Carbon filters. What are you using and why?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Looking to purchase a carbon filter for a small 2x2.5x5'7" gorilla grow tent. I purchased a ac Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 to control temperature and humidity but do I really need to be overly concerned with the carbon filter?

I have read about phresh but man are they pricey. Ac infinity has one for around $50 buck, but also see and read iPower has a good one that wont break the bank.

So figured I come out to the community and see what you guys are using in the field and why.

Growingfather

Growingfather

Looking to purchase a carbon filter for a small 2x2.5x5'7" gorilla grow tent. I purchased a ac Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 to control temperature and humidity but do I really need to be overly concerned with the carbon filter?

I have read about phresh but man are they pricey. Ac infinity has one for around $50 buck, but also see and read iPower has a good one that wont break the bank.

So figured I come out to the community and see what you guys are using in the field and why.
Don’t buy the ac infinity carbon filter . I have 1 and it kinda scrubbed the smell , but u could still smell the plants in my apartment but after about a month it pretty much was the same as not even having one on. So I purchased a phresh carbon filter and let me tell ya I will never use anything else again. My sister(who doesn’t smoke) couldn’t even smell anything in my apartment even being 10 feet away. I never knew how effective carbon filters were until I used the press carbon filter . It may cost more but I figure if better to get a good one that last a year or two than having to change a cheap one every 6 months

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Don’t buy the ac infinity carbon filter . I have 1 and it kinda scrubbed the smell , but u could still smell the plants in my apartment but after about a month it pretty much was the same as not even having one on. So I purchased a phresh carbon filter and let me tell ya I will never use anything else again. My sister(who doesn’t smoke) couldn’t even smell anything in my apartment even being 10 feet away. I never knew how effective carbon filters were until I used the press carbon filter . It may cost more but I figure if better to get a good one that last a year or two than having to change a cheap one every 6 months

Well I did find a smaller phresh 4" for under 80 bucks. But curious to see if anyone has used iPower compared to the phresh.

CF89

CF89

Ah man that’s discouraging to read. I bought the 6” vivosun off amazon for my 3x3 with 6 plants vegging in there. Kinda big plants but not that stinky and I swear I can still smell it in the basement.

I wonder if that vivosun carbon filter sucks? It’s a month old. I to run a humidifier in the tent though so I feel like lots of moisture does pass through it. Hope I didn’t waste my money.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Ah man that’s discouraging to read. I bought the 6” vivosun off amazon for my 3x3 with 6 plants vegging in there. Kinda big plants but not that stinky and I swear I can still smell it in the basement.

I wonder if that vivosun carbon filter sucks? It’s a month old. I to run a humidifier in the tent though so I feel like lots of moisture does pass through it. Hope I didn’t waste my money.

That's why I'm posting on here to see what's what. Nothing like tried and true. Still would like to see if anyone has anything to say about or used iPower.

CF89

CF89

Looks (and sounds) like a cheap China no name just like the vivosun which works like shit after a month with 6 plants that barely stink.

cheap pays twice.

you get what you pay for.

i am so sick of learning those over and over the hard way. 1/20 times you luck out by buying the no name stuff and all that does it just keeps helping me justify buying the cheap stuff. “Well that one time...” Ugh.

I looked up phresh... seems like mountain air and can filter are also two solid names. Pricey though

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I use an ac inline with the 6 in ac filter and such for my 5x5 live in an apt and there's no smell whatsoever been running it about 2 months now went from smelling like an indoor garden before flowering to no smell 3 weeks into flowering currently

