Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That was so freaking awesome. Chills. Jaw dropped.

Like a skydiver with a GoPro landing on MARS!!!!

Fucckin amazing. The sheer calculations that went into that, it's like the concept of a trillion dollars. Human minds are not built to understand those kinds of numbers.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Fucckin amazing. The sheer calculations that went into that, it's like the concept of a trillion dollars. Human minds are not built to understand those kinds of numbers.
That level of technical achievement is 21st century sublime.

A team of people shot a freaking vehicle into the sky and managed to land it on mars and i got to watch the video they made of it.

Just......

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You know, I really like warm mud too.

I thought about this sentiment for many spare moments today. If nothing else, you ask very interesting questions that invoke this sort of response.

View attachment 1094821

I told my wife that sometimes you make my record skip.

If you don't start a podcst, maybe a religion? Wanna be known as the Milsonian shaman?
Glad you enjoy them! I find them very useful mind viruses. Like evaluating "this statement is false" as a truth statement kind of circles.

And yeah, I think I'm more of a muttering guy in the corner than a shaman, but again you're very kind. I have thought about youtube series on various topics...done some outlines and graphics....but nothing that holds my interest.

(Incidentally, my wife refers to my collected ponderings as "[My First Name]ism")

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Glad you enjoy them! I find them very useful mind viruses. Like evaluating "this statement is false" as a truth statement kind of circles.
I reject pull requests for these kind of clauses lol not to deviate from the conversation, this just hits a nerve in my code smell linter haha

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Morning @bellumromanum . How is our resident cuddly demonic hulk bear on this lovely day?

Good man! Thanks for asking. Still can't squat or anything but I'm making pretty flowers. Half of them got the chop, the other three to follow soon. I need to update my thread.

Company sponsored my attendance at an expensive certification bootcamp last week and I'm sitting my CISM exam tonight which is neat. Bell gets cert, Bell demands 'salary alignment', Bell spends all his new money on knick knacks for growing pot 🙃 👿

How are you my philosophising friend?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Good man! Thanks for asking. Still can't squat or anything but I'm making pretty flowers. Half of them got the chop, the other three to follow soon. I need to update my thread.

View attachment 1095157

Company sponsored my attendance at an expensive certification bootcamp last week and I'm sitting my CISM exam tonight which is neat. Bell gets cert, Bell demands 'salary alignment', Bell spends all his new money on knick knacks for growing pot 🙃 👿

How are you my philosophising friend?
Chugging through February! Snow is melting and the sun is out....40 degrees outside.

Doing pretty well. Honestly that mars landing video has me feeling better about humanity than i have in a minute.

Your plants look gorgeous! Was just thinking you're probably near chop.

Good luck with the cert! Sounds like a lot of cramming.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Chugging through February! Snow is melting and the sun is out....40 degrees outside.

Doing pretty well. Honestly that mars landing video has me feeling better about humanity than i have in a minute.

Your plants look gorgeous! Was just thinking you're probably near chop.

Good luck with the cert! Sounds like a lot of cramming.

Well a pox on the cold but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about humanity...I'm waiting for that moment myself :p

Thanks brotha! I'm highly confident about the exam. A lot more confident about it than the next attempt I'm going to take at making live resin from my fresh frozen plants. First attempt didn't go so well.

Lemme tell you dude it's a bummer when you fuck up a mundane portion of the extraction process - like spilling everything whilst putting it in the vac oven - but it's another kind of bummer when it was like 8 months from when you cracked the seed yourself leading up to that moment. Grrr

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Lemme tell you dude it's a bummer when you fuck up a mundane portion of the extraction process - like spilling everything whilst putting it in the vac oven - but it's another kind of bummer when it was like 8 months from when you cracked the seed yourself leading up to that moment. Grrr

I can't tell you how much crap I have wasted like this. It's bad enough losing all that concentrate, but it's doubly bad having to clean all that sticky crap up. I don't think my oven will ever be clean again.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I can't tell you how much crap I have wasted like this. It's bad enough losing all that concentrate, but it's doubly bad having to clean all that sticky crap up. I don't think my oven will ever be clean again.

The cheesiest split second B-movie montage of me nursing and raising the plant flashed before my eyes as I watched everything spill off the edge of the parchment. Fuck. 😂 and yea then it's iso-paper-towel time

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
If i disappear, i just started reading VALIS and i can immediately see why @MIMedGrower recommended it.

(I won't actually disappear but this book is great....also my plants all look fine, nothing much to report).

Top Bottom