into a room and the unmistakable reek of weed smashed you in the face. Jacker Herrer, NL5, White Widow, any original real skunk. But this new stuff by HSC, Hazeman, and BOG? God almighty damn do those plants put out a completely different thing... Idk. I've been in my own bubble for so damned long that this is like a whole new world for me.
Hey M , BOG , not new .......bought seeds from him about 20 years ago ....just sayin

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Bog did some strong work with the bubblegum and blueberry , then some diesels ....always had nice plants and he was one of the main grow advisors on the overgrow forum back in the day ..
See I love stuff like this. I had no idea about the history with the old forums and stuff. I was on different forums back then lol (video game stuff mostly...and web dev).

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hey M , BOG , not new .......bought seeds from him about 20 years ago ....just sayin
Oh no man. I wasn't referring to BOG as new. I was saying they are my current obsession. But errr... I have boots that are older than 20 years... :D They are WELL known for their foundation bubblegum for sure. I've finally scored some Sour Bubble and it's going down a couple of runs from now. That's going to be a treasured momma for sure.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I think a lot of the strains out there that are "modern" were created to appeal to the same people who like cherry flavored nicotine e in their vapes. I'll be the first to admit that I have been stunned more than once by honest to god baking smells, fruit orchards, and god damn it something died in there skunk, coming out of my flowering areas. So I'm not knocking it lol! But we talked about it the other day, that nostalgia of yesteryear like.... you walk into a room and the unmistakable reek of weed smashed you in the face. Jacker Herrer, NL5, White Widow, any original real skunk. But this new stuff by HSC, Hazeman, and BOG? God almighty damn do those plants put out a completely different thing... Idk. I've been in my own bubble for so damned long that this is like a whole new world for me.
Sorry mh ...I'm already buzzed , maybe I read it wrong 😜

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Sorry mh ...I'm already buzzed , maybe I read it wrong 😜
Hahahaha! We're both stoned. I was talking about the NEW stuff from BOG like Sweet & Sour Cindy and other strains. Hazeman has awesome Kush stuff. I'm about to run their Killer Queen x Blowfish and LA Pure Kush in my next round. That's coming soon because I've got 6 plant in flower that are nearing the end... :D I wish I could get a hold of BOG' original bubblegum. And then HSC has their new stuff like Vanilla Frosting (not growing it), but they also have classics like Sour Diesel, Headband crosses, Jack Herrer, etc. I'm all OCD'd on Pineapple Muffin, Squirt, and Purple Mountain Majesty. The real reason is they all have a type of trainwreak and blueberrry muffin in them. And those two strains together are intense glue if you let them go long enough.

sshz

sshz

Was that the one where the breeder also had seriously bad vibes?

Yup......he has a 3 page rap sheet. Everything for abusing animals, beating up girlfriends, using guns in the commission of a criminal acts, many hard drug arrests, etc., etc. He's done some serious prison time. His entire rap sheet was posted on the one of the pot threads, I kind of copied and pasted it to numerous others.

He's also screwed over many partners, as Ethos started as a group of growers, he was more the lead out-front guy. Slowly he grew more, pushed people out and never paid them. If you find the right thread, he's hated by many in the industry. He's also a blowhard, and expects people to kiss up to him. Alpha-fem's (his feminized seeds) are the joke of the industry. LOL

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yup......he has a 3 page rap sheet. Everything for abusing animals, beating up girlfriends, using guns in the commission of a criminal acts, many hard drug arrests, etc., etc. He's done some serious prison time. His entire rap sheet was posted on the one of the pot threads, I kind of copied and pasted it to numerous others.

He's also screwed over many partners, as Ethos started as a group of growers, he was more the lead out-front guy. Slowly he grew more, pushed people out and never paid them. If you find the right thread, he's hated by many in the industry. He's also a blowhard, and expects people to kiss up to him. Alpha-fem's (his feminized seeds) are the joke of the industry. LOL
Yeah, all things being equal, I think I won't invite any of that dude's karma into my life. Sheesh.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
And BOG's stuff is really good......he's a solid breeder. Also check out www.peakseedsbc.com- he has some very good NL hybrids, people love his stuff but no fem's.
Yeouch... re ethos. Right that alphafem thing threw me. Like wtf is that.

How do you feel about Bohdi?

sshz

sshz

I think Bodhi is one the best out there........ it's a shame he does fem's so infrequently.

Alpha-fems..........I could be wrong but I think it's about stressing female plants to produce male parts and pollen and producing seeds that way. His web site, www.ethosgenetics.com has a lot of info on there, some of it is pretty good. Ethos has a newer strain out called White Wedding that looks promising for the future. I'm waiting to see some grows and if there are any hermie issues.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Yeouch... re ethos. Right that alphafem thing threw me. Like wtf is that.

How do you feel about Bohdi?

Funny I was just gonna ask this exact some question. I see a lot of hashy crosses coming out from Bohdi that I've been tempted to pull the trigger on

sshz

sshz

He's very solid, I can't ever remember reading 1 bad review on his stuff. I've done a variety, all single plants years back and they were all worthy, in their own way. He used to do a fem here and there, but I haven't seen any the last couple of years. A lot of breeders prefer to breed and grow sativa's and sativa hybrids- Bodhi doesn't shy away from indica's and I give him credit for that.

sshz

sshz

And since we're talking about Ethos......here Colin's guarantee about THC numbers with his Inzane in the Membrane......

E9F6795E CEE6 4536 977B A3E81369BDDF

sshz

sshz

Now what you may not know is he offered anyone 100 free packs of seeds to any if they could win a cup with it. So people rushed to start growing it, and guess what- the 3 THC analysis reports I saw came back at 14%, 18% and another one low 20's. There was a very rare "Haze" leaning pheno that went 13 weeks flowering and was killer, the rest were disappointing and the hyped up "BUZZ" around the strain dove straight off the cliff into the toilet. It's discontinued now..........

sshz

sshz

You can also go back to RIU and see my grow threads on Member Berry and Apex........there's numerous others but I mention these two because they both had incredible bag appeal. But both strains had no high- I think the strains were supposed to come in around 25%- I doubt they reached 15%. And don't say user error- both couldn't have been grown any better than they were. Find the threads- pic's are worth a 1000 words.

So, I slowly soured doing Ethos stuff.......one occasional disappoint I understand and will accept- with Ethos, they were building up grow after grow.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
You can also go back to RIU and see my grow threads on Member Berry and Apex........there's numerous others but I mention these two because they both had incredible bag appeal. But both strains had no high- I think the strains were supposed to come in around 25%- I doubt they reached 15%. And don't say user error- both couldn't have been grown any better than they were. Find the threads- pic's are worth a 1000 words.

So, I slowly soured doing Ethos stuff.......one occasional disappoint I understand and will accept- with Ethos, they were building up grow after grow.
Got it. Thanks for all of that. Ethos can suck it. If you grew it and it was weak, respectfully... fuck them. BOG and Bodhi are next then... :) Definitely appreciate the insights.

Top Bottom