Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Started UVB today with the focus on widow. Just twenty minutes... I am going to take tomorrow off and just really ease into this.

Subjectively, the smell is different after one session. Could just be the plant age of course. Mind playing tricks. But....😉

Fudge

Fudge

Started UVB today with the focus on widow. Just twenty minutes... I am going to take tomorrow off and just really ease into this.

Subjectively, the smell is different after one session. Could just be the plant age of course. Mind playing tricks. But....😉

Even just in a bro sciencey type way I've always thought it made sense, expose buds to UVB, plant responds by putting on sunscreen.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You are using the Reptisun right?

Madmax

Madmax

Man i hate to have your weather.i bitch and moan when its 6deg here lol....nice here right now.we are 3336 miles from antartica..
20210221 120017

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
These things are so weird.

Sorry i am high and contemplating. But I lol at something like this and I think "well plant, it's definitely a play."

And ya know, that's all the plant is doing. Making bets based on what it's sensing (with way more senses than we have, depending how you define sense) and hoping for the best.

IMG 20210220 234536504
IMG 20210220 234604089
IMG 20210220 234613598

Seems to be working just fine i guess. And they don't suffer from crippling self-doubt and its cousin, unexplainable guilt!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This one:
These things are so weird.

Sorry i am high and contemplating. But I lol at something like this and I think "well plant, it's definitely a play."

And ya know, that's all the plant is doing. Making bets based on what it's sensing (with way more senses than we have, depending how you define sense) and hoping for the best.

View attachment 1094136View attachment 1094137View attachment 1094138

Seems to be working just fine i guess. And they don't suffer from crippling self-doubt and its cousin, unexplainable guilt!
those look to be 2 feet long. I’m impressed with the structural capabilities.

I know those are called succulents but what are they good for? Do you eat them?

Hey I went for a dive on your uvb bulb. These small ones could be helpful for testing. There are quite a few people saying they have significant uvc so please be careful. I ended up ordering these cards to help me detect any in my system.
https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-ReptiGlo-10-0-watts/dp/B00101GDIG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QMB3WN8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EVRV80K7E532319GA69J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This is a well-done treatment of a concept i enjoy tossing around in my brain (the logistic map...can be used to model many things in nature).

ive been thinking about this all night. My brain is too porous to really understand it or the significance. I liken the 4.66 to Einstein’s cosmological constant. And pi.

seems like there are a ton of these mathematical rabbit holes to explore when you use equations to define the natural world.

I read them and kinda understand them but I am certain I am missing the big picture.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
those look to be 2 feet long. I’m impressed with the structural capabilities.

I know those are called succulents but what are they good for? Do you eat them?
They are ornamental. My wife enjoys them.

I did see the uvc claims on amazon....i just don't believe them....i think my plants would have shown effects in my past use.... But i don't mess with the tent at all while the bulb is on because uvb is enough for me to avoid. And thank you for the warning as that would be big bad.

I did order the cards just in case 😉

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
ive been thinking about this all night. My brain is too porous to really understand it or the significance. I liken the 4.66 to Einstein’s cosmological constant. And pi.

seems like there are a ton of these mathematical rabbit holes to explore when you use equations to define the natural world.

I read them and kinda understand them but I am certain I am missing the big picture.
I find it aesthetically pleasing as much as anything. Like listening to bach's well-tempered clavier or some other crystalline music (except it's god, who is better than bach). Emergent beauty to me.

That this can be used with any single hump equation is sooooooo cool.

For instance, the paper on uvb. They show that the more uvb exposure, the more thc. But that obviously has to have diminishing returns at some point, right? And eventually it's too much.....now it's lowering thc.....and if the descent is as smooth as the ascent, then where does it settle? Seems it has to just be at one max....

But what about something that bifurcates and doesn't settle? Evolutionarily.....

Lately I have also been thinking about it re: genetics and rates of protein creation though. Nothing useful, just dreaming about different distributions.....

My wife makes fun of me for my rich internal life lol

🐰🕳️👻🤷‍♂️🤠🧐🧙‍♂️🙃

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I find it aesthetically pleasing as much as anything. Like listening to bach's well-tempered clavier or some other crystalline music (except it's god, who is better than bach). Emergent beauty to me.

That this can be used with any single hump equation is sooooooo cool.

For instance, the paper on uvb. They show that the more uvb exposure, the more thc. But that obviously has to have diminishing returns at some point, right? And eventually it's too much.....now it's lowering thc.....and if the descent is as smooth as the ascent, then can that be modelled as a single hump equation? And if so......

Lately I have also been thinking about it re: genetics and rates of protein creation though. Nothing useful, just dreaming about different distributions.....

My wife makes fun of me for my rich internal life lol

🐰🕳👻🤷‍♂️🤠🧐🧙‍♂️🙃
I’m just trying to keep up.

talking to you helps me get out of my head a little bit on the black and white science stuff and embrace a different side of life, I’ll call it beauty for lack of a better term at the moment. Maybe beauty in philosophy? Observing the intricacy of nature? I dunno, you name it.

another example is with modern technology I have virtually every musical piece written available to me pumped into my grow space with voice control, yet I only ever play the same classic rock play list while working down there. My favorite is Rush. I hadn’t considered Bach maybe since high school? But we are gonna see how the girls enjoy a little classical today as I open my mind and horizons to new stimulus. Everyone could use a dose milson fromtime to time to challenge the status quo

I think you are the only one I regularly read where I know I need 2 browsers open, the second being google where Ihave to spend time piecing your meaning together and learn about new subjects.

I would really consider doing a milson podcast. I know people would be interested.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I’m just trying to keep up.

talking to you helps me get out of my head a little bit on the black and white science stuff and embrace a different side of life, I’ll call it beauty for lack of a better term at the moment. Maybe beauty in philosophy? Observing the intricacy of nature? I dunno, you name it.

another example is with modern technology I have virtually every musical piece written available to me pumped into my grow space with voice control, yet I only ever play the same classic rock play list while working down there. My favorite is Rush. I hadn’t considered Bach maybe since high school? But we are gonna see how the girls enjoy a little classical today as I open my mind and horizons to new stimulus. Everyone could use a dose milson fromtime to time to challenge the status quo

I think you are the only one I regularly read where I know I need 2 browsers open, the second being google where Ihave to spend time piecing your meaning together and learn about new subjects.

I would really consider doing a milson podcast. I know people would be interested.
Again, you flatter me. Thank you sincerely.

What is your favorite Rush album?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Again, you flatter me. Thank you sincerely.

What is your favorite Rush album?

I can’t possibly choose. It’s a progression. Neil Peart has a mind like no other and you can see him change with age thru his lyrics. Amazing guy, terrible loss when he recently passed.
And then there are the songs like la villa and yyz with no lyrics that few bands can even play. Truly masters of their form.

Top Bottom