Caterpillars

• Thread starter AlexWoods
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MydnyteToker

Heres a pic of an infected leaf I plucked Saturday night. When I pulled it it was just a group of eggs and the morning after they had already hatched. Easy to see how this can get away from you in a hurry!

cat_larvae_sm.jpg

j wizzle

j wizzle

holy shit....i have a few white balls that ive been picking off when i see them

how many ball were on that leaf? thats insane

when is the latest i can spray the Sevin on my plants?

M

mickeyspliff

Wow, I've never seen a concentration like that. Gotta get the Bt out for that infestation.

j wizzle

j wizzle

is there a brand for BT or how do i ask for it at lowe's, etc.??

StickyBuds420

StickyBuds420

man i had the same thing on my plant at first glance thought it was some kinda fungus then looked closer and was like WTF glad i picked it off before they spread.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm alternating every two weeks with Spinosad, and will be adding Garlic Barrier and, when I remember to order it, Neem. I'm also going to try out something called SucraShield, but couldn't afford to buy it this round.

Illmind

Illmind

neem will dead the larvae, and bt the boarers it must be ingested tho. application is important too if not applied right its not gonna give results butt i personally haven't seen or heard of an effective way to use garlic. i've heard vasoline at the base will help deter certain pests. biggest thing is to not get em in the first place which is extremely tough in some areas.

j wizzle

j wizzle

thanks crom,

i went to lowe's yesterday and all they had was a critter cage from safer

ill check out home depot today.

i bought sevin garden dust and sprinkled really well over the entire garden after spraying yesterday.

i sprayed the hell out of my plants 2 days ago with sevin spray, like put the hose on full blast about 2 inches from the plants. went top to bottom, every where i could and i went over each plant twice at least. last night i still had a bunch of them. i just picked as many as i could.

do i need to open up each bud individually and spray them again?? or does this stuff take a couple days to do the damage?

im building a greenhouse for next round FOR SURE!!!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Biggest trick really is to prevent them early on and you won't have this issue. I had my summer with caterpillars, and that's all it took to ensure I was ready for the next outdoor season. Spray BT early in the season, and/or when you see your first moth in the garden. As soon as I see the orange looking moth(Sachem Skipper), and the cabbage moth I start my applications. I spread them about 2-3 weeks apart and I alternate with Azamax. I was fed up with bugs in one of my tents with mothers so I used Azamax every 10 days and they were gone. I'm also not opposed to using the No Pest Strips as long as they aren't a permanent fixture.

I'd figure out when you see them the most during the day and try to spray then, as they have to ingest the BT for it to be effective.

Cheers,
Crom

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
^^^nah they are for enclosed spaces, sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom