Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm not going to rail against the capitalistic condition we find ourselves (at least is was capitalism at one point), I'm just happy things are loosening up. prior to 2018, I could not legally grow here. I'll take what I can get and let the public get served any way possible. Some people need dispensaries. I know I can't grow enough for everyone.

The very best way to consume weed is the one you have access to.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm not going to rail against the capitalistic condition we find ourselves (at least is was capitalism at one point), I'm just happy things are loosening up.
I desperately want to hurry up and get the people who are actually good at things to try to make weed work in a traditional way. My contempt for the people in this industry right now is just because they are bad at what they do, not because they are trying to make money. The demand is so pent up that even their pathetic dick trip of an attempt at supply is enough to basically print money.

Once society gets a real attempt at this, that brings us closer to the real revolution w.r.t. this plant i think.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Well, it can't be completely free without people donating and/or volunteering. But, I think if the profit was eliminated, it could get pretty close.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well, it can't be completely free without people donating and/or volunteering. But, I think if the profit was eliminated, it could get pretty close.
One model that interests me is similar to the way dog breeding works.

If the law lets that model compete against a more centralized model, the dog breeder model wins every time imo.

Whole lotta puppies you can get for free.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It will be a great day when weed is sold and traded at the farmers market. I'd gladly trade buds for fresh tomatoes.

we used to have those during our medical caregiver years. All good things come to an end with legal recreational weed.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Do you mean like people grow tomatoes in the back yard today?
No, i mean like big corp. Maybe Bev? Pharma? I want to see serious people try. The "big" players in the industry now are just.....

I know an attorney who handles a lot of cannabis work in Michigan (business side.....the contracts involved).

Yes, we are talking about a few million here and there...maybe you get to eight figures...but these just aren't the best and brightest.

And it shows.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
@Milson , First question:

You are in charge of the US policy as it regards all cannabis. What do you implement day 1?
God forbid i ever be in charge of anything......but i think a successful policy achieves the following goals.

1. Releases any and all impediments to research at both the institutional and amateur scale.

2. Finds justice for people affected by prohibition as regards incarceration etc.

3. Educates consumers about the health and safety effects of the plant's consumption, especially mixing with other drugs such as alcohol.

4. The government stays the fuck out of your house/off your property.

5. Provides some recourse for consumers against false claims and other snake oil that have meaningful harm while still allowing products to be sold at farmer's markets etc. If you get sick from consuming weed with a bunch of pesticides on it or whatever, you should have recourse. Perhaps the loosest version of a craft brewer model?

6. Public consumption is a local issue. Private is not (same with growing....this falls under the "unless i am harming someone, stay the hell out of my house" philosophy).

I am sure I am missing something....

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So it sounds as if de-criminalization and regulation over de-criminalization and de-regulation would be your choice. Basically the Holland approach? If not, can you point to another on the world stage to emulate?

Top Bottom