case of grain alcohol and more than enough buds ... Will test results

• Thread starter nuggetry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nuggetry

I recently came across a case of 190 proof/ 95% grain alcohol (EVERCLEAR).
I also have way more than enough flowers and trim to soak in this.
I will get the final result tested for THC/CBD and will post results.
I already know my starting THC/CBD/Terpenes since all my strains are currently tested by the Werc Shop.

I can do a few seperate tests, so was wondering about different techniques.

Is it best to clean before soaking?
Should I soak for more than 3 mins?
Should I evaporate off and make oil, or make a tincture?
Would it be hard to make a salve or lotion from this?

Best ideas and lets see what the results show.

Graywolf

Graywolf

For an alcohol extraction, I would break the material up loosely by hand and freeze it to -18C/0F along with the alcohol and use multiple 3 minute soaks, keeping the pulls separate.

I recommend making an oil, so that you can watch the decarboxylation, and then adding back alcohol if you want a tincture.

Easy to make a lotion or salve by combining it with virgin coconut oil. We also add some other ingredients to speed things up, but it will work with just coconut oil.

Holy Anointing Oil Topical

10 gms cannabis oil
8 gms virgin unrefined coconut oil
.7 gms cinnamon leaf oil
.7 gms cinnamon bark oil
.7 gms liquid gum myrrh

3 gms Emu oil optional*

Cort

Cort

I made everclear has once. Didnt measure or test but I took frozen larf and dumped in some everclear from freezer, shook vigorously for about 30 secs. Evaped down to some smooth and dank black tar.

Need to work on my filtration system though. Coffee filters drain too slow when they dont have pressure (lake a can of butane) behind them, prob try multi lairs of cheesecloth next time. Next time I go to Arizona I will be getting a few bottles to try again.

Graywolf

Graywolf

With the oil container in a 250F hot oil bath, I watch the bubbles. The solvent will exit first, with multi sized larger bubbles, followed by fine fizzy equally sized CO2 bubbles from decarboxylation.

When bubble production suddenly drops off, you are at about 70% decarboxylation, and the point to stop for maximum THC retention. If you want a more sedative oil, you wait until bubble production stops completely.

Top Bottom