Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

šŸ™ƒ

I mean, what is it? The self isn't the body even though we point to it in this realm and try to use the language that emerges from our embodied experience to communicate about it, right?

We have this implicit fishhook thing when talking about the self but we are pointing at.....? Like take it out of the spatial realm even. Me vs You? There's still this weird privileging thing going on with ownership....

Melt away that fishhook and melt into the world. Lose the hook.

Because the problem is pointing at all.

Imo.

"I think therefore I am." Traditional wisdom has the self come in when a being becomes sentient. Do you agree?

It sounds like you are envisioning an evolutionary path where humans will achieve the next level like Wifi to wire. What will that society look like, and if you can see even further into the future, what does fully evolved look like?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

"I think therefore I am." Traditional wisdom has the self come in when a being becomes sentient. Do you agree?

It sounds like you are envisioning an evolutionary path where humans will achieve the next level like Wifi to wire. What will that society look like, and if you can see even further into the future, what does fully evolved look like?

10B076D3 BAAF 4801 9AF6 7ECEBFDA5BA4

dire wolf

dire wolf

Again, you flatter me. Thank you sincerely.

What is your favorite Rush album?
Who are these children
Who scream and run wild
Who speak with their wings
And the way that they smile
What are the secrets
They trace in the sky
And why do you tremble
Each time they ride by .....

Throw out your gold teeth
And. See how they roll
The answer they reveal
Life is unreal

Who are these strangers
Who pass through the door
Who cover your action
And go you one more
If you're feelin lucky
You best not refuse
It's your game the rules
Are your own win or loose .....

Steely Dan

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

I think therefore I am assumes "I." It gets you nowhere interesting. I know because a lot of super smart people tried to go somewhere interesting with it and all their work can be summed up as a series of more or less interesting failures to unwind human experience šŸ™ƒ

My essential view is that humanity is not going to pull up from this tailspin and the best i can do is try to be like the michael caine character from children of men. But maybe I'm wrong.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Target is so much classier than wallmart , wtf is wrong with you ?
Lmao individual stores might have more or less class, but brands aren't places. Living in chicago, it's not what brand the store is.....it's where it is. That determines how nice it is inside.

Because stores are run by people, and the binder those people are following does not contain "class." In fact, I'd say it's the binders that are actually interchangeable, not the people/employees if those people are trying.

But....ya know. Crabs in a bucket and all. Whose store display posters are you trying to crawl out of your bucket and into?

Lotta people spend a lot of time picking their picture they're crawling toward, demeaning the others. Get attached.

That bucket is mostly mental though....it can be dissolved away. And then you can scuttle on the damn beach, like a crab should, rather than providing meat for the churn of diners who aim to set you up in games without end.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I think therefore I am assumes "I." It gets you nowhere interesting. I know because a lot of super smart people tried to go somewhere interesting with it and all their work can be summed up as a series of more or less interesting failures to unwind human experience šŸ™ƒ

My essential view is that humanity is not going to pull up from this tailspin and the best i can do is try to be like the michael caine character from children of men. But maybe I'm wrong.

Enter the dark Milson. The one some people find depressing.

For some, ignorance is most certainly bliss. Or perhaps denial?

growsince79

growsince79

I hope you're wrong.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Enter the dark Milson. The one some people find depressing.

For some, ignorance is most certainly bliss. Or perhaps denial?
šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Idk what people think. I have a very hard time figuring out what I think.

I just hate the feeling of "no, don't think THAT." Makes me scared of my mind. I think others hate it too, but idk.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Not to get political or anything, but my country's space agency is about to share a video from another freaking planet in 30 min, and your resident crazy green beach ball is PUMPED.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Not to get political or anything, but my country's space agency is about to share a video from another freaking planet in 30 min, and your resident crazy green beach ball is PUMPED.

That was so freaking awesome. Chills. Jaw dropped.

Like a skydiver with a GoPro landing on MARS!!!!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

šŸ™ƒ

I mean, what is it? The self isn't the body even though we point to it in this realm and try to use the language that emerges from our embodied experience to communicate about it, right?

We have this implicit fishhook thing when talking about the self but we are pointing at.....? Like take it out of the spatial realm even. Me vs You? There's still this weird privileging thing going on with ownership....

Melt away that fishhook and melt into the world. Lose the hook.

Because the problem if you want to get to a dogma free path is pointing at all.

Imo.

You know, I really like warm mud too.

I thought about this sentiment for many spare moments today. If nothing else, you ask very interesting questions that invoke this sort of response.

Milson

I told my wife that sometimes you make my record skip.

If you don't start a podcst, maybe a religion? Wanna be known as the Milsonian shaman?

Latest posts

Top Bottom