caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
got a late blommer...the pink hair pheno....lol

BG#9 (not the keeper)
BG9 6 24

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

awesome work ken......your threads get better and better bro you are really impressing me........those outdoor plants are such freakin beauties and that bubba gold looks very very sweet as well....looks like u got a nice cross on your hands........also since you seem to be an outdoor growing pimp.........what do you spray for bug prevention....I have been hitting my patch with a combination of bio-neem and insectisidal soap and its really not doing its job im getting some bad bug damage......but im also in the thick woods surrounded by bush and the bugs are insane to start with......but just curious if u had anything special u used???

keep the threads coming love packing the roor and peeping your sexy ladies!!!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I love the monster plants you have going on Ken, sounds like a great cross. Mad props on your growing skills bro.
Thanks Mark :) I think this is might be an epic year for me

awesome work ken......your threads get better and better bro you are really impressing me........those outdoor plants are such freakin beauties and that bubba gold looks very very sweet as well....looks like u got a nice cross on your hands........also since you seem to be an outdoor growing pimp.........what do you spray for bug prevention....I have been hitting my patch with a combination of bio-neem and insectisidal soap and its really not doing its job im getting some bad bug damage......but im also in the thick woods surrounded by bush and the bugs are insane to start with......but just curious if u had anything special u used???

keep the threads coming love packing the roor and peeping your sexy ladies!!!!
|
Thanks Mitchy :)

It's still early but so far I have been pretty fortunate and havent had to use the trusty Neem.
I had a bunch of ladybugs for a while.
I do have Grass hoppers and leafhorppers pretty bad..
and I have been spraying "Monterey Spinosad" and that works for Worms also.
and I switch it up with "Safer brand" Caterpillar killer spray ;)

nebulius

nebulius

Howdy Ken. How many phenotypes have you noticed with the BG? How was the one you decided to keep different from the ones you aren't going to keep.

I don't know much about pheno types so trying to get an idea of how different each phenotype is from each other.

Hope this wasn't asked before.
Thanks dude.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Howdy Ken. How many phenotypes have you noticed with the BG? How was the one you decided to keep different from the ones you aren't going to keep.

I don't know much about pheno types so trying to get an idea of how different each phenotype is from each other.

Hope this wasn't asked before.
Thanks dude.
Thats a great question Neb. I dont know alot about phenotypes myself...only what I have learned here at the farm really.

I gremed 12 seeds...all 12 popped 6 were males..I keep the biggest male culled the rest.
The 6 females all were a bit different looking...and when i flowered them the differences were more apparent. I should have done a better job showing those differences here.

So I found 6 different phenotypes...but the could be dozens more in the seeds I have saved.

I choose #5 because it smelled and looked a lot like Bubba kush.

I have only flower these in winter and spring sun. So I dont think I have even seen what they are really capable of.
The real test will be when they can flower in the summer sun. :)

derelict

derelict

phenotypes are basically unlimited. phenotypic expression is the physical representation of the underlying genes and how those genes are affected by the surrounding environment. unless the gene pool in extremely small, most individuals should look quite different. so if the gene pool is quite diverse and growing conditions are varied, potentially every seed could result in a different phenotype.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
good info Derelict. thanks...But you know what?
All my 2 foot Alien seedlings look the same to me.
basically all 10 ewok look the same.
and all 14 rockcandy the same too.

I think its called "Stability" :)

heck, I can barley tell rock candy from ewok

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You nailed that Ken, the genetics are really great when you plant a bunch of seeds and they look the same. Are you gonna back cross your BG to try to stabilize it yourself or? Also, what's the taste like and does it vary greatly from plant to plant? I really like your cross wish I had one (or more) of your seeds. They're a cross of two strains I would not mind having and they look so nice. Honestly though I'm growing in a window space I doubt I'd be able to keep those bushes you got going small enough.

Top Bottom