Carbon filters. What are you using and why?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I should have been more clear, I don't do it with a carbon filter, just the fan intake poking through the vent hole on the top. My 2x2 is just a veg/mom spot so little smell coming out.

Got cha. Well this Ac Infinity is like climate control from what I have read. So believe if I was to do that it may be trying to control the temp of the room if it's not in the tent.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Got cha. Well this Ac Infinity is like climate control from what I have read. So believe if I was to do that it may be trying to control the temp of the room if it's not in the tent.
It has a very long probe thermostat you hang anywhere in the tent you want

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Really? So then I can run the probe inside tent and just run the tube from inside out. Hmmmmm
20200927 093043
actually a good reminder I need to raise mine up a bit now...lol

Cracken

Cracken

when space is limited there is no reason that both the fan and filter cant be mounted outside the tent. a short run of pipe to the fan that is mounted to the filter. just stand the filter up and have the fan above that. you can strap the fan to the side of the ten so nothing falls over that will also free up room in the ten for the light to allow more height if needed. I built my own room but height is limited so I mounted my filter off to the side away from my light to allow more height. in the pic you can see the filter is out of the way. the room was not finished at this point but you can get the idea. bty it a mountain air. when it was new it ran for 4 years then I recharged it and ready to go again

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

when space is limited there is no reason that both the fan and filter cant be mounted outside the tent. a short run of pipe to the fan that is mounted to the filter. just stand the filter up and have the fan above that. you can strap the fan to the side of the ten so nothing falls over that will also free up room in the ten for the light to allow more height if needed. I built my own room but height is limited so I mounted my filter off to the side away from my light to allow more height. in the pic you can see the filter is out of the way. the room was not finished at this point but you can get the idea. bty it a mountain air. when it was new it ran for 4 years then I recharged it and ready to go again

I'd like to see pictures of what your talking about.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well looks like I didnt go wrong getting the AC Infinity fan. I grabbed the 4" and in a 2x2 think that should be more then enough in that small of a tent where space is limited. And at the moment I really dont have to work about smell more climate and temp control, but that's all the fans job. But if I'm going to spend the money for a filter might as well get one that come time to flower with control the smell too.

Still shocked no one has mentioned iPower. They arent super expensive and in several reviews and searches comparing filters it continually pops up and even stating it's better the phresh. Odd

See thats a problem. A review that says its “better”. It is well made and has the proper austrailian carbon or not.

I would trust phresh and can light for my purpose. Have not looked into ipower but have not been happy with generic amazon stuff in general.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Apparently you can put the carbon filter in an oven at 450f for 1-2 hours (or till the core gets 200f) and it’ll cook it off and make it work as new again

I have heard this before but dont see how all the buildup inside would dissapate. Some would cook off i guess.

I have learned to shake them up or tap on them and shake to loosen the used carbon and increase fresh surface area.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

See thats a problem. A review that says its “better”. It is well made and has the proper austrailian carbon or not.

I would trust phresh and can light for my purpose. Have not looked into ipower but have not been happy with generic amazon stuff in general.

Apparently this isnt a amazon thing. I'm leaning towards phresh since so many people have recommended it.

CF89

CF89

heres my 3x3 tent with a 6" fan/filter. vivosun everything. I imagine it would be very easy to shuffle everything about 2 feet to the left so just the filter is in the tent, then the hose going outside of the tent, and connecting to a fan outside. mount it however your ceiling allows.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Guys still wanna see some of these pics with fans outside of tents and the setups. Need ideas. Please and thank you. Especially guys with smaller setups like myself.

Heres my veg tent with fan outside. If flowering in there the filter would hang at the top inside the 3x3 at the other end of the 4” flexible duct.

938357C6 8690 4EE2 8B47 F3B1261DBFB0

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

heres my 3x3 tent with a 6" fan/filter. vivosun everything. I imagine it would be very easy to shuffle everything about 2 feet to the left so just the filter is in the tent, then the hose going outside of the tent, and connecting to a fan outside. mount it however your ceiling allows.
You look like you have the same lights I got atm

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Another of the reasons I was going to go for a fan a size up was to compensate for both the carbon filter and to do the setup so that fan and filter is outside the tent with the ducting only going into the tent since its not huge.

CF89

CF89

I think that’s a good deal for a giant phresh filter. That’s also Canadian. So like $85usd. I’ve only got a 6” fan. but that’s why they make these:

Reducers and adapters and Y’s are super handy and easily found online for $15.

Is there anything wrong with using a giant filter (other than room) with a reducer to a smaller fan?

CF89

CF89

Now you got me thinking of upgrading.

How are you guys keeping humidity up via a humidifier AND having a carbon filter in your tent?

I can’t wait for flower so I can turn this humidifier off and maybe start running the dehumidifier instead. The carbon filter will thank me I’m sure.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I think that’s a good deal for a giant phresh filter. That’s also Canadian. So like $85usd. I’ve only got a 6” fan. but that’s why they make these:

Reducers and adapters and Y’s are super handy and easily found online for $15.

Is there anything wrong with using a giant filter (other than room) with a reducer to a smaller fan?
That's an amazing deal but I'm only running a 4 inch. So think this may a little to big.

Top Bottom