Carbon filters. What are you using and why?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Theres your problem. I think it was said earlier in the thread. Thats a duct helper fan. Designed to help push already inline fan driven air down long lengths of duct. Its not static 240 cfm. Im surprised they put that on there.

You need an inline fan or a mixed flow fan to filter and exhaust the tent. A 6” inline fan will be a real 300-450cfm. A 4” inline fan like 200cfm but way way stronger than the duct helper fan.
I was going to get one of those while back and it stated 200cfm on another site i found it was half that..theres a few calculators on net to measure cfm of room mine was around 170 odd cfm so i bought a 330 cfm fresh hyper .i doubled it cause theres a few variables to consider.bends and length of ducting aswell as the carbon canister.i run it roughly about 40% having it bigger means you can turn it down on controller for less noise..if you have heat issues you can turn her up

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was going to get one of those while back and it stated 200cfm on another site i found it was half that..theres a few calculators on net to measure cfm of room mine was around 170 odd cfm so i bought a 330 cfm fresh hyper .i doubled it cause theres a few variables to consider.bends and length of ducting aswell as the carbon canister.i run it roujghly about 40% having it bigger means you can turn it down on controller for less noise..if you have heat issues you can turn her up

I ran into those when i got started too. I think i read to use the proper fan in grow weed easy dot com. Big difference. $35 helper fan $90 inline fan.

I payed a little more and got hyper fans too but one of them has become noisy and doesnt always start back up after about 6 years. Shouldnt complain. they burn less power and move more air than the cfm says. I wanted to replace but they cost over $200 flu inflation price. Payed $130 before. But my 400cfm hydrofarm active air fans dont cool my room quite as well.

On topic i could use a duct helper fan to help move the exhaust to my chimney. It is kind of a long awkward run.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah mines a little noisy aswell .its not that bad though from a distance..its actually noisy then isnt when going.i liked it because of the high static pressure and low wattage something like over 7.85 cfm.pr watt ..30watts all up i think it was..have you got a carbon filter on in veg MIMedGrower .interested to know how much noise it cuts out..they discontinued mine and have a v2 out now..i payed over a couple hundred few yrs back..

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah mines a little noisy aswell .its not that bad though from a distance..its actually noisy then isnt when going.i liked it because of the high static pressure and low wattage something like over 7.85 cfm.pr watt ..30watts all up i think it was..have you got a carbon filter on in veg MIMedGrower .interested to know how much noise it cuts out..they discontinued mine and have a v2 out now..i payed over a couple hundred few yrs back..

No I just use an old green active air 4” fan. Still around $60 on amazon.

The hyper fan 6’s were on either end of my 2 air cooled hoods exhausting the room through a phresh 6x16” filter and through the lamps and out. Like a tent setup.

The active air 6” fans are on the air cooled lamps now. But i am always a degree or two higher compared with the hypers. Mixed flow for the win!

I did look at Australian hydro stores online. But the stuff is even more expensive even locally to Australia so that doesnt work. Go American retail stores I guess. ;-)

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

We pay through the nose over here.freight and stamp duty wrecks us to get gear from the states.we just got to suck it up ..lol...agree mixed flow wins hands down 👍

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We pay through the nose over here.freight and stamp duty wrecks us to get gear from the states.we just got to suck it up ..lol...agree mixed flow wins hands down 👍

I mean to buy from your online stores with your countries money is way higher than our prices. i figured i would call and arrange shipping and maybe save money on austrailian made stuff like hyper fan.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Think of it like a bathroom. When you prepare to nuke your friends house you turn the fan on as a courtesy right? But if that fan was blowing IN to the bathroom the whole courtesy thing is void :)

CF89

CF89

I’ll never forget my teacher in trades school specifically telling us “that’s NOT a fart fan”.

I turned off the 4” intake. So it’s running just the 6”, improper booster fan as an exhaust and the walls are now collapsed in and smell is 100% non existent. I just need a bigger and better 6” fan is all.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I’ll never forget my teacher in trades school specifically telling us “that’s NOT a fart fan”.

I turned off the 4” intake. So it’s running just the 6”, improper booster fan as an exhaust and the walls are now collapsed in and smell is 100% non existent. I just need a bigger and better 6” fan is all.
Exactamundo

Top Bottom