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Read somewhere that too much moisture can inhibit the filters from scrubbing much of anything I have the ac infinity 8 inch filter hooked to a 6 inch fan little excessive ive had two for 6 months and theyre still doing theyre job cant complain will definstrly get the phresh filter or mountain air filter if they still make it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use phresh. The 6”x18” filters have lasted up to 2 years filtering 8 flowering plants perpetually and a drying closet with up to 3/4 lb. in it at once.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
What do you think about the AC Infinity Fan?
Is it quiet enough to use in a bedroom?
I can't get the 4 inch here at the moment, only the 6 inch so was thinking of just getting that and turn it down a bit since it's adjustable.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I can't get the 4 inch here at the moment, only the 6 inch so was thinking of just getting that and turn it down a bit since it's adjustable.
Love my AC cloudline fans. On the low settings they are practically silent but on 8 to 10 they make a solid "whooshing" noise. Not exactly stealth but not very mechanical sounding either. Almost like a white noise machine...great for sleeping imo 👍

teejacks

teejacks

i use two cheap amazon filters on both inlet and outlet ends. seems to work nicely in my tiny closet tent that doesnt need much air pulling out

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Love my AC cloudline fans. On the low settings they are practically silent but on 8 to 10 they make a solid "whooshing" noise. Not exactly stealth but not very mechanical sounding either. Almost like a white noise machine...great for sleeping imo 👍
Excellent, thanks 👍
I'll just go ahead and buy the 6' one even though my tent is only a 60/120/180cm
I'll turn it down and I can then use it for my next tent that will be bigger and I'll get a smaller then for this tent, I'll spend the extra and consider it a long term investment 😁

Growingfather

Growingfather

Getting a bigger unit turned down is always the best bet efficiency wise
Excellent, thanks 👍
I'll just go ahead and buy the 6' one even though my tent is only a 60/120/180cm
I'll turn it down and I can then use it for my next tent that will be bigger and I'll get a smaller then for this tent, I'll spend the extra and consider it a long term investment 😁
thats the best bet I’ve noticed the 4 in ac infinity doesn’t push that much air unless it’s on a high setting

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Well looks like I didnt go wrong getting the AC Infinity fan. I grabbed the 4" and in a 2x2 think that should be more then enough in that small of a tent where space is limited. And at the moment I really dont have to work about smell more climate and temp control, but that's all the fans job. But if I'm going to spend the money for a filter might as well get one that come time to flower with control the smell too.

Still shocked no one has mentioned iPower. They arent super expensive and in several reviews and searches comparing filters it continually pops up and even stating it's better the phresh. Odd

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Well looks like I didnt go wrong getting the AC Infinity fan. I grabbed the 4" and in a 2x2 think that should be more then enough in that small of a tent where space is limited. And at the moment I really dont have to work about smell more climate and temp control, but that's all the fans job. But if I'm going to spend the money for a filter might as well get one that come time to flower with control the smell too.

Still shocked no one has mentioned iPower. They arent super expensive and in several reviews and searches comparing filters it continually pops up and even stating it's better the phresh. Odd
Also don't forget, as soon as you slap a carbon filter on the end or put a bend in the line the CFM's go down DRASTICALLY! Always better to go bigger especially if smell is going to be an issue.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Also don't forget, as soon as you slap a carbon filter on the end or put a bend in the line the CFM's go down DRASTICALLY! Always better to go bigger especially if smell is going to be an issue.

Well I only have a 24" squared area to work with. I believe the filters are around 12" and fan I believe is like 9" or 10". Which you do the math is almost the 24" I have. So filter directly to fan and maybe 12" of duct going out tent.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Well I only have a 24" squared area to work with. I believe the filters are around 12" and fan I believe is like 9" or 10". Which you do the math is almost the 24" I have. So filter directly to fan and maybe 12" of duct going out tent.
I also run a 2x2 and actually mounted the fan outside on top of the the tent vertically it to save headroom inside. It also saves a bend in the duct getting out of the tent. Not 100% safe for a carbon filter though unless you secure it very carefully.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I think I'm gonna go horizontally and secure to the top. You are a brave man going vertical. I'd like to see that for possible ideas but damn that seems scary to me.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think I'm gonna go horizontally and secure to the top. You are a brave man going vertical. I'd like to see that for possible ideas but damn that seems scary to me.
I should have been more clear, I don't do it with a carbon filter, just the fan intake poking through the vent hole on the top. My 2x2 is just a veg/mom spot so little smell coming out.

Top Bottom