Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sshz

sshz

My last post as I have my own thread to post this stuff.........people ask me, if I had 1 strain (that's available) to recommend, what would it be..........

DNA's "Holy Grail Kush". I absolutely loved this strain- high THC, great yields, easy to grow, hard and dense buds, and stinky beyond stink. It got very high marks in every category. There is only 1 reason I don't grow it- the smell. My house stunk so bad when it was done, I had to fumigate. An 11 on a scale to 10. The only thing I could compare it to is Road Kill Skunk. They call it Holy Grail for a reason.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
My last post as I have my own thread to post this stuff.........people ask me, if I had 1 strain (that's available) to recommend, what would it be..........

DNA's "Holy Grail Kush". I absolutely loved this strain- high THC, great yields, easy to grow, hard and dense buds, and stinky beyond stink. It got very high marks in every category. There is only 1 reason I don't grow it- the smell. My house stunk so bad when it was done, I had to fumigate. An 11 on a scale to 10. The only thing I could compare it to is Road Kill Skunk. They call it Holy Grail for a reason.

Any good US seedbank carry it (o e more lol...)?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I'm mildly tumescent

sshz

sshz

Numerous U.S. places carry DNA, the trick is to find who carry's what you want. I think these guys are out of Maine.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I had to look the word up......LOL

TAKE A COLD SHOWER!
In all seriousness though if you could describe my perfect plant you just about did it with that description. I'm a big nose junky and I've been looking for another dead skunk smelling pheno ever since this Sour Diesel I got in Vermont in college about 10 years ago. I couldn't wash that smell out of my backpack for a month and I would KILL to run a crop of something like that and pull oil off it.

Question though - why do we prefer hard dense nugs? Is that a smokeability thing? I wonder if that's not actually less desirable from a hash-making standpoint as more surface area would mean more potential space for trichrome heads?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
In all seriousness though if you could describe my perfect plant you just about did it with that description. I'm a big nose junky and I've been looking for another dead skunk smelling pheno ever since this Sour Diesel I got in Vermont in college about 10 years ago. I couldn't wash that smell out of my backpack for a month and I would KILL to run a crop of something like that and pull oil off it.

Question though - why do we prefer hard dense nugs? Is that a smokeability thing? I wonder if that's not actually less desirable from a hash-making standpoint as more surface area would mean more potential space for trichrome heads?

Easiest way to explain... take a spongy nug, dump it on your grinder and dump it out in a small pile on your coffee table. Take a rock hard nug about the same size as the spongy nug, grind it, and dump that large pile out next to the small pile. That's why :)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

I think it's fine either way for hash. Both dense and fluffier can have a ton of resin.

For instance, i have these coming for free (no idea if i will ever plant them). I got them with some Master Kush seeds i just bought. Also got some free afghan landrace stuff, which i might try down the line.

Screenshot 20201110 184325

Last edited:
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Easiest way to explain... take a spongy nug, dump it on your grinder and dump it out in a small pile on your coffee table. Take a rock hard nug about the same size as the spongy nug, grind it, and dump that large pile out next to the small pile. That's why :)

Makes total sense!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think it's fine either way for hash. Both dense and fluffier can have a ton of resin.

For instance, i have these coming for free (no idea if i will ever plant them). I got them with some Master Kush seeds i just bought. Also got some free afghan landrace stuff which i might try down the line.

View attachment 1054337

ooooh whose master kush did you buy?

sshz

sshz

Or saying it another way, “more weight”!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Or saying it another way, “more weight”!

Has to be weight why they were chosen as “best” or “top shelf” but really a nice styrophome texture makes for a much better smoke in my opinion. Smoked as a flower.

beluga

beluga

Has to be weight why they were chosen as “best” or “top shelf” but really a nice styrophome texture makes for a much better smoke in my opinion. Smoked as a flower.
I'm not a punch-you-in-the-face potency guy. I.e. I don't usually care too much for concentrates, extracts, etc.
I love bud on the fluffier side because of the ease of handling (packing a bowl, rolling a joint) and the burn properties. I also think the organoleptic nuances come through much better when you don't have decimate your nugs.
I can get down on the rock hard stuff, but it's more hassle IMO.
Really, just like my eggs, I want them done perfectly in-between...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Roots through the bottom of a couple of peat pots today! Interesting it's widows I see so far...

Pics in the AM along with how i plan to do the next stage....going to 1 gals instead of three for the first bit of veg....also going to treat haze plants quite differently from widow because they have such different nitrogen requirements.

Fudge

Fudge

sorry for the intrusion , just Ive Got a nice rep from Royal Queen Seeds taking a look over my stuff, hopefully likes what they see and ill have some nice new genetics gifted to me to grow soon. just if your not busy, take a look at my latest thread , maybe like a post or 2 just to show theres decent numbers viewing my stuff.
Thanks @Milson and anyone who cares to take a peek

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Roots through the bottom of a couple of peat pots today! Interesting it's widows I see so far...

Pics in the AM along with how i plan to do the next stage....going to 1 gals instead of three for the first bit of veg....also going to treat haze plants quite differently from widow because they have such different nitrogen requirements.
So I think I am going to hold my water on transplanting until I see more consistent root growth through the peat pots. Should only be another couple days now.

Hopefully I will get a chance to prepare the pots today anyway though. Still tinkering with exactly how I want to do it.

The question, I think, comes down to the ratio of the layers. Thinking I will go heavier on soil and lighter on the coco layer this round...and for the haze I think I am just going to do nutrition only through the soil and not add any liquid nutes at all....that is how Ace recommends to grow them outdoors since they are so finicky about nutes......I figure a system of a nutrient rich soil layer below a sparser top layer is probably close to the way the natural habitat would be anyway....if I can get a good ecosystem of microbes in there and just let the plant handle its own business that might be best. Not like I am trying to get the max out of these babies...i just want them healthy.

The black widow I think I can treat like I have been treating my other strains and it will be good.

Top Bottom