Carbon filters. What are you using and why?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Im a visual learner. Maybe this will help.

Side note: the setup on the bottom right should be switched... filter before the fan!!!
But if you put the filter before the fan(bottom right) it will just suck air straight through the middle .the filters have to b capped at one end to work..but i agree about that setup making you fan work harder .would blow a little bit of carbon out of it too...

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
But if you put the filter before the fan(bottom right) it will just suck air straight through the middle .the filters have to b capped at one end to work..but i agree about that setup making you fan work harder .would blow a little bit of carbon out of it too...
What do you mean "capped at one end"? With the one's ive had there's only one end to attach ducting...so you either "suck" or you "blow" ...much more effective to suck imo...😯

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

i'm in the same boat as OP.

but i bought myself a Phresh carbon filter, trying to figure out now what fan and setup.

envious of those AC Infinity fans, they're an arm & a leg here - what's an alternative which is q-u-i-e-t exhaust?

anyway, interested in how it goes here, though i am simultaneously tackling my own odour management.

Dan789

Dan789

Lol, I started with 2x2 for veg & 4x4 for flower, added another 2x3 for veg recently & already short on room again lol, all cheap tents & lights until I know which directions I'm going but got a good fan when unexpected heat & humidity issues came up at old place. You'll keep running out of room & finding ways to get more tents, it's a space consuming hobby to have
Thinking back to the crazy days of attempting to grow in the attic...finally realized i just had to claim some space in the garage and go from there...

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Got cha. I'm wondering if I even need the filter at the moment then. I mean I just have seedlings, need to control the humidity and temp. I also heard humidity can lower the life of the carbon filter too. Maybe start with the fan like you and once a need to the filter comes around grab one then.
I don't filter veg, just flower, doesn't smell too bad

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I went ahead and grabbed a filter this morning but think I'm gonna do the same. Only run it when it comes time.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I went ahead and grabbed a filter this morning but think I'm gonna do the same. Only run it when it comes time.
I have 6" cloudline for my 4" setup lol, quiet till about 8-10 settings, in my bedroom on 8 or less but now in basement so on 10. They're great fans, set & forget basically. Keep the instruction book but people here will help too when you can't figure out all the freaking alarms lol

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I have 6" cloudline for my 4" setup lol, quiet till about 8-10 settings, in my bedroom on 8 or less but now in basement so on 10. They're great fans, set & forget basically. Keep the instruction book but people here will help too when you can't figure out all the freaking alarms lol
Great alarms. 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Madmax

Madmax

I don't filter veg, just flower, doesn't smell too bad
Im going to filter veg only because the phresh fan is a little noisy over 1/4 on the fan controller.im thinking of using a cars pod filter if i can get one in 6 inch just to cut the noise down.it could bring me undone.if i knew they were going to b that noisy i would have bought a can fan silencer..bloody pricey....

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Im going to filter veg only because the phresh fan is a little noisy over 1/4 on the fan controller.im thinking of using a cars pod filter if i can get one in 6 inch just to cut the noise down.it could bring me undone.if i knew they were going to b that noisy i would have bought a can fan silencer..bloody pricey....
Tried any of this (just skimmed article, short on time)?

ArrEll

ArrEll

Ok so school me cause I'm a little confused. Does having a filter inside just help with smell going through filter from inside out or can you just draw air out an exhaust port and keep fan and filter outside? Confused on where equipment should go. I have seen setups with them inside and now you guys are talking outside.

Yes pretty much any combo will work. I've seen pic (wish I could post one with this), depicting the Filter:

A) Hanging horizontally at top of tent, fan attached, ducting leading outside
B) Standing on floor outside the tent, fan inside (connected with dryer ducting)
C) Standing on floor inside the tent, fan atop it, air pushed out thru dryer ducting - ETC.

I'm sure that ONE particular way is superior to the rest (probably Fan/Filter combined at top of tent,
ducting going outside), but everyone must just do, as their equipment will allow.

Due to limited space, I opted for: Filter on floor inside, fan on top of it, ducting leading Up & Out....
and it seems to work just fine.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Yes pretty much any combo will work. I've seen pic (wish I could post one with this), depicting the Filter:

A) Hanging horizontally at top of tent, fan attached, ducting leading outside
B) Standing on floor outside the tent, fan inside (connected with dryer ducting)
C) Standing on floor inside the tent, fan atop it, air pushed out thru dryer ducting - ETC.

I'm sure that ONE particular way is superior to the rest (probably Fan/Filter combined at top of tent,
ducting going outside), but everyone must just do, as their equipment will allow.

Due to limited space, I opted for: Filter on floor inside, fan on top of it, ducting leading Up & Out....
and it seems to work just fine.

AND I can clearly see I didn't buy "enough tent". My three plants have outgrown their space, and
now I'm hacking away at them (as they are flowering) - something I did not want to do. But I have
a very limited Grow space, and this tent is 2x2x48" tall (small). I just placed an order for another
one which is slightly bigger (especially Tall... 63" tall), and will still fit in my Grow space. The
existing tent only cost $55, so no biggie.....I'll still use it, down the road. I shall endeavor to purchase
strains which have a Smaller Max Grow Height (like Lowryder), down the road. I have one spare
1,000-watt LED light, so if I can make room elsewhere....I'll use both tents :)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is a great thread with all different ways to set up ventilation.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

AND I can clearly see I didn't buy "enough tent". My three plants have outgrown their space, and
now I'm hacking away at them (as they are flowering) - something I did not want to do. But I have
a very limited Grow space, and this tent is 2x2x48" tall (small). I just placed an order for another
one which is slightly bigger (especially Tall... 63" tall), and will still fit in my Grow space. The
existing tent only cost $55, so no biggie.....I'll still use it, down the road. I shall endeavor to purchase
strains which have a Smaller Max Grow Height (like Lowryder), down the road. I have one spare
1,000-watt LED light, so if I can make room elsewhere....I'll use both tents :)

You can veg in the smaller tent a few weeks and flower in the new bigger one for a perpetual grow.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I run can fan 🙉

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Have you looked into a DIY carbon filter setup? Takes a little tooling around, But you can then simply purchase new carbon and replace the old as it "wears out". Doing this you can make it any size needed as well.

Top Bottom