Capulators First Mpb Run, And First A Documented Garage Conversion.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

just read this thread... looks like ill be in the first row for the big show :)

G

gooey

looking good amigo, way i see it if your a good niehbor no matter what they have less incentive to be upset, shit in rentals the people who own nearby just want you to mow your lawn and keep it looking nice to keep theire value up...who knows if they got rid of you who would come in next...make friends lol...positive vibes to you on this adventure peace

C

crossouttheiis

still in line waiting...I'm about to fire up my five ton as well

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
update

Alright,

Still a slow build. Got the cage on the ceiling for the lights, and been working on the veg room. I now have 9 tangerine dreams (a killer pheno I found that doesn't stretch and finishes in 9 weeks) in and growing strong (popped roots out the bottom of the rock wool in 2 days. They are in the system, so now I figure I have to be built out by the end of next week, or the girls will be f worded. Gotta love the pressure. :sweating

I was going to use the purple kush like DD, but I already hastily put these Tangy's in, so my idea is to move the tangy's out to the flower room when its done, and replace them with the pk's. Then I will veg and bud them in the prototype veg chamber. Since they finish at around 8weeks with flush, the timing should be just right and will make up for me lagging.

This weekend I am going big.

I have designed a 9 plant site MPB to see if I can cut a week off my veg time, and provide a smooth transition. They are under a 600 right now, which I will dial up to a 1000 this week. I am using the rockwool 6" cubes that are low profile. They are meant to drain better vertically. If you look at how they are woven, you can tell the difference. Figured it would be ideal for 24/7 drip.

Need to change the reservoir to a 110 gal instead of 85 for this to work, and lower the water level a little in the "mini res". Right now the main res is smaller than the "min res". This means that the lower res will run dry before the top one is draining back after initial fill, which makes mixing nutes and adjusting pH a bitch.

I am pretty sure this is why DD said when he added nutes, he would be reading 5.0, and the next day it would be higher around 5.8... There is residual water in each mini res, and the cubes/hydroton. It takes a while to mix through, so I think that is where the balance was happening.

Initial thought:

UC has the advantage over MPB as far as adjusting pH, if you aren't using a doser. Going from main res, in to mini res, and then back... it takes a while.

IMAG0004
IMAG0011 1
IMAG0015
IMAG0016
IMAG0018
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
BTW:

The top "mini res" is a 110 gal botanicare res (4'x 4'). I chose it because it is deep.

I had a 1/2" piece of starboard C&C'd to hold 9 10" net pots. I need to make one of GIddeons famous air cages to support the middle because it sags a tiny bit. I have my 3/4 inch corner pvc pieces on order...

I am using a 1200 GPH pump for the drippers, with a blow off valve that circulates the water in the lower res.

There is a 560 GPH pump pumping nutes in to the "mini res" 24/7.

There is an alita 80 air pump pumping in to 4 12" air stones up top.

1 1/4" overflow on a bulkhead fitting.

Let me know if I am missing anything or if you a have a question. I think this thing will easily do 2/light. Saves space over a UC, since it sits on its own res.

You could also have different lids made so you could have lots of little plants, or one really big ass one.

13Dawgz

nic

Nice, I like your drippers setup looks efficient, at first I was going to give you a hard time about using drip rings, but looks like you're using Tee's. I saw some rockwool cube covers which i think im going to buy and drill some 1/4" holes in for the 2 drip feeds.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Nice, I like your drippers setup looks efficient, at first I was going to give you a hard time about using drip rings, but looks like you're using Tee's. I saw some rockwool cube covers which i think im going to buy and drill some 1/4" holes in for the 2 drip feeds.

I used 1/4" drip off of 1/2" poly. there are 3 t's pointing down in to the rock wool cube. Each plant site has a valve for flow adjustment.

You should be able to put the cube cover over the dripper and drip line, instead of under it. It will still block the light.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
MPB's are pretty much built. Waiting on rubber and nylon washers for the quick connect fittings, and my f'n chiller. Fuck Growsmart hydro for their shitty customer service and horribly late shipping (first chiller came broken after I waited almost a month for it. Second one still not here after another month).

Other than that, I got 9 tangerines ready to go. They are growing too fast.

IMAG0063 3
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So there are 9 plants in MPB, and 9 plants in 60/40 perlite/black gold coco.

The coco have an unfair handicap due tot he fact that none of them are surrounded by light, like 4 of the MPB's which have 4 1000's around each of them.

I have the kosher kush along one wall, and 3 colombian phenos on the other. 2 plants per 15 gal box.

So far the kosher seems like a perfect candidate for espallier. She is viney and its easy to manipulate her.

IMAG0061 3
IMAG0069 3
IMAG0070 3
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
$8.00 home depot container.

Drill hole with unibit (unibit goes all the way through).

Install 3/4 inch ebb/flo fitting

Fill bottom with 3" of perlite.

Fill with 60/40 perlite coco ratio.

IMAG0040 3
IMAG0037 3
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
These tangerines should already be in the other room. I lifted the pot today and the root growth is insane. The older roots are a little light brown. Is this normal? I am going to bomb the res with Hydrofungicide tomorrow, and continue to use it all the way through the grow. Plus, I desperately need that chiller.

FUCK GROWSMART HYDRO. never again.

IMAG0079 3
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
On the coco beds, I used the 3/4 tube and shoved it in to holes I made in a 2" drain pipe. I can easliy remove the hose and put it in a bucket to measure run-off.

It took 4 gallons to get a little over a gallon of run off...

How long should I wait before I water again? Can I water every day using a 25% run off rule? Remember, the coco plants are supposed to be the ones that save me if the MPB shits the bed. I dont want to give them too much or too little water. The first watering I gave them was 1200 ppm. tap water: 450ppm. Cal mag: 280 ppm. Aquashield: 10ml/gal. Botanicare: like 8 ml/gal which brought me to around 1200. Ph'd to 5.5. Runoff measured 6.3..

I was going to go to the hydro shop tomorrow to buy nutes for the coco. Was going to go with dizzles easy floranova one part. Any other opinions are welcome.

For the MPB's I wam going to follow DD's recipe and go with advanced.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
what did u end up doing for AC

I cut a hole in the top of the wall that connects the house attic to the garage. then, I vented through the ceiling.

for intake: I cut a hole in to the res room/control room. This room has 3, 14 x 6 vents I cut in to the wall, so I am pulling air from outside in to the ac.

Good to see you on the thread man. I read your bootie clappin thread last night and almost decided to convert the whole set up to DTW. need to give you some rep for that one.

But I already said I would do at least one MPB, so I gotta stick to it. Looking at it though, I could probably do 3 rows of DTW, adding like 9 more units in between the ones that are already there. Then, each plant would get 2 sides of light all the way down. Then, I could build a table all the way around the room. This would basically give me somewhere around 30 plants, all in 12 gallon containers, with clean aisles to walk down for access.

S

StrikeitRich

Now i want to move to my garage. lol.

Seriously, great work.

Peace,
S i R

Latest posts

Top Bottom