Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I hear ya. My bikes and boats are ready!

I am not finding definitive info on whether the New Uk strain is immune to the shot? And if it stops the transfer of the virus at all?

Honestly it feels like pharmaceutical propaganda that they even have one yet. They change the flu formula constantly.
If i can find a credible source on the vaccine vs the variants, i will share it here. My understanding is that so far they don't see evidence of more than average breakthrough....but it's very plausible. Generally, given the hesitancy around getting the vaccine in some places, my guess is vaccines will require boosters etc at some point because there will still be reservoirs of environments for the virus to evolve.

The authorization they have right now is explicitly emergency and not an approval...so the likelihood of things evolving is high. That said, i think this will make me much safer than not. Everyone has to make their own call though.

Fudge

Fudge

I am not finding definitive info on whether the New Uk strain is immune to the shot? And if it stops the transfer of the virus at all?

Honestly it feels like pharmaceutical propaganda that they even have one yet. They change the flu formula constantly.

I've had both of mine, although it's the Oxford vaccine, I'm around kids from school and lots of other sources of the virus and I'm fine, I've git Copd too so have been extra careful, forget the propoganda, the odds of catching the virus and dying well outweigh a blood clots odds of getting you. The uk is trialling mixing vaccines now too to see if you get any extra immunity or less etc. Sorry if I've missed any context to the convo I just saw this. The uk has a mix of nearly all variants at the moment too

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've had both of mine, although it's the Oxford vaccine, I'm around kids from school and lots of other sources of the virus and I'm fine, I've git Copd too so have been extra careful, forget the propoganda, the odds of catching the virus and dying well outweigh a blood clots odds of getting you. The uk is trialling mixing vaccines now too to see if you get any extra immunity or less etc. Sorry if I've missed any context to the convo I just saw this. The uk has a mix of nearly all variants at the moment too

thanks for that info. Appreciated.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok guys. Mrs. MMG and I despite our health problems are scheduled for the first Pfizer shot Saturday.

I have avoided vaccines a long time. I went into shock because of athsma during an allergy shot as a child and a flu shot in my 20’s.

But this virus scares me. I have been in self lock down over a year now. Mrs. MMG did all the shopping for us. And I want to ride and kayak this season instead of avoid the trailheads and launches like last summer.

Fudge

Fudge

Ok guys. Mrs. MMG and I despite our health problems are scheduled for the first Pfizer shot Saturday.

I have avoided vaccines a long time. I went into shock because of athsma during an allergy shot as a child and a flu shot in my 20’s.

But this virus scares me. I have been in self lock down over a year now. Mrs. MMG did all the shopping for us. And I want to ride and kayak this season instead of avoid the trailheads and launches like last summer.
I think that's a good decision. It looks like the virus is here to stay, so ESPECIALLY if you have health problems, it's going to be a big part of our lives, maybe until the end of it for some of us. I think it's taken enough from us and it's time to take control back. Even if that means giving up a little bit of control by having the vaccine. We'll done mate and I hope you get to do everything outdoorsy that you want to this year. God knows we all deserve it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think that's a good decision. It looks like the virus is here to stay, so ESPECIALLY if you have health problems, it's going to be a big part of our lives, maybe until the end of it for some of us. I think it's taken enough from us and it's time to take control back. Even if that means giving up a little bit of control by having the vaccine. We'll done mate and I hope you get to do everything outdoorsy that you want to this year. God knows we all deserve it.

literally right after I read your comment to me my wife texted about the Saturday appt she made and if I wanted it too. I took the hints.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Had my first jab today. The site i went to was very efficient. No side effects beyond a slightly sore shoulder, at least so far. I signed up for the v-safe program the cdc is doing to monitor side effects fwiw but i think it should be fine. Second dose is when i have had some friends with a fever etc.

I also take anticoagulant medication (xarelto), which puts me at very slightly more risk. But again, it's....vanishingly small.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Milson , if you can believe this , my wife and I were scared to death about having the second shot , we were getting various reports from family members about side effects ...

We were acting like two babies who had just been poisoned after the second vaccine , kept looking at each other and saying shit like " do you feel anything " " do I feel warm to you "

After the third day I looked at my wife and I'm telling her I actually feel better this week than I have in months , she agreed , so we're thinking ...did this stuff actually make us feel good ? It's nuts , but I felt like I got a vitamin b 12 shot or something ......

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hey Milson , if you can believe this , my wife and I were scared to death about having the second shot , we were getting various reports from family members about side effects ...

We were acting like two babies who had just been poisoned after the second vaccine , kept looking at each other and saying shit like " do you feel anything " " do I feel warm to you "

After the third day I looked at my wife and I'm telling her I actually feel better this week than I have in months , she agreed , so we're thinking ...did this stuff actually make us feel good ? It's nuts , but I felt like I got a vitamin b 12 shot or something ......
That's interesting! Honestly i think part of it might be stress? Or lack thereof?

But i really don't know.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

MIIIILLLSOOOOON!!!!!

Look what you've started now!
Screenshot 2021 04 16 09 31 34

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

On the vaccine front, I will be getting it as soon as our useless govt gets its ass moving. They have started with healthcare and front line workers, then the elderly will be next in line and then the rest of us will get it. The problem is that they are moving at snail speed. At the rate they are going, the general population will only have access towards the end of the year, if we are lucky...

I also see the vaccine turning into a flu shot type of deal, a new vaccine every year covering the newest/most deadly strains that have popped up in the last year... It kinda sucks, but what can we do, the tiger is out the cage now and there's no putting it back.

chemistry

chemistry

Had the Pfizer, had a bit of stiffness in my muscles for the first week, normal pain from point of impact, nothing since, second jab next month, all good at the minute. đź‘Ť

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

I know right! I was just checking what was on offer and the auction had like 10mins to go and it was only €15.50... My only worry now is them getting to me. Our postal service is very third world, things go missing, mail gets lost and if you lucky you may get your mail within 30 days of it being sent... And that's just local mail not international!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Cut my Panama girls last night. It was time. I could have done a much better job with them, but i am still really looking forward to the smoke. The yield per plant is also going to be my highest by far...

P Haze has gone into flower! And killer A5 won't be far behind....

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Had the Pfizer, had a bit of stiffness in my muscles for the first week, normal pain from point of impact, nothing since, second jab next month, all good at the minute. đź‘Ť
I had pfizer as well. After about 36 hours the soreness in my shoulder has subsided. No other side effects.

I have to admit, it has improved my mood a lot to be in this process and feeling like just maybe I can have some of my life back soon.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

Cut my Panama girls last night. It was time. I could have done a much better job with them, but i am still really looking forward to the smoke. The yield per plant is also going to be my highest by far...

P Haze has gone into flower! And killer A5 won't be far behind....

I'm quite curious about that Panama, interested in your opinion of it, when it's ready of course. And since you've got me looking into all things Haze, that killer A5 has got my attention too! It looks like it has the makings of something special...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm quite curious about that Panama, interested in your opinion of it, when it's ready of course. And since you've got me looking into all things Haze, that killer A5 has got my attention too! It looks like it has the makings of something special...
As a plant it's a sensation.

Seriously....incredible vigor and pungent af. I just messed up a bit growing it because personal reasons.

Top Bottom